Detective Conan World
Avengeline

So.. I wrote a song about Detective Conan for Gosho Aoyama

Hey :)

I am new to this forum but not new to Detective Conan. It's that one anime series that has accompanied me throughout my entire childhood and I still love it now as much as I did back then. I am also a singer and a selftaught composer and the soundtrack of DC has always been one of my favorites so two weeks ago when a friend told me about Gosho Aoyama's hospitalization I immediately sat down and wrote this song for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H756L7JrX50

I guess he's never going to see it and it was probably dumb to write a song for him if he won't ever listen to it but I guess I was just caught up in the moment :blush:

Anyways I thought maybe some of you might like it. :)

Let's all hope that Aoyama sensei will get well soon :)

( Some people have told me he's out of hospital again and some claim he's still in but either ways we know his surgery was at least successful so I just hope he does not have to face any more complications after that and that he will recover soon :) )

Have a wonderful day :)

• Upvote 4

882.gif

Holy fountain water, this is amazing!!  You're a really talented singer and I really like the style of your songs!  I'll be keeping a eye out for your future works!

Also, welcome to DCW!  Things are rather slow around here, but you'll find that it's also kind of cozy.  Feel free to post around and get yourself acquainted the few who post regularly.

• Upvote 1

Woah thank you so much for your support Akazora! That gif is hilarious XD I hope you will enjoy my future stuff! Yeah I saw that before I posted and usually I am more of a lurker anyways but it's probably truly cozier and it might make participation here easier for starters like me :) 

OMGOMGOMGOMG THIS IS SO COOL!!! WHY HAVE I ONLY HEARD IT TODAY??? This song really fits with the series itself! It really sounded like it was somewhat an official soundtrack :D

Anyways, anyways, I really liked how everything blended so well! :D

Haha, did you also record and produce everything by yourself? Coz that would be supercool! I mean it's rare nowadays to find an artist-composer-producer so if that's the case you're really super talented, just saying :3 And I ain't overexaggerating here, coz the song itself is really like it's written by a songwriter that really knows how to write a song not just some random dude who decided to write one. Then the way it's produced and the way everything was arranged, it's like done by a professional! And, Your voice, Gahh.. I listened to your other original song called Cryaotic and I also read the comments that says you sound like the lead singer from Evanescence and yes, you do. You really sound like her. Your voice has that dark mysterious feeling in there :P

But anyways, just a bit of constructive criticism...

If you produced the song,

The vocal somewhat is not that clear and also it's a bit lacking the intensity/punch. Uhmmm... You should lessen the Reverb/Echo a bit that seems to kill off the clarity for me.

XD hey thanks so much MKay :)

I am glad if you like it and yea all you hear is my work. I arranged the instruments, wrote the lyrics and recorded my vocals at home.

And you're right about the vocal intensity but as I am completely self-taught (except for the singing cause i had a teacher for 5 years) I have no idea what I am doing most of the time. I just press some keys on my keyboard, record it and if it turns out good I keep it and if it doesn't I delete it, same with vocals. But I don't know how to work my microphone and this song was actually too high and intense and too quiet in other parts to properly record so if I hadn't put the reverb on the voice it wouldn't sound so smooth :/ I really just hope I can make it a bit on Youtube and get the chance to professionally record the stuff so I can finally sing as loud and as passionate as I want to without having to worry about my microphone giving up XD But still I am very glad if you think it fits the soundtrack and if it sounds somewhat professional :) Also thanks for the Evanescence comparison :) When I was younger everyone would say I sound like Shakira and now Amy Lee XD so cool :)

XD hey thanks so much MKay :)

I am glad if you like it and yea all you hear is my work. I arranged the instruments, wrote the lyrics and recorded my vocals at home.

