Detective Conan World
kaRAN

Black Organization's true plan

Black Organization's true plan  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the true goal of APTX 4869 project is?

• Immortality or longer lifespan
    • De-aging or rejuvenation (different than immortality)
    • Immortality / longer lifespan AND De-aging / rejuvenation
    • Reviving the dead
    • Untraceable, perfect poison
    • Controlling people
    • More than one of the above
    • Something not listed
    • Super powers
  2. 2. What do you think is the Organization's main goal in general?

• Immortality or longer lifespan
    • De-aging or rejuvenation (different than immortality)
    • Immortality / longer lifespan AND De-aging / rejuvenation
    • Preserving someone's mind eternally
    • Reviving the dead (including someone in particular)
    • Immortality and reviving the dead (Control over life and death)
    • Taking over the criminal underworld
    • Taking over a certain industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals)
    • Taking over Japan (or another country)
    • Taking over the world
    • Making the boss and his cronies a lot of money
    • More than one of the above
    • Something not listed
  3. 3. Do you think there are/were other BO biochemistry projects besides APTX 4869?

• Yes, currently there are other biochem projects
    • Yes, but only in the past, APTX 4869 is the only one now
    • No
    • No, but the APTX project was different at first

Mod note: Please also see companion thread: Purpose of that computer program by Itakura? for info about the computer programming agenda

Mod note: This post was copied from citan from the Edogawa proboards. See original post. Do NOT copy posts without giving credit to the original poster or you will be banned.

I've been thinking about it a bit lately I thought I would get some opinion.

So here's the question : What do you think the Black Organization's true plan is?

This is something that's been simmering in the back of my mind for a long time, but it seems to me, especially after all the hints Haibara has dropped, that the Black Organization is up to more than carrying out contract killings.

Even since Shinichi was first shrunk into Conan i've wondered of APTX4869 was really meant to be simply a new poison. I mean, the Organization would already have many poisons available to them, and i'm sure they have one more efficent than APTX4869 seems to be, especially with this 'side-effect' of shrinking people.

So what is the true point of APTX4869? Is it really a new poison? Or is it something much worse? We know it turned Shinichi and Haibara into children, but they were teens to begin with. What if the drug's side-effect isn't just that it shrinks you into a child. what if it's a consistant 10 year de-aging from your current age?

If this is true it would explain Vermouth not having aged since Jodie saw her as a little girl. Perhaps the Organization is attempting to create an immortality drug. Something that reverses aging. Vermouth's seemingly eternal youth might indicate that she was or possibly still is a test subject for their drugs.

Perhaps she was given a previous incarnation of APTX4869 and that's why she has remained the same age for years. This would also explain why she might harbor resentment for the Organization and why she might choose to secretly help Shinichi by feeding him information and withholding his identity form the other operatives. She wants to be set free, and only the destruction of the Organization can do this, but if she has become dependant on whatever drug they have her on then it would also explain why she hasn't defected like Haibara. She can't. She needs the Organization to continue supplying her with whatever chemical she's taking.

This is of course all my speculation and deduction based on what's been shown. It just doesn't seem likely to me that gosho would make Jodie point out to us that Vermouth hasn't aged a day since she was a kid if it didn't mean anything. It also seems like a co-incidence that the drug that was meant to 'kill' shinichi just HAPPENED to have a 'side-effect' that reverses the aging process.

I'm betting the de-aging was the main function of the drug but since it's still in development and could possibly kill whoever takes it they needed test subjects. We may find out in the end that the Organization has known about Shinichi's situation all along and has simply been observing him in order to collect data for their next attempt at their drug. Haibara even mentioned that Shinichi has been caught up in a plan that's been in motion for years, but has yet refused to say what that plan is. So it's obvious that something much larger IS going on. The question is : What is it?

Well, that's my theory. I can't wait to hear what you all think.

Something else interesting. (I agree by the way.) Ai said "It's not like I meant to make poison" when she first met Conan. I bet all they're after is immortality, any method, any way.

yup i agree, remember it is an organization after all,its a business with very dark motives, it has different departments and affiliates. Its true motive is probably an eternal youth drug or immortality that has gone on for years and the company's management probably passed down, that's why the boss is so careful, if someone finds out the company is ruined. It probably uses Gin and company to get rid of rivals, control other companies, and control politics in order to create a monopoly in its field of business. It could be international and trace its roots somewhere in the Western World but now focuses in Japan. A company like Suzuki corp.(Sonoko's parents company) I will leave that thought on your mind.

yup i agree, remember it is an organization after all,its a business with very dark motives, it has different departments and affiliates. Its true motive is probably an eternal youth drug or immortality that has gone on for years and the company's management probably passed down, that's why the boss is so careful, if someone finds out the company is ruined. It probably uses Gin and company to get rid of rivals, control other companies, and control politics in order to create a monopoly in its field of business. It could be international and trace its roots somewhere in the Western World but now focuses in Japan. A company like Suzuki corp.(Sonoko's parents company) I will leave that thought on your mind.

i think the same anyways

Hm... This is a good topic. Well, Vermouth once said to the game designer guy who got murdered, "We can be both God and Devil. For we are trying to raise the dead against the streams of time."

