116 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Sera Masumi?

• Akai's sister (high school girl)
    • Akai's sister (also FBI)
    • Akai's sister (Black Org agent)
    • Akai's sister (someone else)
    • Bourbon
    • Black Org Agent (new)
    • Black Org Agent (known one in disguise)
    • Sister of Black Organization member
    • FBI
    • CIA
    • Other agency (Interpol, PSIA, MI6...)
    • New Organization
    • Miyano Akemi in disguise
    • Akai Shuuichi in disguise
    • Scar Akai in disguise
    • Other known character in disguise
    • Relative of other known character not mentioned above
    • non-BO freelance assassin
    • High school girl only
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Sera after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death
    • Find Sherry
    • Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Spy on Conan
    • Spy on Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Something else
    • Investigate the Black Org
    • Infiltrate the Black Org
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Kill someone else
    • Do something related to her family history in Japan
    • Find scar Akai (vs. Akai generally)

Ha ha, she's just Akai's sis and next, she'll... find some boyfriends??? xD

Kaitou Kiddo:You didn't have pity, my bad boy. Those were all slendid tricks. If you said you loved me just for amusement. You're playing with fire...!!!. It's always this wayYou're all take. You devil devil you you. From whoWas that call from? With that ring you hid your plans........ I AM NOT AN IDIOT!!! You better run, run, run, run. I'm not finished with u yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3dsZy03wUE

I did some thinking about why Okiya (assuming he is Akai) would suddenly step up his protection of Ai after Sera appeared assuming Sera is his sister and also not a bad guy or part of the Black Org.

Here are events from Okiya’s perspective:

We know he's been tapping the Agasa house, at least since recently. Discussions about Sera that took place in Agasa’s house in the same vicinity as the overheard conversation include.

771 pg 10: Conan talks about how Sera seemed to know about him ahead of time. Haibara said “Then, that detective named Sera knew both your name and that you were a detective?” Conan confirms this but points out Sera seemed to throw the case on purpose for some reason. Haibara then began yelling that it was bad to use Kudo’s voice in front of someone suspicious like Sera. Conan then says Sera feels familiar and doesn’t feel like an enemy.

772 pg 4: Conan mentioned that Sera was involved with the current case and is over at the Mouri detective agency.

Sera may be using an alias because her family name isn’t Akai. Okiya may not recognize it via listening device. (Though it could be possible Akai is using the alias or "Sera" has become the Akai family witness protection name) I also assume Akai would recognize Sera in person -- that is she isn’t using a disguise or drastically changed her appearance.

Later, Okiya saw Sera outside of Agasa’s house talking with Mitsuhiko and Genta while looking up at it. I assume Okiya had been watching her. I also assume Okiya can’t hear what they are talking about.

So why the extra protection?

Five possibilities occurred to me:

#1. Okiya can't be sure Conan and Haibara's Sera person that he overheard the discussion about via listening devices was in fact the person talking to Mitsuhiko and Genta. If Sera has been using an alias, this makes sense.

#2. Okiya couldn't be absolutely sure if that person was his sister and not someone in disguise,

#3. and even if that person was his sister, he couldn't be sure that she wasn't being watched or,

#4. unaware of the danger of the Org, he is worried she might accidentally do something that would endanger Haibara and Conan's covers.

#5. He thinks his sister may attempt a direct confrontation with either Haibara or Conan. He’s trying to head it off.

#1: Okiya would want to step in because this means there could be someone threatening Conan's identity.

#2: Okiya has already seen someone disguising as Akai wandering around town, so keeping that in mind, perhaps if someone in the Black Org has done some digging and found out about Akai's family, that person could be using their appearance to try to lure him out and gather information. I am specifically thinking Okiya suspects Vermouth, who knows about Conan and Haibara and might think they helped Akai fake his death and is trying to dig for info. I assume Okiya can't hear the conversation through the window, so he doesn't know what Sera is up to, only that she appeared in front of the Kudo residence all of a sudden and is talking to the DBs.

#3 & #4: Sera probably came over on her own accord, and not knowing the danger, may not have taken proper precautions against making sure the BO don't find out who she is. Okiya is worried that something may have already happened.

#5: This would imply Sera is very certain of her deduction or else her methods aren’t very subtle. I’m not sure if she thinks this strategy would work although she did want to meet Conan at the beginning of the Mouri agency hostage case. Also if he thinks Sera is going to do such a thing, he must also realize that the way he is following the DB isn’t exactly subtle and may put him on her radar.

I still feel somewhat unsatisfied with this. I think more info on Sera or what Okiya knows is needed.

• Upvote 6

but i dont know why he would think that sera is vermouth cause she is shorter then vermouth. How could she disguise her hight that well

Sera is shorter than Vermouth, but Okiya was looking at Sera from a distance and from an awkward angle with the kids as reference. Could he be confident he judged her height correctly?

In the newest file, Sera says to Ran that she's skinny but so is her mother and her mother is well 'endowed' in the chest area. She asks Ran to confirm this, and Ran sweat-drops and says "Er, yeah..." But she's thinking 'I haven't met your mother...'

So maybe the person Sera is related to is someone who Ran has met but doesn't realize.

Based on 778, Camel thinking Sera looks familiar feeds into the "Sera is related to Akai" theory, but Camel doesn't outright recognize her suggesting she isn't FBI. Sera's little smug grin shows she is interested in Camel being FBI and that Conan knows him.