And you're right about the vocal intensity but as I am completely self-taught (except for the singing cause i had a teacher for 5 years) I have no idea what I am doing most of the time. I just press some keys on my keyboard, record it and if it turns out good I keep it and if it doesn't I delete it, same with vocals. But I don't know how to work my microphone and this song was actually too high and intense and too quiet in other parts to properly record so if I hadn't put the reverb on the voice it wouldn't sound so smooth :/ I really just hope I can make it a bit on Youtube and get the chance to professionally record the stuff so I can finally sing as loud and as passionate as I want to without having to worry about my microphone giving up XD But still I am very glad if you think it fits the soundtrack and if it sounds somewhat professional :) Also thanks for the Evanescence comparison :) When I was younger everyone would say I sound like Shakira and now Amy Lee XD so cool :)

It's a pleasure :D

Well, I, myself, is self taught too. Haha. (I'm not as far as great as you thou, to be honest. I'm still terrible)

You can find many stuffs about music and audio production and mixing in the internet, on Youtube, especially. That is if you really want to know how to do this stuffs coz well, I can assure you that it takes a lot of hard work and years to master this specific skill. But I believe it's worth it for those people who really just wants to go full creative on their songs :D

Ah. I see that there are some balance issues. What audio processing/editor are you using anyways? If it's Audacity, I think you know what a compressor is. You should use it instead, to balance this out instead of using a Reverb to fix this. I mean do a compression on the instruments and on the Vocals separately. Just play with the settings and see what fits. Then you can add the Reverb after to the Vocals. Honestly, it depends on your taste on how much. But IMO, too much, this just mushes up and vocal loses the punch and clarity. We won't able to hear your beautiful voice clearly :( There are more really things to do to make your voice really punchy and clear like EQing and stuffs but I dunno haha, maybe you already know that and I'm here just spouting. :P

Oh you wanted to get discovered. It's every Artists/Musicians dream xD To get signed by a label but nowadays, it's so hard coz there are like millions from different outlets (youtube, MySpace, SoundCloud and etc.) that have the same dream BUT NOT THE SAME SET OF SKILLS. I mean those who are really talented are being covered up by those who really aren't. Haha, I'm telling you right now that you have a clear advantage over most of them. You know how to write your own  music, you have a unique voice and you know how to produce your own music! You really have just to work on this more and continue on putting effort out and also, I really think you should do Covers of popular songs too. :3 This will really help alot, I'm telling you :D But don't just do a cover that is like the same as how the original artist did it, somewhat, do a cover that is a more original to you like for example... a piano rock version of Evanescence's Wake Me Up Inside with you singing over it. Haha just try intermixing Covers with your Original songs on your channel. This will boosts things alot!

Haha, no problem really on the comparison thingy. It really does sound like it's written by a professional recording artist. :D You should also do a Shakira cover xD

cool can I find your stuff on Youtube too?

yea I know but I must say I don't really have the time to study this too cause I know how much it will take. It's always been a decision between putting effort into making better arrangements or a better mixing/mastering process and I just felt like I'd rather try to upload decent songs with a crappy mastering than a crap song with awesome mastering. Also my attention span is practically non-existent if I have to do things that aren't interesting to me and I guess mixing and mastering falls into that category :D

Of course it would be awesome if I could also do that alone but right now next to university there's nothing left. Also I am drawing a 2D animation music video right now so also no private life either XD

Everytime I try to use a compressor my voice just sounds messed up and weird so I upload every song with the original unedited vocals except for the reverb. (At least I can say that it's all real XD )

Well discovered is probably the wrong word. I am not really looking for a label or anything but I would rather like to use platforms such as Patreon to do my stuff. It would be awesome already if I could make a living of this. Also if I were signed I could probably not do a lot of stuff like I do now anymore cause let's face it: no matter how beautiful people think my songs are they are not ever going to be on the radio. It's just not mainstream material and I am not sure if I want to bend.

Thank you :) Well I just recently started covering stuff. My newest video is a cover of Owari No Serafu's first opening. If you check that out you can hear how I arrange covers (like I did an orchestral version of the song ).

I now have a few requests for some covers and I will probably continue to do covers until I have finished the 2D animation video.

Btw my real goal ( or rather a dream right now cause I don't know if it won't turn out awkward) is to make cosplay music videos to my tribute songs. But I don't know. I might look stupid in cosplay so I will try that first and hopefully it will work out. I am thinking about a black butler cosplay video cause the darker Evanescence like style fits that mood :)

cool can I find your stuff on Youtube too?

yea I know but I must say I don't really have the time to study this too cause I know how much it will take. It's always been a decision between putting effort into making better arrangements or a better mixing/mastering process and I just felt like I'd rather try to upload decent songs with a crappy mastering than a crap song with awesome mastering. Also my attention span is practically non-existent if I have to do things that aren't interesting to me and I guess mixing and mastering falls into that category :D

