An Idol's Locked Room Murder Case is a third episode of Case Closed
 Characters introduced
 Gadgets introduced
Conan declines to walk home from school with classmates Ayumi, Genta, and Mitsuhiko. He arrives at the Mouri Detective Agency to see that without work, Kogoro spent all day drinking beer and watching his favorite popstar, Yoko Okino, on TV. When a client arrives during one of her shows, Kogoro even tries to make them return later — until he realizes that the client is Yoko Okino herself, accompanied by her manager. Kogoro quickly makes himself presentable and hears her concerns about a recent stalker. He agrees to investigate at her apartment, and Ran and Conan tag along. Ayumi, Genta, and Mitsuhiko were watching the agency and also follow, so when the front door opens everyone sees the body on the floor inside.
||Yoko Okino's apartment
|| Akiyoshi Fujie
| Cause of death:
|| Stab wound
|| Yoko Okino, Yuko Ikezawa, and Eiichi Yamagishi
| Upon opening the door to Yoko Okino's apartment to investigate a series of pranks and a possible stalker, Conan and the others discovered Fujie lying dead on the floor with a knife in his back.
 Manga to anime changes
- In the anime, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta introduce themselves to Conan and follows him on the case. The Detective Boys don't appear in the manga until the haunted mansion case in the next volume.
- In the manga, Ran suspects that Shinichi's absence might have to due with the two men in black that he pursued and planned to call the police. In the anime she merely plans to report his absence to the police without any mention of the men in black.
- Conan's deduction is flawed, because if the victim fell backwards on the ice, the knife would be underneath him, not on top of him. However, it could be possible that he flipped himself when he is stabbed, after all this is not an instant death.
- This is Eiichi Yamagishi's first appearance, his second appearance is On Location, TV Drama Murder Case.
- Also the first episode that the victim is stabbed.
 See also