Detective Conan World

not sure with OKC, but my guess would be with the offensive system in place.

yeah, barring a devastating injury, I believe they'll be fine. 

man, melo is not even thinking about coming of the bench

its like beneath him or something

im thinking that the lakers might be lucky and get the 8th seed in the west

that will make lavar talk for years

i dont like his nba reality show but its here to stay so whatever 

I don't think Melo on the bench will really improve anything, but it would be great if they had Olympic and/or Hoodie Melo, now that guy is a special player, haha.

If anything, it's those catch and shoot 3's Melo relies on that are hurting him. Only way that can be fixed is if Westbrook and Melo find a rhythm where he finds his teammate open in comfortable shooting spots.

It's tough, but somehow I feel they aren't ready yet. I won't rule it out, but usually by Christmas through all star break is when you really know what the team is all about. Kuzma is already flashing potential, and Ingram had a big game recently. Lonzo is still a work in progress, and the others aren't impressing me, tbh. I could see them slipping, and a a team just a little more polished than them getting that 8th seed. 

who knows, just depends if steve ballmer feels it's right to blow up and rebuild in LA, or let Doc Rivers continue since most of his starters went down to injury. Personally, I'd get rid of Doc. Likely better coaches who fit this team more, and at this point, he''s living off his success in Boston.

They lost no doubt, but we're on a three game winning streak before heading into Brooklyn. Idk, I still feel like they can improve as we get closer to the 2nd half of the part. the 4-8 seeds I feel like have a chance to drop in a few months, not sure some of those teams will hold on to a playoff spot. But I will say, OKC should work on their issues soon so if they know it's clearly not working, and just losing a bunch of games, they can make a move on the trade deadline. 

the lakers won an amazing game

thats the lonzo i want to see

not that blank space on the court

nice game winner by ingram

he has improved and will be better next season

KD really stepping up

now the  bad habits will be forgoten

and once steph comes back

juggernaut

shame that young isnt playing much in stephs absence  

Yep he looked good, just needs to work on being consistent and he'll reach another level.

Ingram looks really good. Those summer workouts are starting to show as the season continues.

The Warriors still looking good even with Steph down. Quinn Cook playing pretty good as the PG. 

Okafor can be decent if he learns to play defense..hope he took notes from embiid

really? interesting. I mean I get the kentucky connection, but if that trade happened, I doubt the pelicans would get good players in return compared to what the wizards would be getting out of boogie. might be tough to keep otto porter if that trade down went down too. 

Too early to decide on the Pelicans. Only 2 games behind the 4th seed, they are pretty good, just need to learn to finish games. The wings is their problem, plus putting Jrue Holiday as your SG instead of PG shows much better results too. Cousins is having a really good year, honestly. If it doesn't work to you, it's not because of Boogie.They need more bench help as well. When Davis/Cousins/Holiday are on, the wins come. 

but for giving up a player up like boogie, you can get a lot in return

the clippers got a lot in return for CP3 and the only reason it didnt work out was they all got hurt

i would like it if rondo got to be the PG and just played D and pass around

he is the better choice for that anyway and keep holiday on the SG with helping rondo to create plays instead of being the creator

on the other hand

things might change in OKC

the trade deadline is not 25th of february anymore

yeah but unless the there was a third team involved in a team, the pelicans prob wouldn't get much in return compared to the team that would get boogie.

Rondo's return from injury has been really good for the team, especially for Jrue Holiday. The offense has been way better with those two in the backcourt.

maybe, but it's still a process. if they can just make the playoffs, it'll be a different ball game. not easy when you have chemistry issues, and Westbrook isn't used to guys who play more slow/iso ball. 

i will give you that, but will he stay or not is the question

i always liked rondo

its a shame that he is shoved aside just cause its a smallball shooting driven league now

maybe

but when KD joined the gsw the only problem was shoving him the ropes which they pretty much did in just the preseason and getting rid of his bad habits he picked up with the okc 

and then it was instant gold

remember when gasol joined kobe

instant

when kobe developed and got the phill...instant

lebron with miami, just a bit late like 15 games later

the celtic, instant

i think i have given them long enough

this wont work

they are all over the place

they might loose PG and melo is too much money for meh performance 

all depends on how they finish the year, imo. last year didn't matter so much since boogie joined the pelicans after ASG, but it looks like he's developing a rhythm with Davis. Honestly, if they grab top 5 seed let's say, and doing in this West, he shouldn't leave. That just tells you there's growth. Both guys are young too, it's not like boogie is old and should join a contender now. I'd rather him grow and hone his craft in New Orleans instead of being like a Dwight Howard, and going from team to team.

