Detective Conan World
Detective Kudo

Do you think more people know of Conan's identity than we are told?

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think more people know of Conan

whats wrong with Americans?

Ha ha, that didn't come out right. Sorry.

I believe is trust.I love ConanXAi because trust.Because trust other.

This is not a ConAi discussion thread.

I stand by my decision. Although Kudo has been in the U.S, he isn't well known internationally. Jodie probably heard of him by Ran, not prior information. With the exception of Akai. I mean, come on, Conan pretty much gave himself away to Akai!

If he's Akai then yes, but if he's Bourbon then I'm left wondering why exactly Conan, Haibara and Agasa are still alive since Okiya definitely didn't belive the 'Kinichi' thing. Oh well, one more point on the Okiya=Akai side.

Also, I reckon Eisuke figured it out so quickly 'cause he was 'outside looking in' for most of his research, if any of you get what I mean? :lol:

And can I just say that lately Conan has lost the art of subtlety, I mean honestly the Kogoro Akechi line in file 766 just reeks of Shinichiness. Using metaphors and being overdramatic, that's how I usually tell he's gone into Shinichi mode :mrgreen:

If he's Akai then yes, but if he's Bourbon then I'm left wondering why exactly Conan, Haibara and Agasa are still alive since Okiya definitely didn't belive the 'Kinichi' thing. Oh well, one more point on the Okiya=Akai side.

Also, I reckon Eisuke figured it out so quickly 'cause he was 'outside looking in' for most of his research, if any of you get what I mean? :lol:

And can I just say that lately Conan has lost the art of subtlety, I mean honestly the Kogoro Akechi line in file 766 just reeks of Shinichiness. Using metaphors and being overdramatic, that's how I usually tell he's gone into Shinichi mode :mrgreen:

Yea thats why i made this thread, he is being himself lately without checking himself. Not thinking twice the BO may be watching him. Maybe he has some insight or a plan set in place to take them down.

I think Shinichi was known world round, not nessesarily because of the cases he solved in Japan and America(he lived there for some time so its bond to be true)but beause his parents are too well known for him not to have some fame in the international community even if its not a lot.

If anyone, I believe FBI knows Conan's true identity (even though they never went direct with it). I also believe Okiya Subaru knows his identity. Beside them, I couldn't think of anyone else.

Same here. Okiya is kind of really intellectual. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the entire story!

Are you wondering who are the people who knows Conan's true identity? Here they are:

10a439c1d1945e7b837cac5be07008101256214950_full.jpg

↘Dr. Hiroshi Agasa (Agasa-Hakase) is Shinichi’s next door neighbor and the first person to know his identity. Agasa-hakase uses his expertise in technology to help Conan in his cases and already made a lot of inventions for him. Most specially the stun-gun watch, voice changing bow tie, solar skateboard etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ec100b808cb71e3d0e5fd8c51f553a4f1225867904_full.jpg

↘Yusaku and Yukiko Kudo, Shinichi’s parents. They heard the story from Hakase and they decided to take Conan to America because his life is in danger but Conan insisted that he should stay in Japan because he wants to solve the case on his own, and of course, because of Ran.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2c4880d62d7ad785e8344d37bdb00d5c1256214878_full.jpg

↘Hattori Heiji, the detective of the west and was once Shinichi’s rival. He found Conan speaking in his voice after he regained consciousness from Conan’s stun gun. Since then, the two became partners in some cases and became good friends.

*He is the son of the chief police of the Osaka prefectural police department.

879830469d8895c623b49a61fe2240481256214819_full.jpg

↘Haibara Ai, real name: Miyano Shiho and having a code name Sherry. She is a former member of the Black Organization and the younger sister of the deceased Miyano Akemi, which was murdered by Gin and Vodka. Because of her sister’s death she escaped from the Organization’s arm, she took her own drug, she made that APOTOXIN4869/APTX4869 which was the drug that made shinichi shrink and that made her body reverted to it’s childhood state.

6433d0956b9be3d141c86edee710686f1256214793_full.jpg

↘Eisuke Hondou, Ran’s new classmate and he appeared after those FBI incidents. She has a crush on Ran and he notices Conan’s actions towards Ran is too similar to that of a boyfriend. In order to know Conan’s identity, he tricked him by telling that he is inlove with Ran and wants to take her with him in America and blurted out that he wants to talk to Shinichi to get his opinion, since he knows the two had sort of been together and is angry that Shinichi is not there more for her. Conan then firmly reveals his opinion on the matter as well as who he is. Eisuke only laughs and tells Conan he had suspected it all along. Before leaving, Eisuke asks Conan to make Ran happy.

