Detective Conan World
kaRAN

Will Kazuha get to know Conan’s secret identity?

This post was plagiarized from Jolly from Edogawa proboards

http://edogawa.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=536

Well, this is an idea I’ve been mulling around in my head for a very long time now. -.- (Please don’t beat me…)

In my opinion it’s entirely possible that Kazuha will find out that Conan is Shinichi some day. There are always little clues around her that I just happened to notice. (She’s not my favourite character, but I just couldn’t help…)

I’ll try to describe some of the clues to you.

1) Okay, the first one is rather obvious: She’s always around Heiji! So she always hears him saying “Kudo will come” and then Conan comes. Also, she can’t be so stupid as to miss his many “Kud… ah, Conan-kun” mistakes.

She also knows about his many phone calls (to Conan). Up to vol.29, of course, she doesn’t notice what’s up, because there she suspects Heiji of having a girlfriend. But should she ever be convinced that he doesn’t, she might wonder who it is that he always calls. So she could find out some day that the two of them are really close friends – and then again she will wonder when they even MET each other.

2) The next one is in vol.31: There Heiji calls “Kudo”, telling him to come to his competition and even says things like “Oh, you’re so small now, it’s so easy to underestimate you!” (or something like that, I only know the German version of that). And at the end the call is interrupted rather rudely by Kazuha.

How long has she been listening? She could well have been there before, overhearing Heiji’s “you’re so small now” comment! To me, it seems to be a very strange coincidence that she just happens to be there exactly at the end of the conversation.

And when the others come and not Shinichi, but Conan is among them, she doesn’t seem to wonder at all. (Okay, one might say now that she’s distracted, because she can’t find Heiji. But still!)

3) In vol.36/37 the clues even get more obvious: She notices Conan playing this stupid “swimsuit guessing game” with Heiji and later discussing the case with him – and she asks Ran if she’s sure that Conan is just an ordinary little boy!

4) In vol.38: This is basically the same as in vol.31. Kazuha wondered about who her “rescuer” was that used the football (she didn’t notice the stun gun) to bring down the kidnappers. And then again, she interrupts a phone conversation between Conan and Heiji. And again, there is the question: How much did she hear? Because again, it’s rather clear what Heiji means when he says that “Kudo” figured out the meaning of the code by looking at the Japanese flag of his kids’ meal!

5) Vol.42: Well, in this volume there is just a little picture of her, but this picture shows that she’s looking at the message Conan sent to Heiji which said “Can you help me out?” Maybe she figured something… ?

6) Vol.43: There, Conan’s expression strongly reminds Ran of Shinichi. So it’s understandable that she’s very distracted and surprised when she notices the crowd screaming loudly.

But why is Kazuha that distracted, too? Has she been looking at Ran? Has she been wondering what Ran was thinking at that moment?

Well, I’ve only read up to this point in the Manga and if Kazuha already figured it out in later scans, I’ll look like a complete fool now. -.- (If this is the case, please tell me and I'll delete the thread...)

And I’m not saying it’s PROBABLE! I’m just saying it’s POSSIBLE!

^o^ I can well imagine Heiji freaking out completely when this happens.

Heiji: “Kudo, how could you tell her? Now she’s on their list, too!!”

Kazuha: “Eh? What kind of list?”

Conan: “What should I have done? She already knew anyway!”

Heiji: “You could at least have tried to convince her otherwise!”

Kazuha: “You’ll explain to me NOW what you’re talking about, or I’m gonna tell Ran-chan!”

^^ I wanted to do a fanfic about this once, but I never did.

Well, I just wanted to know what you think of this, so – happy discussing! ^^”

It would be very interesting to throw Kazuha into the mix as well. Then we'll have two Osakans going 'Hey Ku- no, Conan-kun!'

It would be very interesting to throw Kazuha into the mix as well. Then we'll have two Osakans going 'Hey Ku- no, Conan-kun!'

funny

I agree but Kazuha has no idea doesn't pay attension to how smart conan is, how alike shinchi and conan are? Since she Only seen Kudo a few times. plus the Only things she knows is that Hecji loves to hang out with conan and shinchi always disappears. So i doubt it, though.

I agree but Kazuha has no idea doesn't pay attension to how smart conan is, how alike shinchi and conan are? Since she Only seen Kudo a few times. plus the Only things she knows is that Hecji loves to hang out with conan and shinchi always disappears. So i doubt it, though.

yea.... but she might have a hunch though

Kazuha knowing about Conan's identity won't have any impact on the plot since she's not Shinichi's partner like Heiji or know about BO like Ai,i think Kazuha only know about it after Ran.

Why would she? That wouldn't give anything new to the plot. Kazuha isn't a main character after all.

I have shared the same idea about 8 years ago for similar points that Karan told. But I already realized that Gosho doesn't be so logical about all the small details in the manga. And especially humoristic details like the swimsuit guessing game can't be interpreted in that way.

When you said Kazuha read Heiji's mobile message on volume 42, she never told about it twice until now. So I don't think that would be important. There are a lot of important characters in DC and Kazuha isn't one of them. She won't take part in the final stage of the plot. She's just an element of the romantic plot of DC and she is just a foil for Heiji's character. Nothing else.

Even if we know (from Heiji) she's far from stupid, that doesn't mean Gosho would want to develop this part of this character. After all, when the fans insisted to know about her mother, Gosho solved the point in one sentence in the volume 59.