Detective Conan World

Favorite Detective Conan quotes

Post your favorite Detective Conan quotes here, it can be from manga, episodes, OVAs or movies. And if you can, please include the setting or where (what episode) it was mentioned. :D

mine is..

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Shinichi Kudo

I'm not that sure if this is the exact words he mentioned from an episode but this also came from a famous quote of Sherlock Holmes. :D

What's yours? :)

that line is actually better known as "Occam's Razor", and you're right, there are a lot of other situations that it comes up besides just in DC... the most common instances of its use in DC are when there's someone Shinichi or Ran doesn't want to be the culprit, but as Shinichi investigates he finds everything points to that person.

I tend to prefer the line "There is only one truth", which was translated to English as "With a keen eye for details, one truth prevails"... probably to fit mouth movements

Good topic! I love this. We can share something we do not know or did not fully appreciated here.

My favorite quote is...

NOTE: This might be a spoiler for those who have not reached to the epsode 345.

Vermouth: "Why did you save me? Why?"

Shinichi: "Is a reason nesessary? I don't know why you would kill someone. But as for saving someone...A logical mind isn't needed, right?"

This is from the episode 345 in a flashback of Vermouth. Vermouth remembers this, holding a gun directed to Ai and Ran, who is protecting Ai with her body. Such a cool thing to say.

I hope this one runs and runs. :D

• Upvote 2

Shinichi: "Is a reason nesessary? I don't know why you would kill someone. But as for saving someone...A logical mind isn't needed, right?"

:o waaa! That's also my favorite quote! I really felt Shinchi's deep strong emotion while he said that! I love it. ;)

Nice one... very nice. 8-) :D

Is that the episode where Shinichi is carrying Ran (while she's unconscious) out in the pouring rain? Is that it?

*just confirming* The episodes are kinda mixed up in my mind. lol :lol:

People can really change.

When they're far away from each other, their hearts will change.

It's so cruel that the only thing I can do is wait.

- Mouri Ran

don't know where but I'm gonna find out. sad nonetheless... T_T

Is that the episode where Shinichi is carrying Ran (while she's unconscious) out in the pouring rain? Is that it?

*just confirming* The episodes are kinda mixed up in my mind. lol :lol:

That's partly true. The scene originally appears in the episode 286 - 288, "Shinichi Kudou's NY Case" and reappears as a flashback in the episode 345. So the quote is from both 286 - 288 and 345. But I prefer the situation in 345 because the quote sounds more profound there.

Good topic! I love this. We can share something we do not know or did not fully appreciated here.

My favorite quote is...

NOTE: This might be a spoiler for those who have not reached to the epsode 345.

This is from the episode 345 in a flashback of Vermouth. Vermouth remembers this, holding a gun directed to Ai and Ran, who is protecting Ai with her body. Such a cool thing to say.

I hope this one runs and runs. :D

i also love that qoute from shinichi.. he said that in his newyork case right? :D i found him cool that time.. :oops:

Then again, post memorable Conan lines but not necessarily Conan's lines. There are really many things that are memorable and sometimes repeating like Ran's lines bragging about waiting for Shinichi for a very, very long time.

Here's a good conversation:

*Heiji and Conan comes to the room where Kazuha is treated after being hurt with by Ran*

Heiji: Take off your clothes, Kazuha!

*Heiji tries to take Kazuha's clothes and resists. Same goes to Conan but looks around the legs*

*Both of them slaps and get kicked out of the room*

Heiji: Why did she only hit me?!

Conan: Because I'm just a kid...

• Upvote 2

One of the best bits of dialouge in the show is Conan's entire confrontation with his childhood hero, Ray Curtis, in the 3 K's of Osaka case (238-239). Just that entire bit where he gets so angry, angrily screaming at Ray for committing the murder, and the fact that he had to hit Ray with a soccer ball, because his own childhood hero was going to try and weasel his way out of the murder. Just such a sad moment in the show. Especially when Ray finally admits to defeat.

mine is taken from case closed vol.31(i think).It refers to a man who murdered someone to get revenge for his father.

"courage is a word that gives you the strength to do what's right,you should not use it as a excuse to murder someone"

-Mouri Ran

• Upvote 1

I do have different quotes lately but overall, here are my tops! They're all in order. ;)

Shin'ichi Kudo: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth."

I kind of like this especially when he started stating this quote.

Shin'ichi Kudo: "There is only one truth."

He commonly uses this quote especially when this happened: (The lines aren't exact so leave me be!)

Hattori Heiji: I guess you won this time, Kudo. Your deduction was superior than mine.