Edit: One more thing for the Sera is Akai's sister list, she wears headwear whenever possible like Akai.

Y'know, I once had a dream in which Akai wore his hat 'cause he dyed his har to make it match other Japanese people and he wore it in case the roots were showing. I think I dreamt Akai with naturally blond hair, Okiya colour hair...

Errr... take that as my crack theory or something on why Akai likes headwear...

someone brought this to my attention, if Sera has been getting data on everyone, could it also be that in her search for her brother she dressed up as him (scar akai) :mellow: Its got me thinking...

someone brought this to my attention, if Sera has been getting data on everyone, could it also be that in her search for her brother she dressed up as him (scar akai) :mellow: Its got me thinking...

The only problem with this "Scar Akai is Sera" idea is that though she's dressed up as Akai, what good would that do? It's not like she'd get anything done that way.

Also, why have the scar?

The scar is completely pointless even if dressing up as Akai actually accomplishes anything.

The only problem with this "Scar Akai is Sera" idea is that though she's dressed up as Akai, what good would that do? It's not like she'd get anything done that way.

Also, why have the scar?

The scar is completely pointless even if dressing up as Akai actually accomplishes anything.

Just to find out the FBI's reaction, she would find out if her brother is alive or not, if she didn't have the scar it would be less believable, and if thats the case why would anyone dress as scar akai. btw congrats on 1000 posts :grin:(noticed) Anyway its not my theory i'm trying to see if its plausible, i honestly never thought about this possibility :shock:

edit: no just looked back at evidence and i think this theory won't stand, Gin would have killed her and Kir

well till now sera has been introduced to each and every person kudou has contacts and now she has too much knowledge and brain to deduce or prove that conan is shinichi and thats her target

but the way she deduce the case are the way fbi agrents do

so my vote goes for fbi

But the way Sera was like, 'FBI huh?' and the fact Camel didn't recognise her, combined with her age make it quite unlikely she's FBI at this point.

On the Scar Akai = Sera subject I reckon that the height's too far off for it to fool Camel, plus it doesn't explain why Gin refused to shoot Scar Akai...

But the way Sera was like, 'FBI huh?' and the fact Camel didn't recognise her, combined with her age make it quite unlikely she's FBI at this point.

On the Scar Akai = Sera subject I reckon that the height's too far off for it to fool Camel, plus it doesn't explain why Gin refused to shoot Scar Akai...

On the scar Akai is Sera thing, it could be she upped her height for the scar Akai disguise by wearing tall shoes of something like that, but I don't think Sera and scar Akai are the same person anyway, precisely because she didn't recognize Camel was FBI and Scar Akai already hit Jodie and then went to see Camel afterwards which is a pretty good indication that he knows who the FBI are. That and Gin didn't shoot him like Stopwatch and Detective Kudo said.

other thin besides that, if in ep 564 after scar akai shot the robber his upper face was darken, so that means a disguise. But his eyes were green, and i think seras are blue.

The eye color thing is an anime deal, so it doesn't really count as evidence I'm afraid. Gosho hasn't made it clear what color Akai and Sera's eyes are really. (Akai's eyes actually look a little blue in the color cover page from Black Snow White Shadow)

From what we've seen so far, I think we could say that she acts like Bourbon, which is too direct to say she is.

Sera seems like she spies on Bourbon's most likely targets for some reason, like Jodie did before her during Vermouth's case. That could also explain why she seems somewhat satisfied when she saw that someone lives in Kudo's house. Someone who acts the same way she does could be Bourbon... except that Subaru may have his own good reason which may be totally different.

But the strangest thing is how she talks to Ran like she knows her mother (and Aoyama insists a lot on it, that's an important clue) and the fact that even Conan/Shinichi finds her familiar. But, apart from Kazumi Tsukamoto, Ran's senpai in the karate club (who looks a lot like Sera but who is far too young to be her mother), I don't see any other character who looks like Sera.

other thin besides that, if in ep 564 after scar akai shot the robber his upper face was darken, so that means a disguise. But his eyes were green, and i think seras are blue.

I completely agree with CM. Besides, if it wasn't an anime deal, this thing is already invented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sera might look familiar to Camel because she might have helped in a case or two when she was younger. Think about this: If the FBI follows the instructions given by a 6 year old boy called Conan, why won't they follow those of a 13(just a random age that she might've helped the FBI)year old female detective who is the sister of their silver bullet?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Glass Heart : ccccccccl.th.jpg

I want that someone will ask from Sera this question: "Do you have a brother?" I don't care who will ask it but I wanna know what Sera will answer! And then we can be more sure who she is and why she is in Japan...

I want that someone will ask from Sera this question: "Do you have a brother?" I don't care who will ask it but I wanna know what Sera will answer! And then we can be more sure who she is and why she is in Japan...

maybe in some chapter some one will, but im curios what will the answer be

Also, I heard that lefty-ness is partially genetic.

If Sera turns out to be a lefty (which is unknown at this stage of the game), then that'll be even more evidence that Sera is most likely Akai's sister.

i think sera is right handed

she was thinking and holding her right hand under her chin

she held and gave the phone in ch.771 with the right hand

she held over her right arm her bag

she used her right hand when she deleted ais video