kinda different adding a former MVP to a 73 win team that had a 3-1 lead in the finals, no? 

not to mention all the people you mentioned had better role players than the pelicans have now. c'mon man it's been 2 months that's a little early.

the heat were like 9-8 thru 17 games, the thunder are 13-14 thru 27 games. not saying OKC will be like that Heat team, and go to the finals, but there's still time to figure out things. You can just make chemistry work how you like in an instant, it takes time. OKC full of ball dominant guys, at least the Heat had Lebron, and Kobe had Gasol, two guys who were effective and could distribute the ball.

I just gotta see what OKC's record is going before February. January is gonna be really interesting for this team. If they are flat out terrible, then yes, a trade needs to happen. The worst thing to happen is for this team to be bad, not make a trade, and miss the playoffs. Then if PG did leave, you'd get nothing in return. We'll have to just let things play out for sure. 

well dwight fell because of his mindset

boogie has a strong mindset more then dwight ever had

however, there is a place in LA with a great PF,SF,PG

i would approve of that

here is the thing

sure, i get what you mean

but not always does adding more equal more

lebron keeps adding but he still does 80% of the work

when lakers added nash and dwight they lost a lot

and i kinda like that CP3 never joined kobe that time

if you look at it

kobe is always having the ball

kobe needs a player like fisher not CP3 and bigs

cause he sets them up anyway

have you seen how melo forces plays and is slow

man that is a problem 

PG wont say anything cause he is not that kind of guy

and russ will be russ

it would be better for the nba if they clicked

more superteams=more fun, more ratings, more competition

i thought phil jackson was crazy for saying that stuff about melo

i dont anymore

I bring up Dwight in terms of team hopping, not really for his play. Point is, I don't think it'll automatically be better if he goes to the Clippers, Wizards, or any other team he's linked too. By LA, do you mean the Lakers or Clippers? cuz if you mean the latter, then nah, that isn't gonna work. 

Nope, I gotta disagree with the CP3 trade that got vetoed. You had Kobe, and Paul, who was great at the pick n roll + they had pieces to flip to potentially for a super team in the future. 

I don't get your adding more point? the pelicans situation isn't really like the ones you mentioned involving the heat, kobe/gasol. main difference? they had big time players joining a team with role players who fit the system. the pelicans on the other hand, don't have a whole lotta talent outside of davis/jrue/cousins/rondo.

just noticed I had a typo in my other post. I meant "you can't just make chemistry work how you like in an instant"

melo needs to get his shot going. man he's been shooting 30-35% the past few games overall it's not something you want to see. and average 1.5 assists..smh him and george need to work on their defense as well, no excuse for that. if they don't do that, they'll get smoked in the playoffs. 

i would like him to the lakers, god knows im desperate for them to be good again

you would be right, if gasol was staying 

but

it was like this if it went down

CP3 going to the lakers, gasol heading to the rockets. new orleans would have received kevin martin, luis scola, lamar odom, goran dragic and a 2012 first round pick that houston had acquired from the knicks

to get rid of gasol and odom ...man i would have wanted that

but the celtics changed basically their whole team and got chemistry going

lost their best player, changed things again and are great

the thing is

donovan acts like he has no idea what he is doing

he gets a bulk of the blame for me

if you want melo on the second unit then just put him there

No, I know Gasol was heading to the Rockets, but there was still a possibility of getting someone like Dwight Howard on the team down the line (not like the way we actually got him.) Kobe/Paul/Howard definitely would've been considered a super team. 

that's cause he doesn't know what he's doing, haha. he basically changed his whole system to adjust to players on OKC. they clearly have offensive sets he can use, yet they keep forcing iso ball + no ball movement. he needs to take more control of the team, and get these guys on the team to become less selfish. 

the okc-76ers game was fun

even tho melo had a good game i blame  him for the last play, just got tangled up and left PG to shoot a hail marry

the rockets are no joke

they will be something good, if harden doesnt looses his mind in pivot games