Kudo Shin'ichi: You're wrong. There is no deduction that's superior or inferior... because there is only one truth.

He said that in, probably, episode 51. If not, it may be episode 50.

Vermouth (disguise): "Why did you save me? Why?"

Shinichi: "Is a reason nesessary? I don't know why you would kill someone. But as for saving someone... A logical mind isn't needed, right?"

A great quote as well. Probably better than some other quotes but what I thought that made it better was when it was in a flashback, and the looks of Shin'ichi, that time. Shin'ichi walked straight down carrying Ran who was unconscious. He was calm, strong-hearted, and confident.

There may be other quotes out there like Kaitou Kid's when he was explaining it to his butler (or something like that) but I thought the said quotes were better than it so... I just left it be. xD

Detective Conan - Episode 239 (Translations by DCTP)

Shin'ichi Kudo: Even if you are facing a bitter aspect of life... Drugs and murder are foul, without any excuse. Deserve a red card, for a loser.

Ray: True, I was a cheater. A bad player, and I lost the game. I must be ejected... for both my late wife, and for a fan like you.

So far, this is my favorite canon episode that isn't Black Organization-related. The quote was really convincing with that insert theme music.

Edit: Added another quote found in episode 239

Edited by xevar25

One of the best bits of dialouge in the show is Conan's entire confrontation with his childhood hero, Ray Curtis, in the 3 K's of Osaka case (238-239). Just that entire bit where he gets so angry, angrily screaming at Ray for committing the murder, and the fact that he had to hit Ray with a soccer ball, because his own childhood hero was going to try and weasel his way out of the murder. Just such a sad moment in the show. Especially when Ray finally admits to defeat.

I remember that... Conan was standing as Ray was leaving, guilty of his murder. Sad to say, if Conan was in Shinichi's form, it might turn out to be worse for Ray if he probably know the Detective of the East. >.<

"Perfect plans dont exist. There will always something interfering. If your too bound to that, something or everything

will go wrong". Even if you reset to the beginning, compensating for what you've lost relies on you. From the 10th movie: Private Eyes' Requiem while talking to main enemy.

Most phrases that comes out of his mouth are mostly very wise.But the best ones are:

1.The strong one doesn't win.The one that win is strong.

2.A detective who uses his deductive powers to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop them from committing suicide is no better than a murderer himself

Most phrases that comes out of his mouth are mostly very wise.But the best ones are:

1.The strong one doesn't win.The one that win is strong.

2.A detective who uses his deductive powers to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop them from committing suicide is no better than a murderer himself

oh, yeah, the second one is from "Moonlight Sonata Murder Case"... such a good episode ^_^

oh, yeah, the second one is from "Moonlight Sonata Murder Case"... such a good episode ^_^

Actually, it is not from that episode but it has a bit of connection to that episode. It is the phrase that Conan told Heiji at somewhere at volume 18 or 19. Thx.

No one likes Ai-chan's quotes? Geez... I love all of them. Some make me laugh (she's so keen on teasing Conan), some make me think and think and think until my head blows up :unsure: . But then, some really sadden me in certain situations. My favourite is from Volume 33 - File 9:

Flowers are fragile and ephemeral...Even if you meant to protect them with a surrounding fence from wind and rain, they would die without sunlight...and a spindly fence has no power against a strong wind...Are you fully aware of that, Kudo-kun?...

That's one of my main reasons for sticking with the ShinRan couple and loving Ai-chan. :(*sniff* I've gotta get some tissue... LD-chan will go into mad-mode soon...

• Upvote 1

One of my other favourite phrase is the phrase before Shinichi said ONE TRUTH PREVAILS at the time he first met Hattori. Another one is at vol.26 and is also spoken by Shinichi at the festival at his school. It takes up a whole page...if i am not wrong

Shinichi (Deja Vu in Chinatown Rain)

Killer: Why did you save me?

Shinichi: Is a reason really necessary?

Hattori Heiji's mother:

"If ya try ta take a life, yer a murderer, whether it's someone elses or yer own!"

Those two came to mind

Teehee... Let's begin.

Our Conan-kun has these: Oi oi!, Arere~!.

Kazuha-chan: Hey Heiji, do you want a baby (the lastest OVA) ~> An innocent question made our favourite Detective of the West blush like mad. I was literally laughing my ass off.

Ai-chan sure has a twisted sense of humor. Check this out:

Haibara: Memories of the lost ones remain beautiful and forever in our heart, like certain somebody

Conan: Oi, I'm not even DEAD yet.

Yeah, sure there are so many that I lost tracks of them :P