Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 984-986: Eri Kisaki Victims Association

RULES

1. Please use spoiler boxes until a full English translation is available.

2. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler images are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Translation of File 984's text spoilers, by Spimer from DCTP:

File 984: Eri multiplies

A new film with Yoko Okino as the main star has hit the theaters yet Kogoro doesn't like it.

The reason is because the guy acting as her boyfriend in the movie is a lame detective and his personality is that he's always crying and begging Yoko to solve the cases in his stead.

He complains to Ran that if Eri saw this she'd surely tell him "he looks just like you" with her usual sarcasm: Ran checks her phone and sees that there's a friend request from Eri in the LINE app: she finds it odd because she's sure she'd already added her to her friend circle.

Still puzzled, she accepts the "add to group" request and finds out that several Eri imposters are showing there and there thus making things confusing.

In the meanwhile, the real Eri is attacked by a violent gang naming themselves "Kisaki Eri's Victim Association" and is knocked out: they kidnap her and stuff her in a bag inside of a car's trunk, to then carry her somwhere: but when they're there Eri uses a tomato juice which she carried to spill the attackers and creates an opening to flee: but all exits in the building she's at are locked.

She recalls about what Ran told her of a trick involving hiding a corpse behind some drawers so she find a spot to hide at. She wants to use the phone she stole from one of the attackers to call for help but she fears being discovered if she speaks at all.

She's forgotten Ran's email address but remembers her LINE ID so she tries to use and tries to establish contact with her: but the kidnappers where checking on the LINE app as well with Eri's phone and try to confuse Ran about which is the real one.

Will Ran & Conan & Kogoro be able to save Eri? And if they don't save her Kogoro will be sent videos about how the assaulters gangbang Eri?

Side-note: "Eri's greatest pinch ever has arrived! Gather your wits and save her!"

And here's an additional spoiler from 984, also translated by Spimer:

Assaulter B: "You're going to take her cellphone with you?"
Assaulter A: "Yeah.... I'm going to have her husband, that Mouri Kogorou, see shameful videos of his wife!"
Assaulter A: "What!?"  "And here I had it all ready to shoot some videos!"
(omission)
Assaulter C: "Hmpf... If she ran away... Think of it this way: now we can have fun trying to catch her... Well... Let's catch that female deer right away and peel off her skin, shall we...?"

EDIT:

Here are 984's spoiler pics:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4940276601?pn=1

EDIT (#2):

Here are 985's spoiler pics:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4946882415

And 985's text spoilers, translated by Spimer:

File 985: Eri, in a tight spot

Conan sees Eri's lawyer-style writing in using "," (western commas) instead of "、" (Japanese commas) and realizes these messages in the chat come from the real Eri.

Eri hears the kidnappers say aloud that they've hacked into the chat so she sends a mysterious set of messages:

"I'm, cooking crab but"
"as a result two swordfishes,"
"look yummy..."
"Tonight, is bright so"
"should I got eat outside?"

Side-note: "A kidnapping case on a full moon night... Next issue: Kogoro (Uncle), I'm counting on you!!

986's spoiler pics:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4957356841?pn=1

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Hide contents

And the stakes for this one seem pretty high, right?

At this point im just glad to see her in anything. Im hoping that the stakes will be high, and how awesome would it be if this one has something to do with the whole RUM thing.

9 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

and how awesome would it be if this one has something to do with the whole RUM thing.

Indeed. :D

In fact, we've now reached the point in the Rum arc that's equivalent to the point in the Kir arc that immediately preceded the Dark Photograph case (582–584/484–485).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

If it does have something with RUM to do, I can only think of that RUM had it set up to test Kogoro's detective skills.

If the Black Org were to test any detective's skills, they would test how well the detective can dodge bullets.

6 hours ago, Kurara-chan said:

Is this one of the rare cases that the criminals are evil?

If they're using the "she wronged us" justification as a cover for another motive, then they're

more evil than most DC culprits.

But that's assuming Gosho won't go with the route of misinterpretation being the cause of the culprit's actions.

2 minutes ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:
2 hours ago, Aries Bless said:

If it does have something with RUM to do, I can only think of that RUM had it set up to test Kogoro's detective skills.

If the Black Org were to test any detective's skills, they would test how well the detective can dodge bullets.

Yeah, why beat around the bush, if they think he's an actual threat?

It'd be like a loyal BO member (who isn't Vermouth) knowing who Shinichi/Conan is (or, even more so, knowing who Shiho/Ai is) and not taking immediate action.

'Eri Kisaki Victim' could mean two thing.

- They are former clients of Eri, who lost their cases and blames Eri for it.

- Or they could be clients of the opponents in her cases who lost, because Eri and her clients won.

• Upvote 1

There was a minor error when Eri was climbing in the drawers. The second drawer up should have been most of the way out when Eri was climbing into the bottom drawer, not all the way pushed in (because she needs room for her head).

I imagine the culprits don't have anything better for Eri planned after they film her. They left secretary Midori alone because she didn't see the culprit's faces, but I'm going to guess they will take a page from Agasa's kidnappers and go for murder/arson after [not] having their way with Eri.

If I were Eri, instead of trying something subtle and clever, I'd just announce that my messages will end with the name of a police officer that Kogoro and Ran know personally. Then Eri can say what she wants and end each message with an officer's name. Eri knows Megure, both Yokomizos, Sato, Takagi, and Chiba. That's 5 messages and 1 to set up the next pattern, such as high school friends of Ran. Of course, this being a DC case, things aren't going to be so straight forward.

TBH Eri should just text the emergency services directly if that is an option in Tokyo.

Edit: I predict that Eri will be caught by the kidnappers because they hear the growl of her stomach, but Kogoro breaks in and wrecks them (with Ran and Conan's help) before they get her undressed beyond Shounen Sunday censorship standards.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

I predict that Eri will be caught by the kidnappers because they hear the growl of her stomach, but Kogoro breaks in and wrecks them (with Ran and Conan's help) before they get her undressed beyond Shounen Sunday censorship standards.

That makes sense, since that part must have been foreshadowed for something. I figured she would have to be caught eventually, since she can't give them too much convinient information(since they will likely go through her client-history).

20 hours ago, MeiTanteixX said:
On 1/19/2017 at 7:16 PM, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

Edit: I predict that Eri will be caught by the kidnappers because they hear the growl of her stomach, but Kogoro breaks in and wrecks them (with Ran and Conan's help) before they get her undressed beyond Shounen Sunday censorship standards.

That makes sense, since that part must have been foreshadowed for something. I figured she would have to be caught eventually, since she can't give them too much convinient information(since they will likely go through her client-history).

Well, given Shinichi's/Conan's smirk in the last panel of Page 16 of 985, it looks like this'll be a 3 File case.

So, yes, there'll probably be a near-disaster moment in 986, immediately followed by a "Big Damn Heroes" moment.

Have to wonder—since Heiji and Kazuha are being pushed towards the end of the long status quo, will this case be the beginning of Kogoro and Eri being pushed towards the end of the long status quo? I can definitely understand why one would answer that question with, "Nope."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

986 spoiler pics are out (see first post of this thread)—and 986 is, as expected, the end of this case.

There is, unfortunately, a break next week—we can expect 987's spoiler pics to come out on February 10th.

effing Gosho I SWEAR. HE IS A TROOLLLL