Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Japanese Classroom

i give up on understanding my computer XD i'll just see if i can find any other links...

Kiel-chan!! Try again 0eeeff42.gif! Check the links I provided again 016.gif!

smiley.gif

LOL! Isn't that smiley from DCTP 07baa27a.gif?

i dont get ぎ''. So if you add a ' at the end it changes?

Umm... can you explain more clearly Cheesus-kun th_104_.gif? Is there some errors in the lesson 5c745924.gif?

i just dont understand.

So you have kiぎ and if you add ' to the end of it it changes the last letter so like ka,ko,ke

No, no, no!

You have き, if you add this " to the letter -> き -> ぎ it sound will turn to 'gi'.

Did I make it clear 023.gif, Cheesus-kun?

oh i see... btw ill upload books fo the class after everyone has an understanding of the characters

also how does "e" sound like? I mean cause i has the same sound as e

so what if its past tense. what would it end like?

Mmmm... since Kenny-sensei isn't available yet, I guess I will answer to this, Cheesus-kun.

The past tense ends in 'mashita' for the polite form and 'ta' for the plain form.

Following the previous examples "私 は りんご を食べいます (watashi wa ringo wo tabete imasu -> I'm eating an apple)"

• Watashi wa ringo wo tabemashita (polite) -> I ate an apple.
  • (Watashi wa) ringo wo tabeta (plain) -> I ate an apple.

In case you are wondering why I put 'watashi wa' in the brackets.. it's because, in Japanese, the object (as well as the subect) can be omitted when it is known or obvious. Here was because it was obvious, and 'watashi' is formal and it's quite awkward putting it with the plain past 'ta'. <- I wonder if what I said makes sense.

Oh, just some additional information... If you want to say, 'I was eating an apple', this is how you say it -> 'ringo wo tabete ita [plain]' and as for the polite form -> 'ringo wo tabete imashita.'

'WAKARIMASHITA' <- I guess you heard this said by officer Takagi a lot :P Literally meaning; 'understood!'

I'm so lame in explaining stuff, that's why I said it would be best to wait for Kenny-sensei :(.

question:

i know います takes place in the present. But lately i have been having these sentences in my Learning program that give me sentences that do not end in imasu. Im trying to figure out if its past or present tense.

Also. かれわ (kare wa) refers to I as a guy(am i right?) and kanojo wa refers to I as a girl(am i right?). but ive been also getting senteces reffering to kids. i think it was kadomo(かども). Am i right?

います in past tense is いました.

Example sentence:

*私はさっきからずっと走っていました

*I have been running for a while.

Karewa(彼は)and Kanojo (彼女は)doesn't mean "I," they mean:

Karewa: He (is)

Kanojowa: She (is)

Also keep this in mind. When writing/typing "wa" after nouns (kare, kanojo, karera etc...) write/type it as は(ha). Why? I don't know, just a rule that's been in effect for thousands of years.

BTW, ANNOUNCEMENT!

Here is a blog/archive Kaoko created containing every lesson that's happened in this thread for everyone's reference. I'll occasionally post an odd lesson (like the one above) from time to time so you guys may want to keep an eye on it.

http://kk-japanese.blogspot.com/

@Kenny: Gasp! I made a mistake! Because of the lessons I just posted and because I was so tired that day I quite didn't notice that Cheesus actually referred to 'I' instead of 'she' and 'he'... *sigh*. So sorry :(!

Thanks for the announcement, Kenny-sensei! I'll be putting the URL in the first post :).

Now moving on to lesson 8... Hiragana KU (and GU)!

Hiragana: Lesson 8 - 'く' [ku] & 'ぐ' [gu]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_KU.png

く, in hiragana, or ク in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, which each represent one mora. Both represent [ku͍], and their shapes come from the kanji 久.

Pronunciation:

'く' is romanized 'ku'

Word beginning with 'く':

1. 雲 = も (kumo -> cloud)
  2. 蜘蛛 = も (kumo -> spider)
  3. 頚 = び (kubi -> neck)
  4. 口 = ち (kuchi -> mouth)
  5. 黒 = ろ (kuro -> black)
  6. 国 = に (kuni -> country)
  7. 熊 = ま (kuma -> bear)

Stroke order:

137px-%E3%81%8F-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%8F_stroke_order_animation.gif

Same with the two previous lessons (か [ka] & き [ki]), the Japanese character 'ku く' can easily be modified/change to 'gu 'ぐ'' by adding a dakuten (two small little curve) at the top on the right: く + " = ぐ (look below)

160px-%E3%81%90-bw.png

Pronunciation:

'ぐ' is romanized 'gu'.

