Detective Conan World
AnimeOtakuDrew

Fanfic Updates and Request for Help

Okay, I know this thread's title can be interpreted a few ways. I'm sorry about that, but I only have so much room for the title. What I mean when I say I need help is ideas. I am trying to write a DC/Saw crossover, but I am kind of stuck on a few points. I have the entire plot worked out, but I'm hung on the details. Specifically, I need some good ideas for Jigsaw traps/games. And, as Jigsaw often tailors his traps to their victims, I especially need a trap for someone who cannot let go of the past. I am also looking for a good jumping off point in Conan from which I can start this story. That is, I need to know a case where an American has been one of the suspects, but ended up being cleared by "Sleeping Kogoro." (The idea is that this person returned home with stories of the great Japanese detective who saved him/her from prison, then someone who's had a family member taken by Jigsaw hears the tale and goes to hire Kogoro to find Jigsaw and get their family member back.) I really want to ground this firmly in the series, not just start with some deus ex machina invent-a-case to make it fit the way I want. Anyone who can help me out will be very much appreciated, and I will credit anyone whose ideas I use. Once the fanfic is completed, I will also be looking for artists to help me turn it into a doujinshi, but that's still a few months down the road at least.

And, for anyone who is wondering, here's the current plans/status for all of my Conan fanfics.

1.) My Ayumi/Conan fanfic will be an ongoing series (not just a short series putting them together, but to show how things develop after they're together), and will include most of the ideas I've had for Conan fanfics. It will clearly diverge from the main series, most likely after the most recent case (once I've caught up to that, which should be within the next week). I already have a complete plot outline for chapter one, which I will flesh out and post as soon as I am caught up, after which I shall aim to complete a chapter a week minimum. This will be the first fic I work on.

2.) My Conan/Saw fanfic will be a story of its own, unrelated to the Ayumi/Conan fanfic series. As I said earlier, I already have the entire plot worked out, I just need some help with trap ideas, as explained above. I expect this crossover will probably end up around 5-10 chapters. This will most likely  be the second fanfic project I start on; it all depends on how long it takes to get the ideas I need.

3.) The other Conan fanfic I am planning will also diverge from the main series. As with the Ayumi/Conan fanfic, the point of divergence will most likely be the most recent case. This fanfic will be used to implement all the ideas I have that will not work in the Ayumi/Conan series. Some ideas may appear in both series, but I will vary the manner in which they are implemented. At present, I have not decided whether I want this to be an ongoing series or if I will conclude it any time soon. At a minimum, this series should be 25-30 chapters. I have already planned out many plot points and how to approach them, though I have not yet put together any outlines. I intend to start this series once I am 5-10 chapters into my Ayumi/Conan fanfic, and will try to maintain it at a chapter per week as well.

So, that is where things stand. All of my fanfics will be posted to the FFML and fanfiction.net (however, if you guys have any recommendations for other sites on which to post them, I would be glad to hear them). They will be written and posted under the screen name I used to write Ranma and Sailor Moon fanfics back in the late 90s: Akihiro. If you have any questions (or, of course, ideas as requested), please don't hesitate! Later!

Well, I  have been completely caught up on the anime for two days now, and completely caught up on the unadapted manga since yesterday. I was not able to work on my fanfic last night because I had to go help a disabled friend. I am unable to do it tonight because my nephews are visiting and have taken over my computer to play Minecraft. But, I will have my first chapter posted before the weekend is over, come hell or high water!

On a related note, now that I think about it, I would like to have a few test readers before I actually post the chapter. Anyone who is interested can send me a message with their e-mail address. I mainly want people who are willing to read it point out any errors and let me know if it has a proper Detective Conan feel. For those interested parties, I will e-mail them each new chapter as I complete it, wait 24 hours for as many replies as possible, make any necessary revisions, then finally post the chapter.

As I said in my previous post, this is planned to be an Ayumi/Conan series, but it does not start that way. In fact, in the current version of the chapter one outline, Ayumi doesn't even show up. My purpose is to bring the pair together in a manner that is both plausible and appropriate to the series, which cannot be done in a single chapter, or even a couple chapters. Also as previously stated, this will be an ongoing series; it will not end once I achieve the pairing. As such, even though I am starting it now, I may (and probably will) decide to incorporate elements, characters, and events from future installments of the anime and/or manga. In some cases, I may slightly alter those events to better fit my story. At present, I am considering the point of divergence to be the most recent completed case from the manga, however I am not putting anything in the first few chapters that will place it at any specific point in the DC timeline. This is intentional. I want to leave it open for myself as long as I possibly can.

Finally, I mentioned in my previous post that I will be writing these fanfics under the screen name Akihiro, which I used in the late 90s. Alas, Akihiro was already taken on fanfiction.net, so I have registered there as Akihiro1997 (for the year I put my first fanfic online). I have yet to put anything up (sadly, I no longer have any of the fics I wrote back then to put them up, and not even my FFML moderator friends can find them anymore), but that will change before the weekend is over. So, thank you all for your interest; I hope you will enjoy my stories!

(BTW, I still need ideas for the DC/Saw crossover as I mentioned in the first post. I really want to write that one, so I hope my fellow fans will step up and help me out! Thanks in advance!)

UPDATE: Chapter one is finished, but I have yet to hear from anyone interested in being a test reader. My sister proofread it and corrected the spelling and grammar errors she spotted, but she's not really a Conan fan, so she's not the best judge of how well it fits the series. She did, however, say that she enjoyed it and that, from the little she does know about the series, she thinks it fits. I'm looking for real fans to offer their opinions, though, so please let me know if you're interested!

Well, I still haven't gotten any responses from people interested in test reading my fanfic, so I am taking another route. I will let this forum be my test before I post it to either fanfiction.net or the FFML. I do not yet have a title for the series or this chapter, so I will simply post it (in a new thread) as "New Fanfic, Chapter One." I hope you all will read it, post your thoughts, and offer suggestions for the title (both for the series, and the chapter). My decision of whether to share it on the FFML and fanfiction.net will be based entirely on its performance here (and whether or not I can come up with a title). So i will be eagerly awaiting your feedback!

Just wanted to post an update about my fanfic series. I have been working on it, but I have decided to put it on hold until the new manga case is concluded as I am planning to work Wakasa Rumi into the next chapter and I want to see how the character develops in this case. I am also still hoping for at least a couple more responses to the first chapter, as well as ANY suggestions for the title (either for the series or that chapter). I will keep this thread up to date with any new developments concerning my fanfics, whether it's additional delays or a change of plans. Thanks for reading!

Okay, I know it's been a while , but I have finally resumed work on chapter two of my fanfic, and I hope to have it posted shortly after the new year begins. I want to thank my readers for their patience, which will finally bear fruit in the next few days. I apologize that I have been slow in producing this chapter, and I hope as much as you do that future chapters will be forthcoming on a much more frequent schedule. Thank you again, and I hope you will enjoy chapter two when it's posted.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have NOT abandoned my fanfic. The screen on my laptop was smashed and I can't afford to replace it at present, so my writing (fanfiction and original works) is on hold until I have the means to do so. There's no way I could write the whole thing on my phone, so I have no choice but to wait. I apologize to anyone who actually cared about the story for this delay. Although, the response to chapter two has been less than stellar, I do intend to write and post at least one more chapter. If anyone IS enjoying my series, please make sure to comment on it. If I don't think anyone likes it, I won't keep writing it. Just saying.