Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case
|Title:||The Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case|
|Japanese Title:|| 社長令嬢誘拐事件|
(Shachō Reijō Yūkai Jiken)
|Original airdate:|| January 15, 1996 |
April 11, 2009 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||Volume 1: Files 2-5 (002-005)|
|English Title:||The Kidnapped Debutante|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 2|
|English airdate:||May 25, 2004|
|Cast:|| Conan Edogawa |
|Suspects:||"A man dressed in black"|
|Case solved by:|| Conan Edogawa |
|Next Conan's Hint:||Ice|
|Technical Director:||Toshiya Shinohara|
|Animation Director:||Masatomo Sudo|
|Opening song:||Mune ga Dokidoki|
|Closing song:||STEP BY STEP|
|Prev episode:||« Roller Coaster Murder Case|
|Next episode:||An Idol's Locked Room Murder Case »|
|List of episodes|
The Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case resolves the situation left by the previous episode, and introduces the new status quo.
 Characters introduced
Shinichi realizes that the poison shrunk him, and after making it home, asks Professor Agasa for help. Agasa warns that to stay safely hidden from the men in black, Shinichi can tell no one else, even Ran - who coincidentally shows up, intending to check on Shinichi. Agasa convinces her to look after Shinichi, who tells her his name is Conan Edogawa. On the way to her house, Ran confides to Conan that she really likes Shinichi, but Conan's reply is interrupted by Ran's father rushing outside on the trail of a case. He brags that he's been hired to find a CEO's daughter, who was kidnapped by a "man in black". Conan sneaks along in case it is a lead, followed by Ran, who explains Conan's situation to Kogoro. Kogoro can't kick them out of a moving taxi, so simply orders them to stay out of the way.
According to the butler, Asao, CEO Tani's daughter Akiko was taken from the house's garden by a man in black, who escaped without alerting any of the guard dogs on the premises. The kidnapper demands that the CEO shut down his company for a while, as well as deliver a large ransom.
 Episode Resolution: The New Status Quo
 Manga to anime changes
- The younger Shinichi is in a medical center at Tropical Land whereas in the anime he runs off after being awoken by the police.
- In the manga, Tani immediately puts the vacation plans with Akiko on hold (much to the latter's disappointment). The anime leaves this scene out.
- Rather than showing Conan being introduced to his new class (with Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta as students), the manga version of the story end with Conan reflecting on how he is incapable of fighting the bad guys in his younger form.
 Dub changes
- The names of the characters in the Funimation Dub are:
- Tani - Mr. Tanner
- Akiko Tani - Michelle Tanner
- In the English Dub, Ran pointed out that Kogoro did not have a case, with him responding that he polished off a case (a case of beer), whereas in the Japanese Version, Ran states that his messy office is why Eri left him and why Kogoro hasn't had work with him responding that he's selective with his job. In the dub, Eri / Eva Kaden is not mentioned until the Coffee Shop Murder Case.
- In the English Dub, Conan blushes during Ran's hug because he was that close to her, whereas in the Japanese Version he blushed because he felt her chest.
 Remastered version
On April 11, 2009, a remastered version of the case was aired.
Shinichi wonders what happened to his clothes, and why the security guard called him "little boy".
Shinichi can't get into his house, but luckily Professor Agasa can help, once Shinichi proves his identity via a brief deduction show.
"Those men are bound to come looking for you if they find out you're still alive! You must tell no one your true identity or what happened! Not even Ran!"
- The manga version of this story marks the debut of Professor Agasa and Kogoro Mouri.
- This is the first episode that the victim is kidnapped.
 See also
|Episodes of Season 1|
|Episode 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28|