Detective Conan World
Akazora

Movie 21: Crimson Love Letter

1480065015-movie-21.jpg

15170869_1288919754493308_12948803876733

Teaser Trailer

"The first 2017 issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday announced on Wednesday that the 21st Detective Conan anime film is titled Meitantei Conan Kara Kurenai no Love Letter (Detective Conan: Crimson Love Letter) and is slated to open in Japanese theaters on April 15, 2017. The magazine also unveiled the staff, cast, and a teaser poster illustrated by original creator Gosho Aoyama.

"Kobun Shizuno, the director of the last six Detective Conan films, will return to direct the film at TMS and V1 Studio. Takeharu Sakurai is also returning from earlier films to write the script based on Aoyama's story, and franchise composer Katsuo Ono is again providing the music.

"The film will be a love story set in Osaka, and it will feature Heiji Hattori and Kazuha Toyama. The visual shows Momiji Ōoka, a new character who refers to Heiji as her future husband and is a rival for Kazuha. She appears in the manga for the first time in the 91st compiled volume, which will ship on December 16 in Japan."

Sources: Anime News Network, DCTP

• Upvote 4

On 11/29/2016 at 5:45 AM, Neo Balthazar said:

im expecting a comedy out of this one

no action, no serious mystery       

Because Osaka is famous for the comedians? It will be a change of pace if they did.

Excited...

I thought the movies were canon? Why introduce a character in the manga just for the movie...

Why is there a Kaito Kid message in the bottom left corner tho!?

Oh they have Hanafuda cards there I think. On computer screen a second before Haibara appears. Which I find interesting since in Hanafuda they have three cards called Red Poem Ribbons.

EDIT: Watched again the teaser. They weren't Hanafuda after all...

Just watched yesterday, Animation of Autumn Kyoto backgrounds were beautiful.

Does anybody know if Satsuki-dou is based on a real location? http://cocomirai.com/conanroke-8864/

Edit: I found it It's Sanbutsu-ji on Mt. Mitoku, located in Tottori prefecture, Gosho-sensei's home. It does looks beautiful in autumn, though not much as in anime.

Also why was there no anime sidestory to movie unlike previous ones? Or Kendo Tournament Murder Case featuring Momiji is supposed to be a rather manga sidestory? Or is Black Friday the 13th at Cafe Poirot supposed to be side story though it isn't filler? 

I reasoned the culprit when he met the girl who broke hands saving Karuta cards.

Heiji's pun at the ending was hilarious btw

Thought I might leave this here, Conan Loves Project, promoted for movie,  kinda like radio drama, but with Manga art, adapted from Mystery solving at Cafe Poirot, with dialogue adapted from same as well. 

Movie special featuring the Staff playing Uta-garuta

I just finished watching the Movie. maybe I missed it... Who wrote the Crimson Love Letter?? for whom is it? Is it a real love letter by Momiji to Heiji. Is it a hidden poem meaning in one of the Karuta card. Does this involve the bomber & his dead wife?

Well in fact, (in my opinion), it is about Heiji having told to Momiji that he'll later take her as his wife (the statement is kinda representing the letter and crimson is the color of love). Even if he does try to make it clear to Momiji that this statement was false because he in fact said ''Later, I'll be stronger'', it is still hinted he likes both of them (Kazuha and Momiji) and that it's difficult for him to make a choice. 

Shinoburedo

iro ni idenikeri

wa ga koi wa

mono ya omou to

hito no tou made

Though I would hide it,

In my face it still appears--

My fond, secret love.

And now he questions me:

"Is something bothering you?"

This poem is Kazuha's favorite because it describes how she hides her crush on Heiji but it would still be clear on her face.