Detective Conan World
Kazu

Important: Shogakukan bans fanart

:o *speechless*

thats... thats..

that is not fair! if we make fan-art/fan-fic, it's not their property! WE made the fan-art, shouldn't it be OURS?!

i mean, we can do whatever we want to do with our work,,, can't we?

their manga is just an idea/character image--

our fan-art are our work/our ideas! (of what the characters are doing/background etc..)

we are just building on an idea!

i LOVE drawing fan-art.... :S

does this mean no more fan-art for me??! TT^TT

PS: do the authors/manga artists agree with this law anyway???

Legally though, it's their characters and their settings, even if you drew them. Copyright means the artists are granted the right to control works containing their characters/settings/story/whatever. It's NOT your own work unless you designed everything from scratch or used copyright-expired characters/settings/story (Sherlock Holmes in Britain for instance).

The thing about fanart and fanfiction is that it is generally considered free advertising and it is too hard to go after everyone who makes them, so artists just let it slide because it is good for them and their fans. As I explained in an earlier post, fanworks are somewhat murky legally, especially in the US where "fair use" laws exist.

Bottom line, keep making fanworks. No one will care unless you start selling on a mass scale.

Legally though, it's their characters and their settings, even if you drew them. Copyright means the artists are granted the right to control works containing their characters/settings/story/whatever. It's NOT your own work unless you designed everything from scratch or used copyright-expired characters/settings/story (Sherlock Holmes in Britain for instance).

The thing about fanart and fanfiction is that it is generally considered free advertising and it is too hard to go after everyone who makes them, so artists just let it slide because it is good for them and their fans. As I explained in an earlier post, fanworks are somewhat murky legally, especially in the US where "fair use" laws exist.

Bottom line, keep making fanworks. No one will care unless you start selling on a mass scale.

Ahh, okayy :)

thanks ^-^

guess i got a bit carried away there ^^"

hahaa, yep, i'll continue making fanwork~ :lol: