Detective Conan World
Detective Kudo

Do you think more people know of Conan's identity than we are told?

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think more people know of Conan

Well i was thinking, sometimes it seems pretty obvious Conan is doing the deduction show from his Bowtie that even in a recent DB episode they noticed. Maybe there are more people who knows who Conan really is and is keeping it a secret until he gathers more evidence on the BO. For instance the Like Clockwork case in the Manga. Mouri almost falls off the balcony. Ran and Conan caught him. Conan then used the bowtie in front almost everyone. Also Conan used the soccerball belt and dart right in front of Takagi in the Wolf-Crier case in the Manga and Takagi doesn't even react. I remember in the Anime in the The Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages case Takagi asks Conan "who are you?" He even knew Shinichi before the big shrink i think. He also does pretty much whatever Conan tells him to do. There is more evidence but i can't remember what case each one happened in, so i want to know what you guys think

-sincerely Detective Kudo

Okiya Subaru knows Conan is Shinichi for sure.

Akai already knows Ai Haibara is Miyano Shiho (Vermouth arc) and thus likely suspects Conan is probably a shrunken person like her; however, Akai doesn't have many starting points to determine who Conan's alter ego is. When Akai moves in to Shinichi's house as Okiya, he begins getting hints. The first hint is that Conan is taking care of the house for Shinichi who "has gone missing all of a sudden" and will loan him the place. (624 pg 15) A suddenly missing person is a great candidate for who Conan might have been before, especially since it is strange that a little boy can freely decide to allow a random stranger to stay at a house belonging to an unrelated teenage friend without consulting him beforehand. Conan also contradicts himself on the next page (624 pg 16): Conan says he will text message Shinichi about it later, but Conan just said that Shinichi was missing a few speech bubbles before.

Okiya definitely picked up on the inconsistencies in Conan's house lending talk because he became suspicious about the house's owner. We know from what he said to Ran that Okiya looked around Shinichi's house for traces of the landlord: clothes, journals, and albums, but found nothing personally identifying. (chap 639 pg. 5) This in itself is a hint for Okiya; why would someone bother trying to hide the traces of the previous owner?

Okiya obviously saw through Ran's lie about the "Kinichi" person that was making deductions about paper airplane case. (639 pg 4) Not only did Sonoko speak up that Ran contacted Shinichi before Ran cut her off, but also the laughable choice of alias, Sonoko's confused reaction to Ran's lie, and the house's large mystery novel collection give away the fabrication. Okiya also learned from this conversation that Shinichi was a high schooler who loves deduction. Okiya wouldn't fail to notice that Conan is quite similar. Since Okiya has been shown to be good a background research (702 pg 15), he simply has to look up a news article with a picture of Shinichi and note the obvious resemblance between Shinichi and Conan to finalize his hypothesis.

Takagi probably doesn't know although I'm sure he wonders what exactly is up with Conan. I think the main problem is that he has only seen Shinichi a few times and he hasn't put two and two together yet.

I secretly wonder if Kogoro knows and is only acting dumb to cover for Shinichi. He has figured out Shinichi must be in deep if he wound up a grade-schooler again and doesn't want to become involved in the problem until Shinichi is ready to tell him. He hits Conan when Conan starts becoming too noticeable.

I secretly wonder if Kogoro knows and is only acting dumb to cover for Shinichi. He has figured out Shinichi must be in deep if he wound up a grade-schooler again and doesn't want to become involved in the problem until Shinichi is ready to tell him. He hits Conan when Conan starts becoming too noticeable.

Honestly, Kogoro really doesn't have the smarts to notice something like that. He is also as dense as a rock.

If Kogoro knew, he'd be blurting it all over the place. He's not the guy with that kind of sense; besides he hates Shinichi.

And the Okiya thing...sounds reasonable.

Okiya Subaru knows Conan is Shinichi for sure.