Word beginning with 'ぐ':

1. ぐらい (gurai -> about; around [time])
  2. る (guruguru -> turning round and round)

Note: You shall write 'く' & 'ぐ' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. If you want, like with the previous lesson, write 'く' 70 times and 'ぐ' 30 times :P. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation, etc. And after you've done that, write 'か', 'き', and 'く' one after each (か, き, く, か, き, く, etc.) 50 times (100 if you have time).

• Upvote 2

Now for the 4th letter from the 'k' section; 'け' [ke] (and 'げ')!

Hiragana: Lesson 9 - 'け' [ke] & 'げ' [ge]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_KE.png

け, in hiragana, or ケ in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, each of which represents one mora. Both represent [ke]. The shape of these kana come from the kanji 計 and 介, respectively.

Pronunciation:

'け' is romanized 'ke'

Word beginning with 'け':

1. 結婚 = っこん (kekkon -> marriage)
  2. 刑事 = いじ (keiji -> (police) detective)
  3. 警部 = いぶ (keibu -> inspector)
  4. けち臭い = ちくさい (kechikusai -> mean; stingy [adj.])

Stroke order:

240px-%E3%81%91-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%91_stroke_order_animation.gif

Same with the previous 'k's lessons, a dakuten (I just realised what it is called -> gonna edit the rest of the previous lessons :P) may be added to this character; this changes it to 'げ' [ge] in hiragana. け + " = げ (look below)

240px-%E3%81%92-bw.png

Pronunciation:

'げ' is romanized 'ge'.

Word with 'げ':

1. 元気 = げんき (genki -> spirit; health - ex. o-genki desu ka? Literally meaning: Are you healthy? -> but usually translated to -> How are you? ^^)

Note: You shall write 'け' & 'げ' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. If you want, like with the previous lessons, write 'け' 70 times and 'げ' 30 times . Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc. And after do that, write 'か', 'き', 'く', and 'け', one after the other repetitively (か, き, く, け, か, き, く, け, etc.) 50 times (100 if you have time).

I am seeing if there's any mistake...

• Upvote 1

こんにちは、みなさん!

I've found a good site to help you to improve your Japanese!

Guide to Japanese

You can learn from basic or even in advance level!

日本語を勉強しよう、みんな!

よろしく :razz:

I will check it out when I have time f6eb47d3.gif. Ahoy, and welcome TNA-CHAN f529a952.gif!

I am sorry...but I prefer Kaoko-san's lessons...

Thank you for your kind words, Xtion-kun 064.gif. I am glad you liked my lessons f529a952.gif.

Haha it's okay, I also follow Kaoko's lessons :grin:

Welcome aboard.

How do you say 'welcome aboard' in Japanese :grin: ?

Hiragana: Lesson 10 - 'こ' [ko] & 'ご' [go]

Now for the last character of the 'k' section... 'こ' [ko]!

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_KO.png

こ, in hiragana, or コ in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, each of which represents one mora. Both represent IPA: [ko]. The shape of these kana comes from the kanji 己.

Pronunciation:

'こ' is romanized 'ko'

Word beginning with 'こ':

1. 子 = (ko -> child)
  2. れ (kore -> this one: indicating an item near the speaker)
  3. ここ (koko -> here)
  4. 答える = たえる (kotaeru -> to answer; to reply)
  5. んにちわ (konnichiwa -> hello (daytime greeting))
  6. 子ども = ども (kodomo -> children (ko + domo = children))

Stroke order:

180px-%E3%81%93-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%93_stroke_order_animation.gif

Same with the previous 'k's lessons, a dakuten may be added to this character; this changes it to 'ご' [go] in hiragana. こ + " (dakuten) = ご (look below)

200px-%E3%81%94-bw.png

Pronunciation:

'ご' is romanized 'go' (and pronounced 'go' as in 'gorilla.' :P)

Word with 'げ':

1. 五 = (go -> five)

Note: You shall write 'こ' & 'ご' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. If you want, like with the previous lessons, write 'こ' 70 times and 'ご' 30 times . Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.

And after do that, revise all of the characters in the 'k'section 'か', 'き', 'く', 'け', and 'こ'. Repeat (write) them one after an other repetitively ('か', 'き', 'く', 'け', 'こ', 'か', 'き', 'く', 'け', 'こ', etc.) 100 times.

I will post the revision of 'k' section in a short time (hopefully).

PS. Who can read this? -> かおこ :P Put the answer in a spoiler box ^_^

I am seeing if there's any mistake...

• Upvote 1