116 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Sera Masumi?

• Akai's sister (high school girl)
    • Akai's sister (also FBI)
    • Akai's sister (Black Org agent)
    • Akai's sister (someone else)
    • Bourbon
    • Black Org Agent (new)
    • Black Org Agent (known one in disguise)
    • Sister of Black Organization member
    • FBI
    • CIA
    • Other agency (Interpol, PSIA, MI6...)
    • New Organization
    • Miyano Akemi in disguise
    • Akai Shuuichi in disguise
    • Scar Akai in disguise
    • Other known character in disguise
    • Relative of other known character not mentioned above
    • non-BO freelance assassin
    • High school girl only
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Sera after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death
    • Find Sherry
    • Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Spy on Conan
    • Spy on Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Something else
    • Investigate the Black Org
    • Infiltrate the Black Org
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Kill someone else
    • Do something related to her family history in Japan
    • Find scar Akai (vs. Akai generally)

Even if he likes to do things on his own agenda, he still has the potential to be pure antagonist, i.e. no secret sympathies like Vermouth to grey the character.

I hope so, otherwise it would be less interesting. Bourbon doesn't seem to have a reason to be sympathetic/grateful like Vermouth (unless your Akemi theory is correct). But it's likely that he does have some kind of disrespectful/disloyal attitude against the Org (especially Gin). I personally think that Gosho created Bourbon just to deal with Akai (if alive), while Gin is Conan's main enemy. It would be exciting if Bourbon turns out to be an executive member like Gin...

Oops... I forgot that this is the Sera thread :lol:

Huh. I was honestly joking when I suggested that Diana Kingston might be Sera's mother, but now you're starting to make me believe in that theory, too. It does explain a lot, doesn't it? Char and Sayla were adopted after their parents died, too - I wonder how James figures into all this? LOL James isn't somehow related to Mrs. Kingston, is he?

I should move to that thread, too, ha ha - though who knew that James recognizing Sera as a girl would lead to all this speculation? I've always wondered why Gosho bothered making James be born in London, and now, after - what - a decade, I finally have a clue!

Seriously, Gosho, don't ever do fillers anymore, I'm begging you! I've waited TOO LONG!

OMG that's soo true!! Diana also has big breasts, right? :o

I'm starting to believe it too....So Ran actually HAS met Sera's mom...or maybe Sera's adopted?

It'd be so cool if we were right....xD

Well, I'm still working on the theory right now, but I think that Masumi Sera is actually related to the Miyano sisters in some way (my guess is that she is Akemi's sister and Shiho's half-sister).

I know Ai has always said her sister Akemi was her only living relative, but the tape may have changed everything. I don't think that Shiho is really Elena Miyano's daughter.

I'd considered Sera being Akemi's sister on one side and Haibara's on the other, because being a full sister of Akemi implies that Akemi went out with her brother and I don't think Aoyama would do that. I can't find much evidence for it though...

I have been following Sera for a while now, and I also read Aoyama-sensei's interview.

In that he did say that Sera was an important character's sister, but, he also said that the finale of the Bourbon arc will be a Showdown between Sera and Haibara, that is, the meeting of two 'wolves.'Now, if I remember correctly, then Akai had once told conan that the Black Organization members are a pack of 'wolves.' So, was Aoyama-sensei hinting that Sera is a BO member?!

Here's the link of the interview:

http://detectiveconanfanclub.com/others/aoyama-gosho-interviews/2011

The highlighted sentence is in the answer to the question "In an interview with our magazine back in 2008, you mentioned that the next climax will be the Bourbon arc."