So, maybe they're trying to make some kind of immortality or someone passed away who was dear to the Boss and s/he wants to bring them back. Also, if they ARE the same Organization that Katiou Kid is after, then that would be one reason why they want Pandora.

Hm... This is a good topic. Well, Vermouth once said to the game designer guy who got murdered, "We can be both God and Devil. For we are trying to raise the dead against the streams of time."

So, maybe they're trying to make some kind of immortality or someone passed away who was dear to the Boss and s/he wants to bring them back. Also, if they ARE the same Organization that Katiou Kid is after, then that would be one reason why they want Pandora.

In my fanfic they're after immortality and

world domination which will involve death and etc.

] So, I think that's what they're after.

I just want to say this poll makes no sense. Maybe it would be better to rewrite it as a list of options like immortality, rejuvenation/de-aging (different than immortality), world domination, reviving dead people, protecting the world from alien invaders, something not listed...

I just want to say this poll makes no sense. Maybe it would be better to rewrite it as a list of options like immortality, rejuvenation/de-aging (different than immortality), world domination, reviving dead people, protecting the world from alien invaders...

I agree. I don't exactly understand what the question is, and I'm not too sure I want to vote on anything yet.

the poll means this that if u agree that the BO is planning something else which we are not aware of

YES OR NO

if not understood then i will change the poll

It's hard to answer that question because the Black Organization is very unpredictable. I'm not sure whether Haibara knows if there is a plan, but she probably does not. If she actually knew, she would have told Conan about it. But, the organization may not have told her about it. So, the chance of the organization having another plan is fairly high but the chance of the organization NOT having another plan is also quite high. So, before I vote on the poll, I have to think about it. I am interested about this possibility, karan, and I also want to find out the truth. :)

With how deceptive the Black Organization is, it's really hard to decipher their real goal.

Rejuvenation/not aging? It could be, mainly because of Vermouth. But, with the way Vermouth works, which is very secretive, maybe her "not aging" thingy may have been due to her own experiment of a certain experiment the BO used, or even by her own doing.

Maybe, if we can get what APTX4869 is really for, we can have a better picture of BO's main goals. Shinichi and Haibara's situation, based on what the story has revealed as of now, is only the side-effect of the drug. What could have been the main purpose of this drug? That's still a big question that Aoyama (I wish) may reveal. :grin:

the poll means this that if u agree that the BO is planning something else which we are not aware of

YES OR NO

if not understood then i will change the poll

To be fair, this isn't the clearest question because it is too open. What do you mean by "something else that we are not aware of"? We don't know their goal in the first place nor the full extent of their operations. We do know they have a biochemical agenda and a computer programming agenda which may or may not be for the same purpose. We also know they recruit doctors and programmers for their research operations as well as politicians, lawyers, business people, and people in other high level positions perhaps for evading justice and/or collecting funds.

Are you polling to see if people think they have a third research arm that is something other than biochemistry and computer programing? Or are you asking something like do you think they are going to infiltrate the police? Is there another project like APTX 4869 that we haven't heard about? Are they planning to kill someone?

In any case, I used my magical mod powers to add two extra questions, one about APTX and the other about the BO in general, but didn't change your question in case you wanted to change it yourself.

I think the BO like any other criminal organisation just wants money and power xD.

Where they're spending that money though (APTX research) is a secret only people like Vermouth and Sherry knows. I think APTX is a project of the boss. But not of the organisation.

I read in an anime magazine that Shiho went back to Japan to continue her parent's unfinished project about "corporal reanimation". What's that supposed to mean? efb50fe2.gif

I read in an anime magazine that Shiho went back to Japan to continue her parent's unfinished project about "corporal reanimation". What's that supposed to mean?

It sounds like someone's speculation rather than fact, and I presume they meant corporeal reanimation, bringing dead people back to life.

I think the BO like any other criminal organisation just wants money and power xD.

Where they're spending that money though (APTX research) is a secret only people like Vermouth and Sherry knows. I think APTX is a project of the boss. But not of the organisation.

That may be the thought of most of their members, but the main goal is probably your second reason. But, if Ai knows, then why the heck won't she tell Conan?

I like this thread! I live for threads like this!

I also wonder about the purpose of that computer program? Can we get a poll on that, too?

There's a three question limit. Maybe you should start another thread and link the two threads? I like the idea.