Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

OMM: it was snowing earlier today??

(or yesterday, I guess)

OMM2: it feels like this website is out to get me, I swear

what is going on

maaaaaaan

must be nice reading comics 

It is. There's a site I found where I can read them at. 

OMM 1: That new Pesona 5 pv though... (I'm calling it, "bishoujo kaito 'adieu'" girl is gonna be best girl; the redhead with oversized glasses and headphones is already overhyped) I'm disappointed the guy with the gray blazer and striped tie in the new promo art wasn't in the pv, but maybe we'll find out more about him at E3. The game'll be out in Japan in September, so hopefully NA's release won't be too long after. I'm curious how the new gameplay will be received though since P3 and P4's dungeons were fairly straight forward, but the new ones look more interactive and flashy

OMM 2: Ratboy Genius is a thing apparently... I'm mildly uncomfortable, but I'm not about to stop watching it any time soon

OMM 3: There are people out there that have never had canker sores, nor will ever get them

this isn't fair

tumblr_m42rsz2qH91r58lid.png

Yeah, it's a series that never naturally appealed to me and one that my friends never played, so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out (not to mention I hear it can be a bit of a time sink).  I'll check out the mobile app and if it interests me I'll consider getting a future Animal Crossing game, one that comes out on the next gen home or handheld console.

That's the only official news we have on the NX.  I believe it was mentioned officially twice prior: once to say it existed (a little over a year ago) and a second time to dispel rumors that it would be featured at 2015's E3.  There's enough speculation on the specs and "gimmick" of the console to fill the Atlantic Ocean, with new "leaks" popping up every week, but none of those rumors have been confirmed true.  You haven't really been missing much unless you're into speculation like that, haha.

Not including the Humble Bundle games, not including the games I'm in the middle of (Fire Emblem Fates, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem Awakening (replay), Pokemon Pearl (long story...)), not including games I've been meaning to replay (Star Fox Adventures), not including old games I'm considering playing (the Mother series, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3), and not including never ending games (Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart), these are the games I still need to play: Majora's Mask, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Code Name: STEAM, Shin Megami Tensei IV (and its sequel), and the unreleased games Zero Time Dilemma and Pokemon Sun/Moon.  And everything I've listed I've already purchased, so yeah.  I plan on finishing them all.  Before school starts at the end of August (for everything barring Sun/Moon) would be ideal, but I've also been meaning to watch some anime, sooo.........

Yeah.. calling AC a time sink sounds about right. In New Leaf, you'll get a badge once you clock in 500 hours, and if you play a bit every day, or play in binges, it's not hard to rack up that many hours at all, especially if you have friends you can play the game with. It's not niche, but AC is one of those things people tend to either love or hate, so hopefully the app will make a nice first impression for those unfamiliar with the franchise, and will also be appealing to those who have been fans of the series for a long time. 

I see. There'll probably be more news about the NX come E3 right?

...That's a lot of hours. How do you even have time to anything aside from video games Are you going to play them all through once and move on, or are you gong the completionist route, and will put in the extra time to get all endings/items?

Surgery of any kind frightens me.  Even just the talk about blood and flesh can get me queasy, which is why I was feeling anxious.

...what did you do when your class did dissections then? Opt out? 

Good to hear everything went alright though!

the redhead with oversized glasses and headphones is already overhyped

I'm not following Persona, but she's the one that looks like an Inkling girl right?

I see. There'll probably be more news about the NX come E3 right?

Well, the thing is, Nintendo already confirmed that E3 will focus on Zelda for Wii U/NX and will not feature the NX, soooo...

image_1.jpg

...That's a lot of hours. How do you even have time to anything aside from video games Are you going to play them all through once and move on, or are you gong the completionist route, and will put in the extra time to get all endings/items?

I don't.  But I'll probably just try to get through them all as quickly as possible.  I'll only take my time with a game if it especially catches my interest, but considering I've played virtually nothing by FE: Fates for the past three months (clocking in just under 200 hours for the three routes combined, according to my Activity Log), I definitely can't afford to do that for every game on my to-do list.

Thanks!  And I never had to dissect anything in high school.  I cut up a frog to label body parts and stuff in some summer course a couple years ago, but for some reason it didn't bother me.  Maybe it's because it wasn't bloody, just really smelly.

--

OMM: Gonna start Majora's Mask 3D today; pretty excited about that!

1351795545591s.jpg

5 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

so what does everyone think about this new look

i miss my friends list

WHAT IS THIS

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

LIKE THIS LOOKS SO SLEEK BUT WHAT

I just decided to drop by and I'm met with this totally different DCW Forum. I had to check site addresses a few times to make sure I'm in the right place because, whoa, Maurice really revamped the place. I really like it, design-wise (yay minimalist), though I haven't done my fair share of exploring yet to comment on usage and stuff.

(Wonder what else is missing? Friends list, for one. Are the signatures gone too? Is there a way to get those back? What's going to happen to the Rate Avatar/Sig Above You thread? WHY IS CHANGE SO OVERWHELMING??)

