Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

DC Question and Answer Thread

Okay. I have a question. This actually bothers me a lot. So:

You know the second case Conan's ever been in? The Idol's Locked Room Murder? (I know, I know, it's a long time ago, but still) Well, you know how the person actually committed suicide by jumping off the chair and landing on the knife? Well, if he did do that, wouldn't he be laying on his back? If he did die instantly, then how could he have rolled onto his stomach, like how Conan and friends found him?

..Am I confusing anyone?

You know the second case Conan's ever been in? The Idol's Locked Room Murder? (I know, I know, it's a long time ago, but still) Well, you know how the person actually committed suicide by jumping off the chair and landing on the knife? Well, if he did do that, wouldn't he be laying on his back? If he did die instantly, then how could he have rolled onto his stomach, like how Conan and friends found him?

..Am I confusing anyone?

How instant is instantly? My theory is something along the lines of "just because you die doesn't mean your body stops moving." Basically he hit the knife, the high center of balance of the knife and the body combined with the slippery-ness of the handle point and any ice means he tipped onto his side, and then spasming (is that a word?) flopped onto his belly. See cadaveric spasm and postmortem spasm.

..Am I confusing anyone?

How instant is instantly? My theory is something along the lines of "just because you die doesn't mean your body stops moving." Basically he hit the knife, the high center of balance of the knife and the body combined with the slippery-ness of the handle point and any ice means he tipped onto his side, and then spasming (is that a word?) flopped onto his belly. See cadaveric spasm and postmortem spasm.

Ohhh...I see! Thanks a lot, Chekov-kun! x) Now I'm not bothered anymore! Arigatou gozaimasu!!!! xD

Just wondering....does Takagi suspect Conan?

He suspects that Conan is not an ordinary 7-year-old boy, but someone else (since in the Matsuda Case, he asked who Conan really is). Is is likely that Takagi has been suspected Conan being Shinichi ever since he almost told him the truth, though this suspicion hasn't yet to be officially claimed by Takagi himself...

Does Conan even say the phrase "Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!" (There is only one truth) in the manga ? Or only in the anime ? Cuz I don't think that I remember any chapter in which he said that...

Same ^ I think he only says it in the anime... when the beginning of the DC movies at the end of his introduction.

^ I'm sure that you can't ask that around here . . . I've bought the original Japanese tankoubons from Yahoo!Japan before, though.

As for the whole 'Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!' thing, Gosho said in this year's OtonaFami magazine's interview that he and the anime writer came up with this line at the same time independently. Erm, the line that Gosho came up with is in File 92-96, which is slightly different from the 'shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!' thing, but the idea is the same.

Q:「コナン」の好きなエピソードベスト5を教えてください。

Tell me your Top 5 episodes.

A:一番は「揺れる警視庁1200万人の人質」(本記事#28)です。読者人気も一番ですね。あとはなんだろう?アニメで2時間半スペシャルだった「黒の組織と真っ向勝負満月の夜の二元ミステリー」(本記事#35)かな。平次が初登場する「外交官殺人事件」(本記事#10)は、新一の「そいつはちがうな・・・」って言う見開きのシーンが、演出的にうまくいったかなと思います。「真実はいつも・・・たった一つしかねーんだからな・・・」って台詞もお気に入り。アニメの台詞で「真実はいつもひとつ!」ってあるじゃないですか。あれはアニメの脚本者が書いたんですが、僕が書いたのと同時期だったんです。偶然一緒で驚きました。「なぞめいた乗客」(本記事#24)も好きかな。コナンの「逃げるなよ灰原・・・自分の運命から・・・逃げるんじゃねーぞ・・・」って台詞が印象に残ってます。新一は台詞に気を使いますね。あと、最初の「ホームズの黙示録」(本記事#50)。コナンの憧れの地でしたから力が入りました。現場取材もして。