Well, in the website in which I read the interview, the stats are slightly different :(

Please read the interview in the link I have posted. In that, Aoyama- sensei claims that Sera might be an inportant character's sister. He also says that the Haibara- Sera showdown will be a part of the Bourbon Arc Climax. So, if you go by the interview, it seeems like Sera IS A BO MEMBER. Plus, if she is just a high school girl who is searching for her brother (I believe it is Akai) then, she'll just turn out to be Eisuke's clone :( (Though she is a girl :P)

All I can say is that please read the link I have given and if the facts are wrong then please let me know :)

Well, in the website in which I read the interview, the stats are slightly different :(

Please read the interview in the link I have posted. In that, Aoyama- sensei claims that Sera might be an inportant character's sister. He also says that the Haibara- Sera showdown will be a part of the Bourbon Arc Climax. So, if you go by the interview, it seeems like Sera IS A BO MEMBER. Plus, if she is just a high school girl who is searching for her brother (I believe it is Akai) then, she'll just turn out to be Eisuke's clone :( (Though she is a girl :P)

All I can say is that please read the link I have given and if the facts are wrong then please let me know :)

What link?

@Charala97: I know, I've read that link (though now it seems to be dead). I translated that interview, too. You're free to make your own theories based on facts (the 'wolf' thing makes me think of BO, too), I'm just correcting a few facts you've mentioned. :)

Sera might be an inportant character's sister.

Yep, that's right, might is the keyword here. :) This is the original interview answer:

Q:読者人気の高いキャラは?

Which character is popular among the readers?

A:今は最近登場した世良真純。どうやらぶっちぎりらしいです。名前もまあ、わかる人にはわかっちゃうんだけどね。こんなに「ガンダム」でいいのかなって(笑)。ある大物キャラの妹のかも・・・(笑)。アニメの声優さんも今から楽しみです。

Sera Masumi, the new character. It seems that she's winning by an landslide. The name seems to be understood by people who understands. Is it good to have so much Gundam? (laughs) Maybe she's the sister of a major character . . . (laughs). I'm excited to see who the voice actor will be.

As you can see, Gosho seems to know that some of his fans figured out the Gundam references in the Bourbon arc, and the sister comment is in response to that.

As for the Sera v. Haibara comment, this is the original interview answer:

Q:’08年の本誌インタビューで、次の山場はバーボンと仰っていましたね。

In the '08 interview with this magazine, you said that the next arc will be about Bourbon.

A:バーボン編はまだ続きますよ。それとは別の山場に世良と灰原の対決を考えてあります。これは見事ですよ。どちらも”オオカミ”ですからね(笑)。

The Bourbon arc is still continuing. Aside from that arc, I've thought about a confrontation between Sera and Haibara. This will be spectacular. Both of them are “wolves,” after all (laughs).

As you can see, Gosho specifically mentioned that Sera v. Haibara plot will happen aside from the Bourbon arc. This translation comes from this Japanese line, "それとは別の山場に". それとは別の = Beside/Aside from, 山場に = climax/arc. Sera v. Haibara is unrelated to the Bourbon arc.

Speculation/theories are fine, just be sure to build them based on the facts, yes? ^^

@justwantanaccount: Sure! That's just my theory :P

And personally, I wish Sera does turn out to be a part of the BO. She shouldn't be a loyal member though.... I mean, that will be an amazing twist according to me :) And thanks for the translation! I guess I mistook some of the info :) But, I just can't agree to the fact that Sera is just a High school student searching for her brother... she will turn out to be another Eisuke then and Aoyama-sensei wouldn't make such a mistake :(

At least, I wish he isn't....

@justwantanaccount: Sure! That's just my theory :P

And personally, I wish Sera does turn out to be a part of the BO. She shouldn't be a loyal member though.... I mean, that will be an amazing twist according to me :) And thanks for the translation! I guess I mistook some of the info :) But, I just can't agree to the fact that Sera is just a High school student searching for her brother... she will turn out to be another Eisuke then and Aoyama-sensei wouldn't make such a mistake :(

At least, I wish he isn't....

Since Sera will meet Ai aside from the Bourbon arc, I think that her role in the series would be much more significant.

Guess we need to wait for the next DC manga update to speculate more about Sera. As of now, the theory that she may be a part of the BO can't be ruled out! Though it looks like she is not a loyal member.

@sherlock Lupin- The link I posted in my first comment

Can't wait til the next manga chapter comes out! (which is said to be on August 31 according to the wiki). Maybe we'll have new info about Sera, but for some reason, I don't think shes part of the BO...

