Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Japanese Classroom

Can I join? I know like.. 6 words in Romanji type, my computer doesn't have Japanese downloaded, I really want it though. :unsure: I know: Nii-chan, onee-sama. *Sighs* I can't remember anymore.. I only know those because friends on the Internet always call friends brother and sisters..

You are always welcome.^^

ぁ = A

ぃ = I

ぅ = U

ぇ = E

ぉ = O

Right?

^yup.

As Always...

Let me join please!

Please be free to ask your questions..^^

what's the meaning of these sentences? (just got stumbled into them...)

just curious: these were the only ones without translation (i think they forgotten it ^_^")

テレビを見ながら、晩ご飯を食べます。

歩きながら、歌を歌います。

Tnx! ^^

テレビを見ながら、晩ご飯を食べます。

=While watching Television, I'm eating my dinner.

歩きながら、歌を歌います。

=While walking,I'm singing a song.

I noticed there are many types of kanji such as for names and writing when I try to type japanese with my computer.

Well, my question is, is kanji for names and for writing different?

Looks like I've been slacking off and had abandon you guys lately... gomen ne, minna 875328cc.gif! But now, I'm back, and I'd be working on the lessons again ali_033.gif! Wait for me!

Oh, and I'll try to reply to all of you soon, hopefully JFBQ00184070402A.gif.

And of course, you are all in by default (to the new guys who recently wanna join) yociexpress01.gif!

Okairinasai, Kaoko-san!

I've noticed the term '[insert name]- chan' used a lot. Does it mean friend or something else?

The suffix [name]-chan is usually used for close friends.

Besides that, the suffix [name]-san is used to talk to someone formally.

I hope this helps. . .

I noticed there are many types of kanji such as for names and writing when I try to type japanese with my computer.

Well, my question is, is kanji for names and for writing different?

Okairinasai, Kaoko-san!

The suffix [name]-chan is usually used for close friends.

Besides that, the suffix [name]-san is used to talk to someone formally.

I hope this helps. . .

Thank you very much... And also what does [name]-kun mean? Kaito-Kun is used a lot XD

Thank you very much... And also what does [name]-kun mean? Kaito-Kun is used a lot XD

The suffix [name]-kun is a 'cute' way of calling someone. It is normally used when girls are talking to boys and old people talking to children.

But I think it's better you ask Kaoko.

The suffix [name]-kun is a 'cute' way of calling someone. It is normally used when girls are talking to boys and old people talking to children.

But I think it's better you ask Kaoko.

By the way, some of my friends said that [name]-kun is your best friend, and [name]-chan is used for something cute...

By the way, some of my friends said that [name]-kun is your best friend, and [name]-chan is used for something cute...

-chan is used mostly with girls and cute things, but you can use them for cute stuff too.

-kun is used mostly with boys~

KKLT-chan said this, hope it helps more than mine~ XD:

kun doesn't really mean little brother. But it is usually used to refer to younger boys or by girls to refer to boys their age or of the same status. Sometimes, kun can also be used to refer to girls who seem to command more respect or girls who are more boyish. It is a casual way to call a guy. (From my understanding)

For sister, the basic/standard is onee-san. chan is a cuter way to refer to girls or a cuter way to refer to people whom they want to feel close to. (E.g. Shinichi's mother calls him Shin-chan instead of kun). If you watch shows in the olden era, you might hear younger people calling their sisters Ane or Ani(brother) which seems similar to Korean. They add a -ue behind instead of -san for a more formal address.

For older brother: Onii-san. :P -chan is another way to add a post-fix. The O- prefix is also a way to suggest respect. Many nouns and greetings of japanese start with an O-. Let's say, Oyasumi, Ohayou, Otousan, Okaasan, Otearai, Okaeri, Okane...

Father: Otousan

Mother: Okaasan

Aunt: Obasan

Uncle: Ojisan

Granny: Obaasan

Gramps: Ojiisan

Younger sis: Imoto

Younger Brother: Otouto

Something like that. Please correct me if wrong.

Hello, may I join? I've always wanted to learn Japanese. I've tried taking lessons online, but that didn't work out so well due to my laziness and lack of patience. xD I know some simple Japanese words (e.g. hello, goodbye, thank you ect.), and can read and write in Kanji since I'm Chinese, but that's about it.

Id like to join!

As i said in my intro topic, i will be moving to japan on Jan 15th 2014. 

I suck at Japanese, and i need to learn it. At least enough to be able to understand people. 

Everyone can join~ CC:

Sweet! I want to learn more~ XD I need some revision too... I'm heading to Japan again this Spring! XDDD

Onegaishimasu!!!

YOU'RE GOING TO JAPAN?!??? (DDD': Without me?? lol jks)  Soo jealous!! >.< Lucky youuu~~

Sou, sou, watashi need some (a lot) or revision too!!