116 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Sera Masumi?

• Akai's sister (high school girl)
    • Akai's sister (also FBI)
    • Akai's sister (Black Org agent)
    • Akai's sister (someone else)
    • Bourbon
    • Black Org Agent (new)
    • Black Org Agent (known one in disguise)
    • Sister of Black Organization member
    • FBI
    • CIA
    • Other agency (Interpol, PSIA, MI6...)
    • New Organization
    • Miyano Akemi in disguise
    • Akai Shuuichi in disguise
    • Scar Akai in disguise
    • Other known character in disguise
    • Relative of other known character not mentioned above
    • non-BO freelance assassin
    • High school girl only
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Sera after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death
    • Find Sherry
    • Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Spy on Conan
    • Spy on Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Something else
    • Investigate the Black Org
    • Infiltrate the Black Org
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Kill someone else
    • Do something related to her family history in Japan
    • Find scar Akai (vs. Akai generally)

Mod note: merged dup thread.

Hello Melody, welcome to DCW! You did get facts right, but we have a thread of that. :)

Chev has answers and those are deductions & theory, so you're not only one thought of possibilities.

Chev's link:

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/1122-seras-indentity-speculation-thread/page__p__28968#entry28968

Mod note: merged dup thread.

James know her. It's impossible for the Boss of FBI not to know his subordinate's Family. Or in Akai's Case, remaining Family.

I agree with you on this part

]She hates Ai. During the Ayumi Kidnapping Case, she said "Deletion For Data At least."

That action doesn't mean she hate Ai. She criticite them for carelessly slip Ai's picture on the Internet. "Deletion For Data At least, is easy"

She knows Ai is Shiho (a.ka. her Brother's lover little sister) And Conan being Shinichi, Remember the Haunted Mansion Case? She shouted "Is this all right, Kudo-kun?" And she said she was "careless" while looking carefully at Conan.

First, how can that mean Sera know Shiho. Second, she shout into the phone (because Kudo is "on the line") not talking to Conan. But yes, she at lest suspect Conan connection with Shinichi an probably know or suspect Shinichi is Conan.

And when she ran after Scar Akai, She said that she just saw "someone she know" and not her "Brother".

1 Mystery story can't be that obvious.

2 She need not tell Ran and Sonoko that she say her brother. She may be aware that this is a matter of life and death (Since it it FBI business) and kept it secret.

i feel like this may be a stretch, but I'm starting to think that Sera is somehow related to shinichi...

like wiseguy said before, she hints that Ran knows her mother somehow, and in the latest chapter 814 the end makes me think she had some connection with yusaku...the whole tearing up while looking at conan (or ran) and saying she's a "bad kid"

I was just thinking of Sera's 'bad guy' statement. I think she might have angered Akai in the past (Assuming that Akai is her brother and that Okiya is Akai in disguise) and is feeling guilty for her mistake....... At that time, Ran was putting a bandage over Conan's arm like an elder sibling would. And if I remember correctly, when she saw Okiya, she was taken aback and her face was quite apologetic, it wasn't curiosity but instead it was kind of doting, while Okiya was quite cold, he didn't even acknowledge her much. I seriously think that something happened in the past between both of them that led him to be angry with her and for which she is apologetic.

But I don't understand one thing, how does Amuro know of Sera?

And due to the current chapter, Sera says 'Shuu-nii' and from what I learned, -nii would be a way to say brother or sister. But, -nee should be sister, so -nii would be brother. And so, I suspect Sera is Akai's sister.

And due to the current chapter, Sera says 'Shuu-nii' and from what I learned, -nii would be a way to say brother or sister. But, -nee should be sister, so -nii would be brother. And so, I suspect Sera is Akai's sister.

This isn't suspicion. It's flat out confirmation that they are siblings.

The only problem is that Sera might be approaching the wrong person. Scar Akai seems to be Vermouth this time around, which is convenient because she can speak in Akai's voice unlike Bourbon.

In the latest chapter, Sera says to Scar Akai " Shuu nii.... but I thought you're dead" I thought that the reason why Sera came to Japan is because she did not believe that Akai was dead and wanted to investigate on how he died..... but, if she seriously thought Akai's dead, then why did she come to Japan??

And about Vermouth telling "That's what I wanted to hear" what does that mean?

In the latest chapter, Sera says to Scar Akai " Shuu nii.... but I thought you're dead" I thought that the reason why Sera came to Japan is because she did not believe that Akai was dead and wanted to investigate on how he died..... but, if she seriously thought Akai's dead, then why did she come to Japan??

And about Vermouth telling "That's what I wanted to hear" what does that mean?

Well, if you met a close friend/family member who you heard had allegedly died, wouldn't you react in a similar way?

Vermouth's response implies that she expected this kind of response from a family member of Akai's upon seeing him alive.

However, I do wonder what will subsequently become of Sera - will she be captured/killed, will she be rescued, or will she escape?

• Upvote 1

@TML:I read the spoiler so I know what will happen to Sera and I think you have read it too :)

But, if she thought that her brother was alive, don't you think she would have responded like "I knew you were alive.... you can't die" or something like that... But, in this case, it seemed certain that she did not think that he would be alive. Same goes to the case when she saw Scar Akai outside the Mouri detective agency, she couldn't believe that she saw him. So doesn't it imply that her objective for coming to Japan was something else?Maybe this was an objective, but not the main one.