#1 would be “Shaken Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages” (FILE 369-373). What else? I guess “Head to Head with the Black Organization: Full Moon Night's Dual Mystery” (FILE 429-434), which ran as a two-and-a-half-hour special in the anime. Ïn “The Case of the Murdered Diplomat” (FILE 92-96), where Heiji first makes an appearance, I liked Shinichi's eye-opening scene, where he said, “That's not right . . .” - I thought it went well, performance-wise. I also like the line, “There is . . . only one truth . . . don't you see?” In the anime, they say, “One truth remains!”, right? The anime's writer came up with this line, but I also came up with this line at the same time. I was surprised by the coincidence. “The Mysterious Passenger” (FILE 287-289) is a favorite, too. Conan's “Don't run away, Haibara . . . Don't run away . . . from your own destiny . . .” remains impressed in my memory. Shinichi picks his lines carefully, doesn't he? I'd also like to add “Following Holmes” (FILE 743-752). Since it was Conan's admired place, I put in some effort. I did some site research for it, too.

^ I'm sure that you can't ask that around here . . . I've bought the original Japanese tankoubons from Yahoo!Japan before, though.

As for the whole 'Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!' thing, Gosho said in this year's OtonaFami magazine's interview that he and the anime writer came up with this line at the same time independently. Erm, the line that Gosho came up with is in File 92-96, which is slightly different from the 'shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!' thing, but the idea is the same.

Q:「コナン」の好きなエピソードベスト5を教えてください。

Tell me your Top 5 episodes.

A:一番は「揺れる警視庁1200万人の人質」(本記事#28)です。読者人気も一番ですね。あとはなんだろう?アニメで2時間半スペシャルだった「黒の組織と真っ向勝負満月の夜の二元ミステリー」(本記事#35)かな。平次が初登場する「外交官殺人事件」(本記事#10)は、新一の「そいつはちがうな・・・」って言う見開きのシーンが、演出的にうまくいったかなと思います。「真実はいつも・・・たった一つしかねーんだからな・・・」って台詞もお気に入り。アニメの台詞で「真実はいつもひとつ!」ってあるじゃないですか。あれはアニメの脚本者が書いたんですが、僕が書いたのと同時期だったんです。偶然一緒で驚きました。「なぞめいた乗客」(本記事#24)も好きかな。コナンの「逃げるなよ灰原・・・自分の運命から・・・逃げるんじゃねーぞ・・・」って台詞が印象に残ってます。新一は台詞に気を使いますね。あと、最初の「ホームズの黙示録」(本記事#50)。コナンの憧れの地でしたから力が入りました。現場取材もして。

#1 would be “Shaken Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages” (FILE 369-373). What else? I guess “Head to Head with the Black Organization: Full Moon Night's Dual Mystery” (FILE 429-434), which ran as a two-and-a-half-hour special in the anime. Ïn “The Case of the Murdered Diplomat” (FILE 92-96), where Heiji first makes an appearance, I liked Shinichi's eye-opening scene, where he said, “That's not right . . .” - I thought it went well, performance-wise. I also like the line, “There is . . . only one truth . . . don't you see?” In the anime, they say, “One truth remains!”, right? The anime's writer came up with this line, but I also came up with this line at the same time. I was surprised by the coincidence. “The Mysterious Passenger” (FILE 287-289) is a favorite, too. Conan's “Don't run away, Haibara . . . Don't run away . . . from your own destiny . . .” remains impressed in my memory. Shinichi picks his lines carefully, doesn't he? I'd also like to add “Following Holmes” (FILE 743-752). Since it was Conan's admired place, I put in some effort. I did some site research for it, too.

Thanks for answering.

Hello everybody.

I watched only the first 365 episode(I don't read the manga) and actually I cannot understand two things:

1-In the end of episode 345(2 hours special) when conan was kidnapped by Vermouth he was talking about finding out the BOSS informations just by recording the phone's sound,is that really feasible and how exactly?

2-In the end of episode 356(1 hour special) when conan and Kid were together on a bike, Kid said " are you going to shoot me with your Stun-Gun Wristwatch?" it seems that Kid already knows about conan's Wristwatch and I was just wondering if I missed an episode or something.

thanks and sorry if i made mistakes,english isn't my native language.

1. He try try to do two thing

-Recode conversation on Vermouth's side (what she said) and

- Track signal send from her cellphone and tell who she talking to (the boss).