9521b38d7e983cfbf01edcc7d46e27bd1256214748_full.jpg

↘The Phantom thief, Kaitou Kid. How he knew Conan’s identity was not given but maybe it’s because of his deduction skills and to the fact that, he is related to the Kudo family.

d6c502096ddd0e5de2b45b23a1e5f1b51256214455_full.jpg

↘Sharon/Chris Vineyard, aka Vermouth, she is a member of black organization and is also a master of disguise, her teacher in disguising was Kuroba Touichi (Kaitou Kid’s deceased father). She calls Conan as “Silver Bullet” meaning the one that can destroy Black Organization but Gin and Vodka said that there’s no such thing as Silver Bullet, which can end the legacy of BO. In BO, she is the only person who knows Haibara Ai and Edogawa Conan’s true identity. She does have a guilt complex towards anyone she owes her life to, as evidenced by her hesitating to harm Shinichi/Conan and Ran in the Ai Kidnap case because Ran once saved her life. (Episode 286-288, Shinichi Kudo's New York Case)

863227dc4189c30531fc433899f08bce1256214505_full.jpg

↘(Deceased) Miyano Akemi, aka Masami Hirota. Older sister of Miyano Shiho/Haibara Ai. After completing a bank heist that was supposed to free her and her sister from the Organization, Gin and Vodka betrayed her and killed her before Conan can save her. Conan admitted that he is Shinichi Kudo when Akemi was dying. Akemi was in love with the undercover FBI agent Shuichi Akai, who she knew as her boyfriend Dai Moroboshi.

85d4409905d1ab795f519d97bed8318a1256214577_full.jpg

↘(Deceased) Hiroki Sawada, from the 6th movie The Phantom of Baker Street. Hiroki is a genius kid but committed suicide because of the pressure put onto him. He created the virtual game (Noah’s Ark) which Conan, Ran and the Detective Boys had tried until it became a life and death game.

85eda196ceb8e7013cc1caa60375d5061256214690_full.jpg

↘(Deceased) Irish, from the 13th movie The Raven Chaser. Irish disguised as Superintendent Matsumoto during the investigation of the series of murders. He stole the Dark Knight Helmet (which Shinichi had worn at episode 191) and Conan’s dolphin’s fin modeling clay in order to compare the fingerprints, it matched 98%. Irish respects Pisco (who was killed by Gin) as his father, so he will use Conan as a witness to make that person overthrow Gin who failed to kill Shinichi Kudo and who failed to see through Conan’s true identity. He was sniped by Chianti while showing the memory card that he retrieved.

According to my information these many knew his identity

i don't think any1 else knew his true identity

Are you wondering who are the people who knows Conan's true identity? Here they are:

↘Dr. Hiroshi Agasa (Agasa-Hakase) is Shinichi’s next door neighbor and the first person to know his identity. Agasa-hakase uses his expertise in technology to help Conan in his cases and already made a lot of inventions for him. Most specially the stun-gun watch, voice changing bow tie, solar skateboard etc.

↘Yusaku and Yukiko Kudo, Shinichi’s parents. They heard the story from Hakase and they decided to take Conan to America because his life is in danger but Conan insisted that he should stay in Japan because he wants to solve the case on his own, and of course, because of Ran.

↘Hattori Heiji, the detective of the west and was once Shinichi’s rival. He found Conan speaking in his voice after he regained consciousness from Conan’s stun gun. Since then, the two became partners in some cases and became good friends.

↘Haibara Ai, real name: Miyano Shiho and having a code name Sherry. She is a former member of the Black Organization and the younger sister of the deceased Miyano Akemi, which was murdered by Gin and Vodka. Because of her sister’s death she escaped from the Organization’s arm, she took her own drug, she made that APOTOXIN4869/APTX4869 which was the drug that made shinichi shrink and that made her body reverted to it’s childhood state.

↘Eisuke Hondou, Ran’s new classmate and he appeared after those FBI incidents. She has a crush on Ran and he notices Conan’s actions towards Ran is too similar to that of a boyfriend. In order to know Conan’s identity, he tricked him by telling that he is inlove with Ran and wants to take her with him in America and blurted out that he wants to talk to Shinichi to get his opinion, since he knows the two had sort of been together and is angry that Shinichi is not there more for her. Conan then firmly reveals his opinion on the matter as well as who he is. Eisuke only laughs and tells Conan he had suspected it all along. Before leaving, Eisuke asks Conan to make Ran happy.