Akai already knows Ai Haibara is Miyano Shiho (Vermouth arc) and thus likely suspects Conan is probably a shrunken person like her; however, Akai doesn't have many starting points to determine who Conan's alter ego is. When Akai moves in to Shinichi's house as Okiya, he begins getting hints. The first hint is that Conan is taking care of the house for Shinichi who "has gone missing all of a sudden" and will loan him the place. (624 pg 15) A suddenly missing person is a great candidate for who Conan might have been before, especially since it is strange that a little boy can freely decide to allow a random stranger to stay at a house belonging to an unrelated teenage friend without consulting him beforehand. Conan also contradicts himself on the next page (624 pg 16): Conan says he will text message Shinichi about it later, but Conan just said that Shinichi was missing a few speech bubbles before.

Okiya definitely picked up on the inconsistencies in Conan's house lending talk because he became suspicious about the house's owner. We know from what he said to Ran that Okiya looked around Shinichi's house for traces of the landlord: clothes, journals, and albums, but found nothing personally identifying. (chap 639 pg. 5) This in itself is a hint for Okiya; why would someone bother trying to hide the traces of the previous owner?

Okiya obviously saw through Ran's lie about the "Kinichi" person that was making deductions about paper airplane case. (639 pg 4) Not only did Sonoko speak up that Ran contacted Shinichi before Ran cut her off, but also the laughable choice of alias, Sonoko's confused reaction to Ran's lie, and the house's large mystery novel collection give away the fabrication. Okiya also learned from this conversation that Shinichi was a high schooler who loves deduction. Okiya wouldn't fail to notice that Conan is quite similar. Since Okiya has been shown to be good a background research (702 pg 15), he simply has to look up a news article with a picture of Shinichi and note the obvious resemblance between Shinichi and Conan to finalize his hypothesis.

Takagi probably doesn't know although I'm sure he wonders what exactly is up with Conan. I think the main problem is that he has only seen Shinichi a few times and he hasn't put two and two together yet.

I think Okiya knows as well, he is way too smart not to. I think if Mouri knows, he wants to keep him that way to be famous (remember he was never fond of Shinichi)

Takagi defended Shinichi in Raven Chaser. Remember when everyone was asking where was Shinichi, and that he hadn't publicly solved a case in a while, Takagi immediately responded about the case during the Desperate Revival Arc so no one would get suspicious. Why would he say that so protectively? Megure hushed him because he didn't suppose to talk about that case to anyone,thus also protecting Shinichi.

Honestly, Kogoro really doesn't have the smarts to notice something like that. He is also as dense as a rock.

If Kogoro knew, he'd be blurting it all over the place. He's not the guy with that kind of sense; besides he hates Shinichi.

And the Okiya thing...sounds reasonable.

I wouldn't have belived kogoro knew until Stategy above the depths movie. He also questioned conan's identity and why he gets knocked out before and wakes up after a deduction a number of times throughout the series. He also worked openly with conan during the Lupin special. He also knew Conan was good at detective work During The phantom on Baker street movie, Kudo's dad even pointed out he solved the dying message. I know The Movies are not made by Gosho but he does approve them.

Takagi defended Shinichi in Raven Chaser. Remember when everyone was asking where was Shinichi, and that he hadn't publicly solved a case in a while, Takagi immediately responded about the case during the Desperate Revival Arc so no one would get suspicious. Why would he say that so protectively? Megure hushed him because he didn't suppose to talk about that case to anyone,thus also protecting Shinichi.

I wouldn't have belived kogoro knew until Stategy above the depths movie. He also questioned conan's identity and why he gets knocked out before and wakes up after a deduction a number of times throughout the series. He also worked openly with conan during the Lupin special. He also knew Conan was good at detective work During The phantom on Baker street movie, Kudo's dad even pointed out he solved the dying message. I know The Movies are not made by Gosho but he does approve them.

