Detective Conan World
Maurice

Forum rank icons

Hello all!

I'm very pleased to announce that we now have new DCW-related rank icons on the forum! It's been quite a while since I've wanted to make something like that for DCW (see forum thread: www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/801-looking-for-ideas-and-talent). I finally went ahead and did something nice and simple. A first version of something that could evolve further more in the future.

At least, it'll be a good upgrade to what we have right now!

Here are the rankings:

Administrator: admin.png

Moderator: moderator.png

Observer (Validating members): observer.png

Eyewitness (Normal members): eyewitness.png

Protagonist (100+ posts): protagonist.png

Officer (500+ posts): officer.png

Inspector (2000+ posts): inspector.png

Detective (10000+ posts): detective.png

Secret Agent (Donators): secretagent.png

Black Organisation (Banned): blackorg.png

That's about it! :D Feedback welcome as usual!

Thank you.

• Upvote 20

The rank titles are great, especially those who are banned here.

However, I just hope that members wouldn't abuse posting here just to be able to reach whatever rank they want.

Anyways, thanks. :)

I almost want to get myself banned to be a member of the Black Org.  Love those guys.

No seriously, this is great.  I almost forgot we even had that topic created all those years ago. 

Two things: "Protagonist" sounds like it should be above "Detective", and "Black Organization" sounds like a cool title to have. Instead, how about having the banned title be the "Criminal" with that shadow silhouette?

Otherwise, these look really cool! Thanks a lot for the work!

Hey cool, I'm a "Secret Agent" \o/

Awesome! but...there's a huge gap between 2000+ and 10,000+, can't there be something for 5000+?  Like FBI, maybe? tumblr_lj0gng3P5H1qit92oo1_500.gif

Maybe?

Two things: "Protagonist" sounds like it should be above "Detective", and "Black Organization" sounds like a cool title to have. Instead, how about having the banned title be the "Criminal" with that shadow silhouette?

Otherwise, these look really cool! Thanks a lot for the work!

Hey cool, I'm a "Secret Agent" \o/

I didn't see this before but I agree. Then the people that have been warned by the mods get to be Black Org. :P

I just realized something... isn't Inspector technically higher than Detective?  It is like that in any series, including Detective Conan.

It is indeed true that inspector is technically higher than Detective. But since Kogoro (which was himself in the Police force before becoming a detective) has such a big role in the series compared to the other Police officers, I thought people would be more inclined to reach that "status" of 'rogue' officer/detective.

But it is indeed possible to revise the ranks. For example, I like one idea mentioned above about using the "Criminal" icon for a banned user instead of the Black Org's one. But I'm not sure how the Black Org would fit in the forum ranks then..

I was so confused about all the labels until I read this... I love this system! XD

I'm not even a protagonist yet! D: it's going to take QUITE a while for me to work my way up to Detective

It is indeed true that inspector is technically higher than Detective. But since Kogoro (which was himself in the Police force before becoming a detective) has such a big role in the series compared to the other Police officers, I thought people would be more inclined to reach that "status" of 'rogue' officer/detective.

But it is indeed possible to revise the ranks. For example, I like one idea mentioned above about using the "Criminal" icon for a banned user instead of the Black Org's one. But I'm not sure how the Black Org would fit in the forum ranks then..

Yeah, it would be a shame not to use Black Organization.  I personally still like the way it is for banned people.  As for another way to use it, maybe let people choose between being a Detective or Black Organization?  If I am not mistaken, I think this forum could allow certain members to choose between certain groups, so maybe open it up for people to choose between Black Organization or Detective.