↘The Phantom thief, Kaitou Kid. How he knew Conan’s identity was not given but maybe it’s because of his deduction skills and to the fact that, he is related to the Kudo family.

↘Sharon/Chris Vineyard, aka Vermouth, she is a member of black organization and is also a master of disguise, her teacher in disguising was Kuroba Touichi (Kaitou Kid’s deceased father). She calls Conan as “Silver Bullet” meaning the one that can destroy Black Organization but Gin and Vodka said that there’s no such thing as Silver Bullet, which can end the legacy of BO. In BO, she is the only person who knows Haibara Ai and Edogawa Conan’s true identity. She does have a guilt complex towards anyone she owes her life to, as evidenced by her hesitating to harm Shinichi/Conan and Ran in the Ai Kidnap case because Ran once saved her life. (Episode 286-288, Shinichi Kudo's New York Case)

↘(Deceased) Miyano Akemi, aka Masami Hirota. Older sister of Miyano Shiho/Haibara Ai. After completing a bank heist that was supposed to free her and her sister from the Organization, Gin and Vodka betrayed her and killed her before Conan can save her. Conan admitted that he is Shinichi Kudo when Akemi was dying. Akemi was in love with the undercover FBI agent Shuichi Akai, who she knew as her boyfriend Dai Moroboshi.

↘(Deceased) Hiroki Sawada, from the 6th movie The Phantom of Baker Street. Hiroki is a genius kid but committed suicide because of the pressure put onto him. He created the virtual game (Noah’s Ark) which Conan, Ran and the Detective Boys had tried until it became a life and death game.

↘(Deceased) Irish, from the 13th movie The Raven Chaser. Irish disguised as Superintendent Matsumoto during the investigation of the series of murders. He stole the Dark Knight Helmet (which Shinichi had worn at episode 191) and Conan’s dolphin’s fin modeling clay in order to compare the fingerprints, it matched 98%. Irish respects Pisco (who was killed by Gin) as his father, so he will use Conan as a witness to make that person overthrow Gin who failed to kill Shinichi Kudo and who failed to see through Conan’s true identity. He was sniped by Chianti while showing the memory card that he retrieved.

....Movies aren't Canon.....

• Upvote 1

When were they related? (or do you read 'Relative Truth' too?)

....Movies aren't Canon.....

Kaitou Kid's knowledge of Conan's ability is only in the movies as of now, but its canon. But yeah, that's an exception.

When were they related? (or do you read 'Relative Truth' too?)

Not by blood, but Yukiko and Yusaku both knew Toichi, and Toichi met Shinichi once. I think that's what he means.

Relative Truth. Hmm...

P.S: Nice pictures.

Really? you don't think the FBI knows, Okyia, Takagi,Eisuke's sister or anyone else. :blink: interesting :smile:

Really? you don't think the FBI knows, Okyia, Takagi,Eisuke's sister or anyone else. :blink: interesting :smile:

It's unconfirmed intel. We can only hypothesize until we get further intel.

I would say it is doubtful that Takagi and the FBI know. Takagi seems to have lost interest in the matter, and the FBi don't have sufficient information to make the connection between Conan and Shinichi, although Akai may be an exception. Akai has met Shinichi Kudo, and may have made the connection.

Eisuke's sister is a big question mark. Since we haven't seen her for about 60 episodes, I don't have much on HER suspicions.

If Okiya is Akai, then there is reasonable proof to assume that Okiya/Akai knows of Conan's identity.

HOWEVER, if Okiya is Bourbon, then that is a whole different matter. Okiya/Bourbon is likely not fooled by "Kinichi", and will be wondering why Shinichi is hiding. He would also suspect Ran and Suzuki because he may think they are covering him up. Okiya/Bourbon has seen Conan in person, and knows of his detective-like personality, but likely doesn't have sufficient information on Shinichi to make such a connection.

i think so :grin:

Okiya Subaru knows Conan is Shinichi for sure.

Akai already knows Ai Haibara is Miyano Shiho (Vermouth arc) and thus likely suspects Conan is probably a shrunken person like her; however, Akai doesn't have many starting points to determine who Conan's alter ego is. When Akai moves in to Shinichi's house as Okiya, he begins getting hints. The first hint is that Conan is taking care of the house for Shinichi who "has gone missing all of a sudden" and will loan him the place. (624 pg 15) A suddenly missing person is a great candidate for who Conan might have been before, especially since it is strange that a little boy can freely decide to allow a random stranger to stay at a house belonging to an unrelated teenage friend without consulting him beforehand. Conan also contradicts himself on the next page (624 pg 16): Conan says he will text message Shinichi about it later, but Conan just said that Shinichi was missing a few speech bubbles before.