Of course it would be awesome if I could also do that alone but right now next to university there's nothing left. Also I am drawing a 2D animation music video right now so also no private life either XD

Everytime I try to use a compressor my voice just sounds messed up and weird so I upload every song with the original unedited vocals except for the reverb. (At least I can say that it's all real XD )

Well discovered is probably the wrong word. I am not really looking for a label or anything but I would rather like to use platforms such as Patreon to do my stuff. It would be awesome already if I could make a living of this. Also if I were signed I could probably not do a lot of stuff like I do now anymore cause let's face it: no matter how beautiful people think my songs are they are not ever going to be on the radio. It's just not mainstream material and I am not sure if I want to bend.

Thank you :) Well I just recently started covering stuff. My newest video is a cover of Owari No Serafu's first opening. If you check that out you can hear how I arrange covers (like I did an orchestral version of the song ).

I now have a few requests for some covers and I will probably continue to do covers until I have finished the 2D animation video.

Btw my real goal ( or rather a dream right now cause I don't know if it won't turn out awkward) is to make cosplay music videos to my tribute songs. But I don't know. I might look stupid in cosplay so I will try that first and hopefully it will work out. I am thinking about a black butler cosplay video cause the darker Evanescence like style fits that mood :)

Actually it's not just 'my' stuff... it's more of an 'us' :P I was in a band actually and we already splitted up. And nah, you can't find them in Youtube coz we never did try Youtube (we planned tho). We directly sent our stuffs to labels but we didn't get accepted since we were newbies at that time. It was pretty much just last year. Haha, honestly, you can call me a 'failed musician' :P I pretty much gave up on the dream. Coz let's really be realistic, being a successful musician, I mean on the time where the pro outweighs the con, it takes several years to achieve and it's just that I can't do it... I dun want to put all my effort on that. I have other life goals besides being in music. (Haha, I don't know if sharing my story helps you or anything. :P)

Haha, I see that you don't want to study mixing since there's just too much effort needed xD and it's kinda true that you should put more effort on the content of the song itself than on the polishing thingy :P

That's also kinda true that being somewhat signed by a mainstream label, you have to 'bend' yourself for them :P Altho, you can get signed tho for an indie label that fits your genre. It's just good to have at least a label behind you so that you won't need to worry about the technical side of song writing anymore, as you said :P and you can sing your heart out xD Also, yeah, good luck on making some earnings out of it :D

I'll gladly check that out as soon as I can. :D That's really great that you have lots of requests too seems, like everything is really going well :D

Haha, I see the thing about your dream. That's really a cool idea, I say. xD I really hope you do well. And I wish you all the best, seriously :)

Whoaaaaaaaaaa........C':

This is utterly beautiful!! Your voice is amazing! I loove the background music too! And the scenes you chose....<3

The chorus is just...a'lkja sd I can't even explain how it took my breath away >~< IT'S JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

Great great greaaat job Avengeline-chan!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Actually it's not just 'my' stuff... it's more of an 'us' :P I was in a band actually and we already splitted up. And nah, you can't find them in Youtube coz we never did try Youtube (we planned tho). We directly sent our stuffs to labels but we didn't get accepted since we were newbies at that time. It was pretty much just last year. Haha, honestly, you can call me a 'failed musician' :P I pretty much gave up on the dream. Coz let's really be realistic, being a successful musician, I mean on the time where the pro outweighs the con, it takes several years to achieve and it's just that I can't do it... I dun want to put all my effort on that. I have other life goals besides being in music. (Haha, I don't know if sharing my story helps you or anything. :P)

Haha, I see that you don't want to study mixing since there's just too much effort needed xD and it's kinda true that you should put more effort on the content of the song itself than on the polishing thingy :P

That's also kinda true that being somewhat signed by a mainstream label, you have to 'bend' yourself for them :P Altho, you can get signed tho for an indie label that fits your genre. It's just good to have at least a label behind you so that you won't need to worry about the technical side of song writing anymore, as you said :P and you can sing your heart out xD Also, yeah, good luck on making some earnings out of it :D

I'll gladly check that out as soon as I can. :D That's really great that you have lots of requests too seems, like everything is really going well :D

Haha, I see the thing about your dream. That's really a cool idea, I say. xD I really hope you do well. And I wish you all the best, seriously :)

oh that's sad :/ but if you have other goals than I guess it's ok :) Pretty much all I do is compose so I won't give up on making music for now. I've given up the thought of having a label sign me quite a while ago though ;)

nah I wouldn't say failed musician. Maybe it was just the wrong moment or the wrong people you sent it to.

yea :)

well I can't even name the genre of music I make but even indie labels want musicians who make stuff that you can put on the radio :/ Well you don't actually need a label for that. If you can finance yourself through sites such as patreon for example you can just pay a studio for mixing and recording.