As for me, I think that Sera is actually Akai's younger sister, or to be clearer, Sera looks up to Akai as an older brother or he is an older brother figure to her. It can be that she and Akai may be blood-related or not. But I have HUGE questions popping in my head right now.

In the end of Chapter 822, when Skar Akai said that "You haven't changed at all" or something like that, was he already Vermouth?

If Yes, then HOW did Vermouth know about Sera?

If No, then how did Skar Akai know about Sera, considering that maybe he is NOT the real Akai. But regarding the answer to this question, we may have a vital clue in figuring out Skar Akai's identity.

Wait a minute......

Was Skar Akai Vermouth this whole time? In the entire parts where Skar Akai had been?

Okay...back to Sera. MAYBE she is Bourbon, and she joined the Organization in order to find out more about Akai, or investigate his death, and maybe she knew that Akai had some sort of connection to the B.O., and tried to get into the B.O. in order to find out more about Akai and or his death.

That's all I've got. Let's just wait for EVERYTHING to unfold!

This is so exciting! I can't wait to find out the answers to these questions!

Was Scar Akai Vermouth this whole time? In the entire parts where Skar Akai had been?

No, she wasn't. Chances are highly likely she was only Scar Akai this time. We know she wasn't Scar Akai in the Beika dept store case. Anyway it was confirmed in 822 that Sera Masumi is Akai's sister.

No, she wasn't. Chances are highly likely she was only Scar Akai this time. We know she wasn't Scar Akai in the Beika dept store case. Anyway it was confirmed in 822 that Sera Masumi is Akai's sister.

Well, how did Vermouth know about Sera? Did she research on her?

Well, how did Vermouth know about Sera? Did she research on her?

Vermouth (and the BO in general) are very resourceful, since Akai is considered to be a threat, it makes sense to do research on him and his family, or people close to him in general. It wouldn't surprise me that Vermouth would be able to find this information. Scar Akai targeted Sera before, so he must have known that Sera was related to Akai in some way or another.

Vermouth (and the BO in general) are very resourceful, since Akai is considered to be a threat, it makes sense to do research on him and his family, or people close to him in general. It wouldn't surprise me that Vermouth would be able to find this information. Scar Akai targeted Sera before, so he must have known that Sera was related to Akai in some way or another.

Oh. Okay. But I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone talk about Sera before.

Well, I just can't understand why Sera had been an "obstacle" to them.

I mean...does Sera know about the Organization?

And what's in the suitcase Skar Akai/Vermouth threw out?

Hey guys, I'm new here (: I've got a question about Sera and I hope that I'm in the right thread since I have no question concerning her identity (she is Akai's sister and not Bourbon, after all ^^).

Why did Sera react shocked after she saw the video with Shiho in it? Is it because they met in the past and she recognized her? Or is it maybe because she noticed how much Shiho resembles Haibara? Do you maybe have any ideas?

Thank you (:

I believe Sera recognize Shiho. Due to the fact that Sera know a lot about Conan, maybe she know Conan=Shinichi and Haibara=Shiho. But the weird thing is Haibara don't recognize her at all

It's not weird at all.If Sera saw a photo of Shiho and one of Haibara from Shuichi's stuff,she can easily make the connection.Shuichi investigated on Ai in the past(Vermouth arc).And I doubt Shiho ever met Sera,which explain why she doesn't recognize her.

Provide that only Akai has access to Shiho's picture among the FBIs. Because Jodie seem cannot connect Haibara with Shiho. Akai obviously recognize Shiho because they met. But I don't know if he has her picture (Which FBIs don't)

Provide that only Akai has access to Shiho's picture among the FBIs. Because Jodie seem cannot connect Haibara with Shiho. Akai obviously recognize Shiho because they met. But I don't know if he has her picture (Which FBIs don't)

Jodie saw the picture of Sherry when she investigated on Vermouth.Akai may have kept a picture of Shiho and Akemi,in his personal stuff.If Sera made the connection between Shinichi and Conan she could do the same with Ai and Shiho.

My Bad! Jodie see Shiho's picture but does't make connection.

Jodie is not a detective like Sera.Jodie's aim was just to investigate on Vermouth and protect Sherry.

Thanks for your answers

I wonder what Haibara exactly thought in file 819 when Sera talked to her. She felt probably uncomfortable because of Vermouth who was peeking into the room at that time. It could be that Haibara was confused and she thought that Sera is a BO member. But I'm more thinking that she remembered or noticed something about Sera.

If Sera had an other first name than Masumi, maybe it would be something that you will connect with 'Artesia' as in 'Artesia Som Deikun', which was Sayla Mass' real name, or 'You' as in You Inoue, who was Sayla's voice actor.

What will you think?

And about Sera's 'Bad kid'-comment. I think that she as child got hurt and Akai said something like 'You are such a bad kid', and when she saw Ran took care of Conan after he got hurt, maybe Sera may had remember that time.