Okiya definitely picked up on the inconsistencies in Conan's house lending talk because he became suspicious about the house's owner. We know from what he said to Ran that Okiya looked around Shinichi's house for traces of the landlord: clothes, journals, and albums, but found nothing personally identifying. (chap 639 pg. 5) This in itself is a hint for Okiya; why would someone bother trying to hide the traces of the previous owner?

Okiya obviously saw through Ran's lie about the "Kinichi" person that was making deductions about paper airplane case. (639 pg 4) Not only did Sonoko speak up that Ran contacted Shinichi before Ran cut her off, but also the laughable choice of alias, Sonoko's confused reaction to Ran's lie, and the house's large mystery novel collection give away the fabrication. Okiya also learned from this conversation that Shinichi was a high schooler who loves deduction. Okiya wouldn't fail to notice that Conan is quite similar. Since Okiya has been shown to be good a background research (702 pg 15), he simply has to look up a news article with a picture of Shinichi and note the obvious resemblance between Shinichi and Conan to finalize his hypothesis.

Takagi probably doesn't know although I'm sure he wonders what exactly is up with Conan. I think the main problem is that he has only seen Shinichi a few times and he hasn't put two and two together yet.

I secretly wonder if Kogoro knows and is only acting dumb to cover for Shinichi. He has figured out Shinichi must be in deep if he wound up a grade-schooler again and doesn't want to become involved in the problem until Shinichi is ready to tell him. He hits Conan when Conan starts becoming too noticeable.

DONT FORGET JODIE'S/ VERMOUTH'S PICTURES OF CONAN AND RAN ALSO HAD A LOT OF SHINICHI'S PHOTOS

DONT FORGET JODIE'S/ VERMOUTH'S PICTURES OF CONAN AND RAN ALSO HAD A LOT OF SHINICHI'S PHOTOS

If Jodie knows, she has done a good job of hiding it. (She might not have been teasing when she accused Conan of having a split personality.) She noted the age discrepancy between Shiho's picture and Vermouth's target, but hasn't asked. She did witness Shinichi and Conan (really Ai dressed up) alongside of one another at the play. I don't know if she was fooled, but she sees the voice changing facemask later when Conan used it to disguise as Haibara.

As for Ran, I don't think so, but she's due for another round of suspicion soon anyway given the unresolved Shinichi/Conan's-fingerprints-on-Heiji's-omamori plot.

If Jodie knows, she has done a good job of hiding it. (She might not have been teasing when she accused Conan of having a split personality.) She noted the age discrepancy between Shiho's picture and Vermouth's target, but hasn't asked. She did witness Shinichi and Conan (really Ai dressed up) alongside of one another at the play. I don't know if she was fooled, but she sees the voice changing facemask later when Conan used it to disguise as Haibara.

As for Ran, I don't think so, but she's due for another round of suspicion soon anyway given the unresolved Shinichi/Conan's-fingerprints-on-Heiji's-omamori plot.

yea i was thinking the same thing, oh yea btw did you notice Takagi's response to Conan calling as Shinichi in the Jeet Kune Do case? i found it interesting. He called him Shinichi-kun and had this awkward smile on his face with sweat running down ( like to say i can't believe you are doing this so suddenly Conan)

Yes. Conan reveal himself too much with Heiji around. Kogoro stop hitting him after Shinichi show up at London. Kogoro's good at assuming if Conan hang around with Agasa, because Agasa trust them to take care Shinichi and Shinichi likes to hang around with Ran, Kogoro can pick up easily at this sudden change when Ran mention Shinichi. 'Why so sneaky? Why don't tell Ran Shinichi's on the plane and is it necessary to take another plane?'

Kogoro will find everything is fishy and learn apparently Shinichi did show up in London, already suspect every happening around Shinichi are fishy and odd. This could be distracting and running Kogoro's mind, he will think way to find answer. He already saw Heiji and Conan work together, if leading Conan deduce himself, he won't get any answer unless he started openly working with Conan to find answer.

I think Kogoro can be surprisingly perceptive at times (the few times he's actually managed to solve cases by himself are proof of that). It wouldn't surprise me if Kogoro figures it out, or has already figured out that Conan is Shinichi. This abnormally intelligent kid with knowledge beyond what most kids (heck even a lot of teens) should know, it makes me wonder how Kogoro can not notice that there's something up, but I imagine not having him find out is just another way to keep the show running as long as possible. :P