(And Maurice, if you're reading this: thankyouthankyouthankyou for maintaining DCW even after all these years :D )

==

EDIT: Observations so far:

• Old quotes, signatures are gone. New quotes work, but now it'll be harder to read through and understand old threads. Might be especially significant in the DC Anime/Manga discussions since they heavily utilize quotes.
  • Oh man DCW looks so modern it's like seeing your baby all grown up okay this just got weird real fast
  • The "All Activity" tab mashes together the old "New Content" and "Status Updates" wall. (I think this design is to accommodate for slower traffic?)
  • Emoticons are automatic now B) 
  • Images are the same, though the buttons are on the button instead of the top and it's organized a bit differently.
  • Now we have this "Attachments" feature. Haven't used it yet, though I'm thinking it makes it easier to pull up previously uploaded pics (Wordpress has a similar function.)
  • The BBC code feature in the posting box isn't there anymore (or I can't find it). Idek what technologically clueless people like me are gonna do—I can't memorize codes for the life of me.
  • I'm inclined to mention the Rep button looks very clickable. (I'm seriously tempted to go around repping a bunch of posts just for the satisfaction. Don't ask.)
  • Haven't quite figured out the changes made to profiles yet. Can't seem to find the repped content, bio, (some fields of) user info, etc. May just be me—I'll keep looking.
  • There's a convenient "Create" button up top.
  • I think there are less features in Settings?
  • The top "Detective Conan World" header is linked to the forums instead of site home.
  • No "HOT" labels, which I like. (Idek what the algorithm for that was, but it made no sense.)
  • Less emphasis on unread threads, which I don't really like. Sometimes we need that extra pressure to click through all the threads and post.
  • The design is modern and not quite minimalist like I'd said, but definitely far simpler than the old design. I can't say enough how much I love this new style, but I do miss some of the old graphics.
  • No more "Moderators," "Top Users," "Highest Rep Content," etc. Again, I haven't fully explored everything yet, but I think a lot of less-used features were cut and the site has become more compact overall.
  • Why do all the buttons look so clickable?

I think that's enough for right now.

TL;DR: whoa change

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

2/10 all change is bad change
Perhaps it's because I'm still feeling things out at the moment, but my initial response has been slightly negative. Not overwhelmingly so, but my nitpicks are starting to add up. I'm very tired though, and my browser's been giving me grief, so some nitpicks may be undeserved/exaggerated. I really like the new way to add images to posts though. 

On 5/24/2016 at 9:58 AM, Akazora said:

the redhead with oversized glasses and headphones is already overhyped

I'm not following Persona, but she's the one that looks like an Inkling girl right?

Thanks!  And I never had to dissect anything in high school.  I cut up a frog to label body parts and stuff in some summer course a couple years ago, but for some reason it didn't bother me.  Maybe it's because it wasn't bloody, just really smelly.

Yep! Her name's Futaba Sakura, and she plays the role of the navigator. All we know about her personality so far is that she's an antisocial, programming prodigy. Her character design has been very divisive so far too, so it'll be interesting to see how her backstory changes people's opinions of her. The navigators in Persona 3 and Persona 4 have been somewhat love-or-hate, and, for better or worse, it seems like Sakura will be like that as well.

You didn't have to do any in middle school? I don't think any of the high schools where I've lived have dissections outside of specific electives, but it's still a bit weird to hear that the only one you did was in a summer course. My grade school did quite a few over the years, the worst being a fetal pig in 7th grade. I opted out of that one for a few reasons, one of which being that I'd have to break the jaw if I was to participate.. Don't know how bloody the whole dissection process was since they shoo'd me out of the room when it came time to "work" on them, but I do know that the little tins they laid in were pretty gross by the end of the week tumblr_m42rn8fMPF1r58lid.jpg

OMM: So this is why the forum was down the past couple days....

OMM 2: It's June tumblr_m42qzrJMNM1r58lid.jpg 

We have reached level 36. DCW evolved.

@Kirsch: you can also now view whatever someone posts in a thread on a profile? Or is it just yourself? Stalkers rejoice XD

12 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

I love it but I wish there's a way to turn off the WYSIWYG reply box editor so that I could back up whatever I was writing.

@Akazora - Hey since you are an awesome gamer. Do you know any awesome time-killing games that I could play in an iPhone? I've been travelling long distance a lot lately and I just want a to have something to kill time off other than listening to music.

On My Mind #1: Love the new DCW design :D

On My Mind #2: Went with my family to my mom's province for a family reunion and met my cousins and had a good jolly time. Haven't seen them really in awhile. Also, went to one of my Highschool classmate's debut which is also a heck to travel to. And havent seen most of my highschool friends in a while too. To round it off, I'll be freaking out of town again this saturday. This has and is gonna be a tiring but fun week.

Just now, .MK. said:

I see :3

I haven't played DotA in awhile

I played it and I want to be a professional gamer in DoTA 2. My favorite heroes are Chaos Knight, Phoenix, Riki, and Viper

6 hours ago, Strawberry Knight said:

We have reached level 36. DCW evolved.

@Kirsch: you can also now view whatever someone posts in a thread on a profile? Or is it just yourself? Stalkers rejoice XD

Can you not? I can, though "Find Content" was always a feature we had. And yes, soy stalker pro B)

Observations Cont:

- Videos are automatic now too (along with images). Super convenient, tho idk if we still have the range of options the BBC drop down gave us.

- Mobile version isn't too different aesthetically.

- Yay sound effects!!

24 minutes ago, Kirsch said:

Can you not? I can, though "Find Content" was always a feature we had. And yes, soy stalker pro B)

Observations Cont:

- Videos are automatic now too (along with images). Super convenient, tho idk if we still have the range of options the BBC drop down gave us.

- Mobile version isn't too different aesthetically.

- Yay sound effects!!

Its BB Code not BBC code :V