Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Current Favorite Television Shows?

I get the medical language, but it's just as predictable and formulaic as Detective Conan.  Not really my cup of tea.

There's even a friend of mine that'll be participating in a 7-year pre-med program next year, so he's no slouch, and he "hates House with a passion" (his exact words).  In the same way as a musician I still dislike Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, doctors can very easily dislike medical dramas like House.

And Sherlock disappointed me with the second half of the first episode, so I didn't even get close to season three.

Such high standards we all have, but since I watch stuff on the net which I would argue is not entirely legal I somehow feel obligated to see to its end for the authors' sake :P . However I'm having second thoughts about this principle after Mahouka. :(

Such high standards we all have, but since I watch stuff on the net which I would argue is not entirely legal I somehow feel obligated to see to its end for the authors' sake :P . However I'm having second thoughts about this principle after Mahouka. :(

Why did you have to remind me of our one true savior, Jesus Tatsuya Onii-sama????

JesusTatsuya.jpg

(there's even a circlejerk subreddit for him, that's how bad it is)

BBC Sherlock Like whoa. Excuse me while I go cry under a cloud of despair under 2017 rolls around, thnx

Vampire Diaries It's a show about teen drama, the dreaded love triangle, vampires, and hot models. It's actually really enjoyable though (<-- person who binged through 4 seasons in 2 weeks)

The 100 Only got to the beginning of the second season, but it's pretty good. Have yet to see the Bellarke hype everyone and their grandma's going crazy over. can I just say bellamy looks a lot better in action than he does in those posters cuz heyyy

I binged on all of Game of Thrones a while ago, and I suppose it's the first story-driven non-weeb show I can confidently say I really like.

Am I a normal person now???

17 hours ago, Kirsch said:

BBC Sherlock Like whoa. Excuse me while I go cry under a cloud of despair under 2017 rolls around, thnx

I still have to watch BBC Sherlock. :3 Is it really good?

19 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

I guess, i will have to go with modern family

Oh yay! Join the fam~ I haven't been following it lately though since I just watch it when it comes on TV. What season are you on?

10 hours ago, .MK. said:

I still have to watch BBC Sherlock. :3 Is it really good?

Ummmmmmmmm I want to say yes but I don't feel that yes is a sufficient answer... *dies* (again)

13 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

i finished the lat one

i never miss an episode

Nice. I wish I could say the same thing; it's a really fun show.

13 hours ago, .MK. said:

Okay :P *puts this one too in the bucket list*

Yeah, that's more like it. While you're on it, add NCIS and House to that list too. Or have you already watched those?

1 hour ago, Kirsch said:

Yeah, that's more like it. While you're on it, add NCIS and House to that list too. Or have you already watched those?

Yeah sure. I might end up finishing watching all those in a day or two

On 6/1/2016 at 11:30 PM, Akazora said:

I binged on all of Game of Thrones a while ago, and I suppose it's the first story-driven non-weeb show I can confidently say I really like.

Am I a normal person now???

Who's your favorite character? 

Modern Family,  Black-ish, Vikings, and Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown 

I'll probably get into GoT sometime in the future 

On 6/2/2016 at 0:38 AM, Neo Balthazar said:

Yes

R8qWuDi.jpg

Oh thank goodness

1 hour ago, machine said:

Who's your favorite character? 

Hmm, I guess Arya has to be my overall favorite character, though there are quite a few other characters I like (and, uhh, have liked) such as Tyrion, Ser Barristan, Oberyn, Olenna, Tywin, and Sam.

Planning to watch Doctor Who.

Heard too many great things about it.

===

EDIT

Already started watching it and I'm really hooked. I'm a whovian, TARDIS lover, now :P

By far, I'm in love it (Love the scene when they broke the fourth wall when they talked about TARDIS [which looks like a 1960's police box] never getting noticed by people from other timeline)

But it doesn't mean that the Series is not-flawed or anything. Just like with anything you love.

My problem is that there are scenes that have way too much overacting and there are also scenes where the pacing is wonky and it comes across as awkward. I mean like your friend just died awhile ago and a normal human would be kinda depressed over it for awhile but what the heck? you already moved on?

But again, couldn't blame the storywriter coz you have to fit in a story inside a 40 minute length which is hard to do. (But then again, Adventure Time was able to fit a story perfectly in a 10 minute length. Yes, a 10 minute length.)

You ever watch the right show at the right time? I watched the first season of Bojack Horseman recently, and I really liked it. The first half of the season is pretty different from the second half, so if you decide to watch it, definitely stick through the first 6 episodes before dropping it. By that time you'll be used to the humor, and the show takes a bit of a more serious turn around there that's worth sticking around for. 
What I meant by that opening line there though is that even though none of the characters in Bojack Horseman are especially relatable, the sentiments the characters hold at some points can be relatable. There's a few lines throughout the first season that struck a chord with me, and reminded me of some things I should probably be more aware of. Also, BH's humor just sits really well with me since it's pretty dry, and it's been a while since I've watched something with these type of jokes. I'm just glad I finally sat down and started this show when I did. Hopefully the 2nd and 3rd seasons won't be disappointing in comparison to the 1st season...
Oh and the opening is gr8

edit: Finished season 2. I don't zone out when watching shows per se, but I definitely don't think about much when watching stuff usually, and now that I'm sitting back and thinking about everything that happened, BH's melancholic tone is really hitting me. It got relatable, and even though what the characters have going on is really exaggerated, it's the sort of thing where they'll say something in the midst of a scene, and that one line will just stick with you. Some of the episodes felt like watching a car crash. You get a vague feeling that something's gonna happen, and then you watch everything play out, and it's always somehow worse than you expected, and even though you're on the sidelines of the entire thing, just experiencing it from there is more unpleasant than you thought it'd be. I like this show a lot, but goddamn does it make you feel awful at times.... 

Been watching Parks and Rec a lot lately because it'll be leaving Netflix like October 1st iirc and for the longest time it was my go-to background noise show. I wanted to legitimately watch it a bit before it left but... I'm not sure if I genuinely like the show all that much c':