2 I'm not sure when he find out but in ep219 Kid jump of the helicopter to avoid Conan's Stun-Gun once. Kid know about it long ago.

1. He try try to do two thing

-Recode conversation on Vermouth's side (what she said) and

- Track signal send from her cellphone and tell who she talking to (the boss).

2 I'm not sure when he find out but in ep219 Kid jump of the helicopter to avoid Conan's Stun-Gun once. Kid know about it long ago.

2-Kid didn't realize that Conan was aiming at him,he jump of the helicopter to save the fallen old woman,after that the old woman told him that the little boy was aiming at him using a wristwatch but she didn't mentionned that the wristwatch was a stun-gun(she didn't know).

Edited by sifadil

I have a few.

One (I know it was in a movie, but...), what do you think Conan said when the police found Irish's body?

And... Argh, I had some, but forgot... <_<

I have a few.

One (I know it was in a movie, but...), what do you think Conan said when the police found Irish's body?

And... Argh, I had some, but forgot... <_<

He probably told them the majority of the truth. He probably said this strange man disguised as Matsumoto and attacked everyone for no real apparent reason. Then he was accidentally killed when the strange helicopter randomly started shooting at the Tokyo Tower. The BO probably had hackers delete all of Irish's actual information (real name, age, finger prints, etc.) from the police's headquarters, ergo the police have no leads and the strange case is never to be solved.

do you think that if conan and kudo appwar on a crime scene and takagi need fingerprint of everyone that got there that he may get in trouble?? i mean kudo and conan are the same

i see. You're right.

I had a question. Wonder when is the time line in conan? Is it at the 20th century?

i see. You're right.

I had a question. Wonder when is the time line in conan? Is it at the 20th century?

Detective Conan was first published in 1994. In the DC universe, only several months have past, so we can assume that it's still 1994.

there is something else bothering me.

conan found out that "0858" are the first four number of the BOSS phone number(the area code of tottori prefecture) but why did he say "this 0858 might be the mail address of the boss that commands those guys" I have never heard of something like this,I can not see any relation between the phone number of someone and his mail address. after all there is no only digits mail address.

or maybe I'm just bad at english that I misunderstand it.

Edited by sifadil

Detective Conan was first published in 1994. In the DC universe, only several months have past, so we can assume that it's still 1994.

Im not certain we can still assume that; in the current manga and anime cell phones and picture messaging are seen throughout. But maybe the author chose to neglect that, otherwise Ran would be in her 30s.

Here's my question: In what chapter was it seen that Vermouth and Gin were in a sexual relationship? I never came across it.

Im not certain we can still assume that; in the current manga and anime cell phones and picture messaging are seen throughout. But maybe the author chose to neglect that, otherwise Ran would be in her 30s.

Here's my question: In what chapter was it seen that Vermouth and Gin were in a sexual relationship? I never came across it.

Vermouth has never been shown having sex with Gin directly, however in chapter 3 of volume 29, Vermouth invited Gin "Martini" (a cocktail which is a mixture of Gin & Vermouth), indicating that she wanted him to have sex with her. She asked him: "So, how about tonight ? Wanna make some martini ?"

Also, according to page 239 of Conan Drill (an official handbook of DC), Vermouth's relationship with Gin is referred to as 肉体関係 (sexual relation).

there is something else bothering me.

conan found out that "0858" are the first four number of the BOSS phone number(the area code of tottori prefecture) but why did he say "this 0858 might be the mail address of the boss that commands those guys" I have never heard of something like this,I can not see any relation between the phone number of someone and his mail address. after all there is no only digits mail address.

or maybe I'm just bad at english that I misunderstand it.

It's highly likely Gosho intended for that. (I'm ignoring the fact that you are confused about the mail / phone number thing)

2-In the end of episode 356(1 hour special) when conan and Kid were together on a bike, Kid said " are you going to shoot me with your Stun-Gun Wristwatch?" it seems that Kid already knows about Conan's Wristwatch and I was just wondering if I missed an episode or something.

thanks and sorry if i made mistakes,english isn't my native language.

I figured he noticed Conan using it on Sonoko in Magic Lovers Club Murder 132-134.