Assume that Sera is not Bourbon or anyone from the Org., then what the heck is Bourbon doing now ? I surely hope that his role in this arc isn't just to spy on the FBI and investigate Akai's death.

Assume that Sera is not Bourbon or anyone from the Org., then what the heck is Bourbon doing now ? I surely hope that his role in this arc isn't just to spy on the FBI and investigate Akai's death.

No, I don't think Bourbon's role would be restricted to only that! In the Red, White and Yellow case, Kir told Jodie that Bourbon was sent by the Black Organisation to investigate on Sherry. So, that's his main aim.

He is just trying to find out if Akai is really dead or no, because, he had a bitter rivalry with him. And, eventually, he might come across Conan and find out that Akai and Conan were in good terms before his 'death.' In the process of investigating Conan, he might meet Haibara and that's where the whole drama will start to end! This part is just my speculation, so I might be wrong.

No, I don't think Bourbon's role would be restricted to only that! In the Red, White and Yellow case, Kir told Jodie that Bourbon was sent by the Black Organisation to investigate on Sherry. So, that's his main aim.

He is just trying to find out if Akai is really dead or no, because, he had a bitter rivalry with him. And, eventually, he might come across Conan and find out that Akai and Conan were in good terms before his 'death.' In the process of investigating Conan, he might meet Haibara and that's where the whole drama will start to end! This part is just my speculation, so I might be wrong.

I don't think that "Sherry hunting" was really Bourbon's mission. The Boss has never officially ordered anyone to hunt down Sherry, so the fact that he/she only decides to do it now makes this whole thing suspicious.

Bourbon didn't believe in Akai's death from the beginning, and not to mention that The Boss and many members from the Org. do not trust Kir. Therefore, in case Kir was really a spy and can inform the FBI any second, The Boss might have spread that rumor in order to mislead her. Since Kir is unaware of Bourbon's real plan, she wouldn't contact Akai and tell him to prepare for Bourbon's hunt.

I don't think that "Sherry hunting" was really Bourbon's mission. The Boss has never officially ordered anyone to hunt down Sherry, so the fact that he/she only decides to do it now makes this whole thing suspicious.

Bourbon didn't believe in Akai's death from the beginning, and not to mention that The Boss and many members from the Org. do not trust Kir. Therefore, in case Kir was really a spy and can inform the FBI any second, The Boss might have spread that rumor in order to mislead her. Since Kir is unaware of Bourbon's real plan, she wouldn't contact Akai and tell him to prepare for Bourbon's hunt.

Wow! I never thought of this scenario in this angle! Your theory is really convincing :) But, I don't think Gosho will restrict Bourbon's involvement to only that. Akai might be his main aim right now, but, surely, Sherry will also join his list when he finds out more about Akai and Akemi's relationship. Sherry is thought of as a traitor, so, he might deduce that Sherry is helping Akai in being undercover or something. But, I'll guarantee this, Sherry will also hit his radar sooner or later.

Wow! I never thought of this scenario in this angle! Your theory is really convincing :) But, I don't think Gosho will restrict Bourbon's involvement to only that. Akai might be his main aim right now, but, surely, Sherry will also join his list when he finds out more about Akai and Akemi's relationship. Sherry is thought of as a traitor, so, he might deduce that Sherry is helping Akai in being undercover or something. But, I'll guarantee this, Sherry will also hit his radar sooner or later.

Sherry hunting will probably be after this arc, which may also involve Sera :rolleyes:

I have the feeling Sera's going to get put on a boat back to America or else become as rare as the FBI after the Bourbon arc is over. Gosho can't have a detective as good as she is competing with Conan regularly and "the rival" is already filled by Hattori.

I agree, and I also hope that Eisuke comes back. I miss him!

conanshinichi would disagree. :V

If Sera's going to be another a not-so-very-helpful-and-only-shows-up-in-one-arc-then-disappear-forever character like Eisuke, I will throw bricks at Gosho.