Detective Conan World
Maurice

[2011-02-21] System upgrade

I'm pleased to announce that our forum system was just upgraded to its latest version! Here's a summary of the changes and cool new features:

• More social-oriented.
  • Facebook and Twitter connect integration: instead of registering, you can simply login with your Facebook or Twitter account and your account will be created automatically here for you. There will also be the possibility to have your tweets update here and/or vice-versa (I'd need to look into that).
  • Big overhaul of the profile and statuses systems. You can now comment on other people's statuses. Your profile will also show your latest statuses as well as your recent list of actions. It is also possible to see a list of all the latest status updates on a separate page. And much more...
  • Nice-looking theme when browsing with a mobile device. You can also download the actual 'IP.Board Communities' application in the App store if you prefer.
  • Improved searching interface.
  • Improved notification system.
  • Lots of fixes.
  • And many more tweaks that you'll discover along the way. :)

I hope you enjoy this update! Let us know if you have any feedback or ideas to further improve the site or the overall user experience. We're always open to improvements and your inputs are most welcome!

Thank you!

P.S: Don't forget to do a big refresh in your browser (Ctrl + R or Ctrl + F5)

• Upvote 3

Great updates! I don't upgrade my status at all, but nice updates on it anyway. Maurice, as always, you're amazing! Keep up the good work! I'l donate once I get older. But since I'm 13, my parents won't let me use money on "stupid" things like DC. Bleh! Can't wait to get a job and use money on what I think is important.

the green circles = grey now

otherwise

AMAZIN

Yeah, I noticed that too. I just changed it back to green. But this will eventually change again once we determine our new ranking system (from the thread in the Ideas and Feedback forum).

Yeah, I noticed that too. I just changed it back to green. But this will eventually change again once we determine our new ranking system (from the thread in the Ideas and Feedback forum).

Yeah, when is that going to happen? Cause I posted a good idea in there, it's just maybe a nightmare to code.

is there a way where we could find then maybe give us a list of posts which have added to our reputation just like "Find My Content"? There's a "View all posts by X" but apparently, the reputation of those posts aren't included.. am just curious :P

in any case, system upgrade = 2 thumbs up! ^^

• Upvote 2

is there a way where we could find then maybe give us a list of posts which have added to our reputation just like "Find My Content"? There's a "View all posts by X" but apparently, the reputation of those posts aren't included.. am just curious :P

in any case, system upgrade = 2 thumbs up! ^^

I agree, that's something I'd be interested in seeing, especially since we're not told when our posts are given +1.

Yeah, when is that going to happen? Cause I posted a good idea in there, it's just maybe a nightmare to code.

You did give some nice ideas. But it is true that the "Active posts", groups and "tracking of groups" are not straightforward to code (for one, because I wish to avoid modifying the forum's source code, which would then make ugprading a nightmare). I could create a forum add-on but it would take a lot of time and, once again, it would become harder to update the forum since I'd need to update the add-on every time to make it compatible. But, there's been some good ideas in that thread. I'll probably end up using a simple, yet original, ranking system (with images/icons and all that). Should be cool hopefully. :P

I was also wondering the same thing and went through the whole configuration set. The only option I could find that's kind of close to what you're looking for is the possibility to click on a reputation number at the bottom of a post (does NOT work from a user's profile page) and it will tell you who upped the post. So, you'd still have to go through your posts and whenever you see that you've been given some reputation points, you could just click on the number and it'd show you who voted for the post. But, since you can do that for ANY post, not just yours, I just think it's a bit too much as a feature cause I'd hate to see a "reputation competition" (or war?) going on with alliances and people voting for each other, etc.. That's really not what this forum is for. Hence, why I'd probably not enable it. However, what I might end up doing in the near future is grant this privilege to donators (as well as an ad-free site) cause I had to recently upgrade the system by getting a separate virtual private server for the database (the traffic is getting bigger). So, it's getting slightly more expensive for me. Nothing to worry about for now though but the extra help would be nice. :)

Thanks for the update! But what if we already have an account and want t to be connected to our fb and tt account? Is that possible? Sorry to bother you sir!

Yes! It's definitely possible! :P

I linked my facebook and twitter accounts with my DCW account and now I can synchronize both as I wish. I can post statuses here and have them posted on fb and twitter and vice-versa. There are also more options and features to explore there. Just check out your account settings to configure your facebook and twitter accounts (and link them if you haven't yet).

• Upvote 1

Wow, this is just so amazing!! Thanks a lot for this awesome update, Maurice 037.gif!

But... I prefer the old profile's layout 4fd9f2d3.gif...

Oh, and Maurice... I accidentally or rather unintentionally created a new account using my Facebook. Is it possible to delete it?

I was trying to check out the cool features of the new forum when I... clicked on register and connected to Facebook. Although I did cancel it before I pressed submit. And when I was checking the members' list... I see a member with my name 8c460310.gif!

But... I prefer the old profile's layout 4fd9f2d3.gif...

What did you prefer in the old layout? :o

Oh, and Maurice... I accidentally or rather unintentionally created a new account using my Facebook. Is it possible to delete it?

I was trying to check out the cool features of the new forum when I... clicked on register and connected to Facebook. Although I did cancel it before I pressed submit. And when I was checking the members' list... I see a member with my name 8c460310.gif!

Just PM me your new account and I'll see what I can do! The next time, all you need to do is login using Facebook, then, when you're redirected to the forum it'll ask you to either register a new account (this option's a no no for you) or to link your fb account to an existing account (that's the one you want :P).

What did you prefer in the old layout? :o

The information boxes... I personally think it was better to remain in the center. When going to someone's profile, our eyes would always drops in the center first, having to move them to the corner (<- lazy)... I think it's easier to spot having it in the middle ali_032.gif.

And the Topics and Posts tabs... before, when you go on them, it doesn't expand everything, instead they give you the scroll-down thingie. I think it's more cooler like that yociexpress01.gif.

Just PM me your new account and I'll see what I can do! The next time, all you need to do is login using Facebook, then, when you're redirected to the forum it'll ask you to either register a new account (this option's a no no for you) or to link your fb account to an existing account (that's the one you want :P).

Okay, I will send it to you (lol, this is so embarrassing ali_115.gif). And thanks for the info! But at that time, I was only trying to see how does it work to register via Facebook (but I wasn't planning to create a new account yociexp109.gif). I was only admiring the new upgrade of DCW forum JFBQ00241070914B.gif.