The problem is that the movies are not canon to the main manga storyline. Sometimes things trickle down like Shiratori and Yamamura's promotion, but most of it never happens manga-wise. A perfect example is how Kid knows Conan is Shinichi in the movies, but doesn't know in the manga.

That's true, but that could mean it will happen in the near future like Shiratori and Yamamura's promotion...

It's been a little under twelve years since Kaito Kid found out in the films. If it was to be I think it would have happened by now.

two things: first of all, as has been stated, none of those are strictly canon, and second I hate to burst your bubble on the Lupin thing, but

Lupin was disguised as Kogoro during the final deduction scene

by the way... I think there's already a thread discussing who knows Conan's identity

I think that the FBIs(Akai and Jodie), some interpol officers that Yusaku migh've asked to secretly investigate the case and some others might know the identity of Conan.

At volume 7, Yusaku persuaded Conan Τ☺ follow them as he will ask the help of his friends in interpol Τ☺ investigate on this syndicate for him as it is too dangerous for shinichi Τ☺ do it according Τ☺ his parents in Ŧђǎт chapter.

At volume 7, Yusaku persuaded Conan Τ☺ follow them as he will ask the help of his friends in interpol Τ☺ investigate on this syndicate for him as it is too dangerous for shinichi Τ☺ do it according Τ☺ his parents in Ŧђǎт chapter.

Yuusaku didn't actually do that that though, only said he COULD ask them. Conan then told Yuusaku to bugger off because it was his case. Also that weird text you use with smilies and foreign characters in it replacing normal characters, it's irritating.

Well i was thinking, sometimes it seems pretty obvious Conan is doing the deduction show from his Bowtie that even in a recent DB episode they noticed. Maybe there are more people who knows who Conan really is and is keeping it a secret until he gathers more evidence on the BO. For instance the Like Clockwork case in the Manga. Mouri almost falls off the balcony. Ran and Conan caught him. Conan then used the bowtie in front almost everyone. Also Conan used the soccerball belt and dart right in front of Takagi in the Wolf-Crier case in the Manga and Takagi doesn't even react. I remember in the Anime in the The Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages case Takagi asks Conan "who are you?" He even knew Shinichi before the big shrink i think. He also does pretty much whatever Conan tells him to do. There is more evidence but i can't remember what case each one happened in, so i want to know what you guys think

-sincerely Detective Kudo

Takagi character is weird, because we don't know anything about his past or his family. I guess he has some importance finding the truth.

Takagi has access to conan's fingerprints (cell phone). With that information he must to find out, or he is really stupid or he has lack of curiosity.

Yuusaku didn't actually do that that though, only said he COULD ask them. Conan then told Yuusaku to bugger off because it was his case. Also that weird text you use with smilies and foreign characters in it replacing normal characters, it's irritating.

What I was saying was Ŧђǎт maybe Yusaku told them Τ☺ investigate despite Conan not wanting them Τ☺. And sorry, coz I am using my blackberry Τ☺ go Τ☺ dcw and hence, the bb autotext is at work too!

I actually think maybe, maybeInspector Megure knows, because he has worked with Shinichi before. With Conan's intelligence/actions, surely he might have gotten a feeling that he's working with Shinichi? /confusing.

I totally believe Takagi knows <3

Yeah, I reckon(or at least really, really hope) Takagi knows. He had to check the fingerprints on *Akai's corpse and yet he said that it matched Conan's and never mentioned Shinichi despite the fact that logically it should also match his fingerprints. There's also lots of evidence that Takagi used to be suspicious of Conan, there's no reason that after ep304 he would give up, if anything Conan's afterlife line should have made him more curious or triggered him figuring it out. And in more recent files Takagi will practically do anything Conan says, he may be trusted by the police but Conan still looks exactly like a seven year old(a creepy one but still..). Also

in the last DB case he almost certainly saw the tranqwatch and only looked mildly suprised that Conan had taken down two grown people singlehandedly. I'm pretty sure that proves something :mrgreen:

So, I sure hope Takagi knows :lol: ...or at the very least that people will write more fanfics about him figuring it out :mrgreen:

*I think Chekhov's Akai=Okiya theory is right, I'm just putting in 'Akai' so as to avoid any confusion

two things: first of all, as has been stated, none of those are strictly canon, and second I hate to burst your bubble on the Lupin thing, but

Lupin was disguised as Kogoro during the final deduction scene

by the way... I think there's already a thread discussing who knows Conan's identity

:razz: oh i know that, i mean before the final deduction and Lupin disguised himself as Kogoro. Kogoro was discussing something on a large piece of paper(i think it was a map if i recall correctly) with Conan without hitting him but consulting Conan. Also :blink: i didn't know there was another discussion about this, but its a little different because they are more discussing who was confirmed knowing and not the ones who aren't. It was just on my mind after reading the latest Manga file and i made a topic poll on the subject to see what you all think. Thanks for commenting Southpaw :smile:

I actually think maybe, maybeInspector Megure knows, because he has worked with Shinichi before. With Conan's intelligence/actions, surely he might have gotten a feeling that he's working with Shinichi? /confusing.

I totally believe Takagi knows <3

:smile: Thank you, it would also make sense because he told Jodie the fingerprints on the corpse matched the one on conan's cellphone(Akai's) during Red vs Black arc, which i don't think he is really dead. He hhas to also know Conan's prints match Shinichi's. Megure should also know, he knew Shinichi's father well and Shinichi, he had to have known this by now, especially if Takagi knows. :grin: He still attempt's to protect his reputation.

Yeah, I reckon(or at least really, really hope) Takagi knows. He had to check the fingerprints on *Akai's corpse and yet he said that it matched Conan's and never mentioned Shinichi despite the fact that logically it should also match his fingerprints. There's also lots of evidence that Takagi used to be suspicious of Conan, there's no reason that after ep304 he would give up, if anything Conan's afterlife line should have made him more curious or triggered him figuring it out. And in more recent files Takagi will practically do anything Conan says, he may be trusted by the police but Conan still looks exactly like a seven year old(a creepy one but still..). Also

in the last DB case he almost certainly saw the tranqwatch and only looked mildly suprised that Conan had taken down two grown people singlehandedly. I'm pretty sure that proves something :mrgreen:

So, I sure hope Takagi knows :lol: ...or at the very least that people will write more fanfics about him figuring it out :mrgreen:

*I think Chekhov's Akai=Okiya theory is right, I'm just putting in 'Akai' so as to avoid any confusion

Confirming my point, he has to be a complete idiot to not know. All the pieces fit in the puzzle and the picture becomes clearer. :-D

^ Yeah, I agree with you.

Sometimes Conan is too obvious because he's too smart for a seven years old kid.

Yea that's what i think all time, the ending should be full of surprises as to how many people around him figured it out that we didn't know did...

I think everybody realizes that Conan is too smart for a seven year old, but most of them don't have enough pieces to put the puzzle together. Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if Gin knew all along? Anyone ever wonder exactly how Kaitou Kid knows? They never really bothered to explain it in the movies... I bet Jodie at least thinks he's Shinichi, and then probably the rest of the F.B.I., and maybe the C.I.A... Eisuke might have told his sister. I'd love a twist!

First of all, the F.B.I probably don't know who Kudo is. They are all, after all, American.

Anyone ever wonder exactly how Kaitou Kid knows? They never really bothered to explain it in the movies...

Gosho actually answered this question. The answer: he searched! tongue.gif

but they have been investigating the BO for some time now, and even had people on the inside( Akai) I would wonder why this kid knows so much, especially about the BO, and if Jodie know( like i think she does) why not the head people in the FBI? Wouldn't the CIA also know about apotoxin drug, along with Sherry's disappearance. Then could it be possible if they knew about Kudo? Eisuke knew about Conan's secret easily, why not others? :mellow: