Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 1,006–1,008: Maria Higashio’s Treasure Hunt and the Kudo Family Stalker

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

1,006 spoiler pics:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5348121263

Summary from Sakaki:

Spoiler

So basically Conan absence while Ran was on school trip Agasa was covering for him. Kogoro didn’t say anything because he knew if Ran heard Conan was sick she would have run back home (no he doenst know about Conan, just what Agasa told him) When Ran leaves for school Conan checks his phone and is overjoyed to have the message from Ran that she officially wants to be his gf. "Oh hell, it wasnt a dream!" He heads to Agasas house and is having good when ai calls him and is like “What the hell did did I tell you about standing out?!” (referring to Social media attention). Everyone knows that Shinichi solved the case. Huge crowd is in front of his home. Reports try to get infos since they thought that something happened to him. Okiya tries to fend them off. Conan and Ai freaking out. Conan is sick home, while Ai calls him from school Rumi asks Ai about Shinichi being back home since she lives next door. Conversation stops when Kobayashi comes to ask the kids a question. Maria Higashio didnshow up today and she wonders what happened to her. Everyone is a bit worried. Kids are going to her house to see what is going on. At he house a bunch of hints and arrows in her house indicating that there is a treasure to be found if Maria can solve it. Flashback to Conan/Agasa where they are trying to find out who posted those images, it’s a Kudo Family freak (so basically a stalker) The kids and Ai are looking around the house for Maria using the clues, all they can find is a collapsed bookshelf. Genta/Mitsu lit up, but she is not there. They find another note though “Depending on you to keep things neat and tidy”

I regret to inform you all that there will now be... a 3 week break. -_- You can expect 1,007 spoiler pics to come out on October 27th.

As for my own thoughts on 1,006...

Spoiler

When Ran leaves for school Conan checks his phone and is overjoyed to have the message from Ran that she officially wants to be his gf. "Oh hell, it wasnt a dream!"

It seems he replied to her last text towards the end of 1,005... either that, or she sent him this other text, and is still wondering when he'll respond to it and the one from 1,005.

He heads to Agasas house and is having good when ai calls him and is like “What the hell did did I tell you about standing out?!” (referring to Social media attention). Everyone knows that Shinichi solved the case. Huge crowd is in front of his home. Reports try to get infos since they thought that something happened to him. Okiya tries to fend them off. Conan and Ai freaking out.

Well, those of you who wanted the press and other people to show up at the Kudo house at Scarlet Showdown... over 100 files/3 years ago... here you—kinda—go. 

Conan is sick home, while Ai calls him from school Rumi asks Ai about Shinichi being back home since she lives next door.

Well, well—one of them is sick at a tense time...

Conversation stops when Kobayashi comes to ask the kids a question. Maria Higashio didnshow up today and she wonders what happened to her. Everyone is a bit worried. Kids are going to her house to see what is going on. At he house a bunch of hints and arrows in her house indicating that there is a treasure to be found if Maria can solve it. Flashback to Conan/Agasa where they are trying to find out who posted those images, it’s a Kudo Family freak (so basically a stalker) The kids and Ai are looking around the house for Maria using the clues, all they can find is a collapsed bookshelf. Genta/Mitsu lit up, but she is not there. They find another note though “Depending on you to keep things neat and tidy”

Hello, Maria—it's been awhile (well, at least since she wasn't just in the background (966)). Seems Gosho's going to follow the route that the case after Black Impact went (505–507/427–428).

Dang 3 week break that's a long time <_< oh well this case seems interesting seems gosho is really setting the stage for the finale of the rum arc and then start the final boss arc (since going by logic if rum is the closest to the bo boss and is his right hand man the bo boss arc is next realistically) 

10 hours ago, Detective Magic said:

Well, it's sad that there will be such a long break, but I guess we'll have to just deal with it, since we have no other option :)

8 hours ago, rere9991 said:

Dang 3 week break that's a long time <_<

Well, this is the third time he's taken a month-long break from DC this year:

1. File 993 releases: April 19th

File 994 releases: May 31st

2. File 996 releases: June 14th

File 997 releases: July 12th

3. File 1,006 releases: October 4th

File 1,007 releases: November 1st

8 hours ago, rere9991 said:

...seems gosho is really setting the stage for the finale of the rum arc and then start the final boss arc (since going by logic if rum is the closest to the bo boss and is his right hand man the bo boss arc is next realistically) 

That's the hope that we all share, I would say.

Would anyone be opposed to a Gin arc? (it would follow after the Rum arc, and the Gin arc would then be followed by the final/boss arc) I think that would be the one arc that would have the least amount of fans who would be immediately against it (assuming the Rum arc isn't the second-to-last arc of DC).

16 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Well, this is the third time he's taken a month-long break from DC this year:

1. File 993 releases: April 19th

File 994 releases: May 31st

2. File 996 releases: June 14th

File 997 releases: July 12th

3. File 1,006 releases: October 4th

File 1,007 releases: November 1st

That's the hope that we all share, I would say.

Would anyone be opposed to a Gin arc? (it would follow after the Rum arc, and the Gin arc would then be followed by the final/boss arc) I think that would be the one arc that would have the least amount of fans who would be immediately against it (assuming the Rum arc isn't the second-to-last arc of DC).

I don't mind the breaks I kind of use to the breaks so I know what to expect. Won't mind a Gin arc since it would be fun to figure out Gin's real name and what kind of job Gin does when he's not doing the BO dirty work. 

20 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

i hope it's combined then cause i'm one of those who can't wait for the end to get actual answers T_T

On 1.10.2017 at 7:05 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

I too wouldn't mind a Gin arc. I haven't really thought of something like that even existing. But since we know very little about Gin I think it would be great. And even though I am curious about the answers that will come with the ending of DC, I kind of want it not to end. Because if it ends, then we won't have anything new to talk about, then we can just talk about what has happened. So I think one more arc is good.

Spoiler

Welcome to the world of rapid stalkers and reporters after such a long time for Conan.

With Conan sick, it's the time for Detective Ai?

It's a bit random, but had Gosho feature drone in DC? Or he has not?

51 minutes ago, Kurara-chan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to the world of rapid stalkers and reporters after such a long time for Conan.

With Conan sick, it's the time for Detective Ai?

It's a bit random, but had Gosho feature drone in DC? Or he has not?

In terms of the manga, I don't think so.

Apologies for the double post.

Regrettably, we won't be getting 1,007 for 3 weeks—the text spoilers for it should come out on the 24th.

There's been no announcement—as of yet—as to the reason behind what will end up as a nearly 2 month break between the release of 1,006 and the release of 1,007.

The wait's over, everyone!

Here are the 1,007 text spoilers—brought to you by blogger Bomber D Rufi: https://wsstalkback.blogspot.com/

Spoiler

So in the chapter, Agasa and Conan figure out that it was during a news report of the tengu mystery's conclusion that Shinichi was caught on camera.

Heiji was also in the picture so now the press is at his school looking for him, and he's pissed lol.

"I went through the trouble of keeping my lips shut and this is what happens?!"

Heiji says he'll take care of things on his end while Conan figures out what to do for himself --not that he's sure of what to do.

The kids have cleaned up the bookshelf where Maria lives and get a clue telling them to head downstairs.

It cuts to Ran at school where the press has gathered --Sonoko's already calling ran Shinichi's wife.

Sera has the news on her phone and says Shinichi's a hot topic.

Also everyone is casually calling him her boyfriend, and she's not denying it anymore. Quite the development, I'd say.

Back to the kids who have found guest room. Genta comments on how cold it is though..

They find another hint leading them to a bathroom...

And once there tey find a note saying "Look after Bird-chan". It's one of those dipping bird dolls.

Y'know the ones that lean forward into water and then back up?

Anyway Haibara's not too sure but she feels like she's seen one of those before, and the kids suggest calling Conan.

Haibara really doesn't want to, lol.

Ah, Conan's trying to come up with a lie that Shinichi has a twin brother, and he was the one who died.

Obviously he's joking though, lol.

Haibara calls Conan a traitor and asks him for help over facetime.

They're not sure what to do with the bird and Conan's like "Did you try giving it water?"

And that's the end of the chapter.

Break next week—we can expect spoilers for 1,008 on December 8th.

EDIT:

Here are some 1,007 spoiler pics:

https://imgur.com/a/wLjPl/

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, AnimeOtakuDrew said:

It was a pretty interesting chapter, but after the long break we just got through, it's frustrating that Aoyama-sensei needs to take another next week. Hopefully it won't turn into another six week one.

Gonna be interesting to see how Shinichi manages the situation he's in. 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:57 PM, DCUniverseAficionado said:

It's probably going to involve Soshi Okita.

The obvious choice, no doubt, but I'd rather gosho take another route. 

13 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Mind specifying what that other route would be?

If you're asking if I have a better solution? then no, but the Okita route isn't very interesting to me. Not denying the possibility of it working either.

2 hours ago, Ryo said:

If you're asking if I have a better solution? then no, but the Okita route isn't very interesting to me. Not denying the possibility of it working either.

Alright, then what makes the Soshi route of solving this "not very interesting?"

Other than the doppelganger route, I just don't see how this is resolved—let alone immediately resolved.

Anyone have any ideas how Shinichi/Conan solves this without Soshi?

Okita helps him out, then what? that's it? idk, maybe I just thinking bigger picture than the usual stuff we get from DC. Unless he assists him, but a BO member isn't sold on the reasoning. If I had more time to dive into these past couple files, I'd probably give you a better answer, my bad.