Nah it's not that many ;) just a few :)

Thank you very much :) That's very nice :3

Whoaaaaaaaaaa........C':

This is utterly beautiful!! Your voice is amazing! I loove the background music too! And the scenes you chose....<3

The chorus is just...a'lkja sd I can't even explain how it took my breath away >~< IT'S JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

Great great greaaat job Avengeline-chan!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thank you :3 I am so happy everyone leaves such positive reviews  :lol:

I was very inspired by the original soundtrack of DC so I'm glad you also like the background music :)

oh that's sad :/ but if you have other goals than I guess it's ok :) Pretty much all I do is compose so I won't give up on making music for now. I've given up the thought of having a label sign me quite a while ago though ;)

nah I wouldn't say failed musician. Maybe it was just the wrong moment or the wrong people you sent it to.

yea :)

well I can't even name the genre of music I make but even indie labels want musicians who make stuff that you can put on the radio :/ Well you don't actually need a label for that. If you can finance yourself through sites such as patreon for example you can just pay a studio for mixing and recording.

Nah it's not that many ;) just a few :)

Thank you very much :) That's very nice :3

Best of luck! :D Yeah, it's just hard. Only few people get signed really.

Haha, I think so. :3

That's kinda true and I won't argue. Yeah, so I really hope you do well so you can prove me wrong or something xD

No problem. You've just earned a fan :P

Nice, first time hearing a fan made song tribute,thought it was really part of DC's dramatic songs :D

Ah really? Thanks so much! I used to listen to the soundtrack a lot when I was a kid. It's been my favorite anime soundtrack ever since and I wanted the song to fit it so I'm glad if you thought it were official :D

Best of luck! :D Yeah, it's just hard. Only few people get signed really.

Haha, I think so. :3

That's kinda true and I won't argue. Yeah, so I really hope you do well so you can prove me wrong or something xD

No problem. You've just earned a fan :P

Haha I'll try to prove you wrong :D

And I'm very happy about that. Thanks for becoming a fan MKay :3

that was the best song ever. It also fits with Shinichi and Ran. I thought unfinished memories was the best song to fit Shinichi and Ran but after hearing this one it just hit me in the heart. Amazing you did a fascinating job. I hope Gosho Aoyama can see it too. ^_^

that was the best song ever. It also fits with Shinichi and Ran. I thought unfinished memories was the best song to fit Shinichi and Ran but after hearing this one it just hit me in the heart. Amazing you did a fascinating job. I hope Gosho Aoyama can see it too. ^_^

thanks so much :o Seriously that means a lot! This song is actually a year old because I always thought it wasn't good enough so I never quite got to finish it. But when I heard the news about Aoyama sensei I tried my hardest to do it as DC is my favorite series from my childhood and I still love to watch it today :) So I am very glad when fans of the series also like it :) So thank you again for writing such a kind comment!

I am glad you discovered it in the end :)

I really like this song, I've been listening to it over and over in the past few days, probably because I can relate to the feelings of the song. The chorus really nailed it, even though its lyrics are more simple than the other parts. Though if you don't mind, do you happen to have the original audio version? I'd like to put this song in my music player at the highest quality possible, unless you're using it for commercial purposes of course  :D

I really like this song, I've been listening to it over and over in the past few days, probably because I can relate to the feelings of the song. The chorus really nailed it, even though its lyrics are more simple than the other parts. Though if you don't mind, do you happen to have the original audio version? I'd like to put this song in my music player at the highest quality possible, unless you're using it for commercial purposes of course  :D

I am very glad you like the chorus so much :) But I am sorry I am just a small self taught composer with little to no knowledge of mixing and mastering songs so this is the best version I could do. I know my voice doesn't sound too clear and the music is overall too quiet but yea. Maybe one day I can rerecord this song at a studio and let someone mix my instrument files properly ;)