Detective Conan World
dw5chaosfan

Answer that riddle

Is is that you're only allowed to take one coin from one box to figure out the entire riddle, or can you first take one from one box and then return it to take one from another?

Basically the aim of the game is to find out which box contains what. You are allowed to choose a coin from ONE of the boxes as hint. After you do, you'll gave to guess which box is which. How will you do that with the highest possibility of getting it right???

Hmm... well, if they are all labeled incorrectly, the most logical choice would be to take a coin from the one labeled both, because whichever coin you draw from that one should be what fills the entire box- because if it's not both, it has to be one or the other.

I'm not sure how to tell which of the remaining two is which, though, with those limitations...

*ponders*

• Upvote 1

Hmm... well, if they are all labeled incorrectly, the most logical choice would be to take a coin from the one labeled both, because whichever coin you draw from that one should be what fills the entire box- because if it's not both, it has to be one or the other.

I'm not sure how to tell which of the remaining two is which, though, with those limitations...

*ponders*

You have already mentioned the MOST IMPORTANT FACT of the question already... -__-

--> All are labeleld wrongly.

But yea! You are right! You will draw the coin from that one which mentions BOTH. But how will you determine whether the rest are what??? :)

So what are the scenario that will arise??? (if you take a coin from the mixed box?)

You will get either a $1 coin or a 50cent coin...

Wait... depending on what you get, you can determine that the box must have only that certain coin

• Upvote 1

You will get either a $1 coin or a 50cent coin...

Wait... depending on what you get, you can determine that the box must have only that certain coin

Yup yup! Lets say if you get a $1 coin from the MIXED BOX (The remainding is $.50 and MIXED)

The boxes left would be $1 box and $.50 box. Remember what I said about all the boxes being labelled wrongly??? :)

Since the $.50 couldnt belong to the $.50 box, it MUST be in the $1 box. Therefore the last one will be MIXED.

It goes the same way if you get a $.50 coin from the MIXED BOX. :)

NEXT RIDDLE

Once upon a time, there was a KING who wanted to appoint an advisor.

In his country, there were three wisest men and so the King invited them to a test.

The king blind folded them and put a hat on each of them.

The kind told them. I have put either a black or white hat on each of you.

All I can tell you is that there is at least one black hat. There could be one black hat and two white hat, two black hats and one white hat, or there could be three black hats.

There will never be Three White hats.

The first person who tells me what the colour of his hat is will be hired for the job.

However, if anyone answers wrongly, they will be beheaded. If nobody answers after two hours, we will ask all of you to leave.

The king then took out their blindfolds and the first man saw two black hats. The rest of the men seemed to look confused as well. After what seemed to be forever, the first man stood up and said "The colour of my hat is ...! "

He was appointed as the next advisor.

How did he do it?

OK the other two have black hats... maybe the King was fond of Black hats and not of White hats

So he thinks it is Black

nope. they are competitors to get the position, why would they tell another person? Anyways, I think the King is not dumb enough not to spot that.

As I have said.. its a logical question. they do not have to resort to cheating. :blink:

and its perfectly fine to have thought of it using their own capabilities

Boo... Is the answer black? It's because if there were two black hats, the hat on your head could either be black or white, since the you can have either two black hats and one white, or three black hats. So obviously, they would be confused and may not guess the color of their hat.

Boo... Is the answer black? It's because if there were two black hats, the hat on your head could either be black or white, since the you can have either two black hats and one white, or three black hats. So obviously, they would be confused and may not guess the color of their hat.

Could you rephrase this? o.o

The guy guessed black. If everyone was given a black hat, it'd make sense for the others to be confused. When they see two black hats, the hat on their own head can be either black or white. So, most likely using their expressions on their faces, the guy must have deduced the saw the same thing as him, which was two black hats. So he guessed black and got it right. Am I right?

The guy guessed black. If everyone was given a black hat, it'd make sense for the others to be confused. When they see two black hats, the hat on their own head can be either black or white. So, most likely using their expressions on their faces, the guy must have deduced the saw the same thing as him, which was two black hats. So he guessed black and got it right. Am I right?

The guy is not a psychic o.o But you have a point in saying that it could be black because they were confused.

The point is, why would having two black hats be more confusing than one black and one white hat?

Because if the other two had one white and one black, he can tell for sure that his hat would be black