Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
al-mousawi

Evidence/Crime scene template

Sounds more like "clues" than "evidences". It's not impossible, the only thing I'm afraid is that not so many people would make efforts in finding small clues and such from every single episode, especially with AOs and episodes that they dislike in general. Also, we try to avoid copying ideas from other Wikis (even if they're now closed) because that just sounds wrong, and also in order to maintain originality. Therefore, even if we do this, it's gonna be in a different style.

I personally have no objection. Let's hear what other wiki mods say about this. 

I tried a "clue gallery" in the mystery train article as a test of the clue list concept a while back. I put it in the spoilers area because it is more of an explanation of the clues. I also put a motive summary in as well, to get the feel of a "solution infobox".

My conclusion doing that is that any template needs to have the option to be picture free. Tracking down pictures for all the clues will be damn hard, but listing them in text will be much easier on users. Overall, I endorse the idea.

If I were going to do an infobox, I would probably arrange it something like...

YgOIOau.png

I might also consider coming up with some way to add numbers of something so there is a link to which clue corresponds to what description, but I haven't come up with a good idea how to do that.

• Upvote 1

Sounds more like "clues" than "evidences". It's not impossible, the only thing I'm afraid is that not so many people would make efforts in finding small clues and such from every single episode, especially with AOs and episodes that they dislike in general. Also, we try to avoid copying ideas from other Wikis (even if they're now closed) because that just sounds wrong, and also in order to maintain originality. Therefore, even if we do this, it's gonna be in a different style.

I personally have no objection. Let's hear what other wiki mods say about this.

It's not important if it is being used much or not, the important thing is we have the templates. This way anybody who wants to improve the articles can use it. It's like the summary box. Not every episode have a summary, but the box is still there.

About copying ideas, I can't say I agree with you. First, we're trying to make a good wiki and every idea is acceptable (even if it isn't ours, we're not stealing). Second, It's just too simple to call it an idea. It's only a box with text and images. We already have an evidence section in the resoloution, it just lacks the images.

I tried a "clue gallery" in the mystery train article as a test of the clue list concept a while back. I put it in the spoilers area because it is more of an explanation of the clues. I also put a motive summary in as well, to get the feel of a "solution infobox".

My conclusion doing that is that any template needs to have the option to be picture free. Tracking down pictures for all the clues will be damn hard, but listing them in text will be much easier on users. Overall, I endorse the idea.

If I were going to do an infobox, I would probably arrange it something like...

YgOIOau.png

I might also consider coming up with some way to add numbers of something so there is a link to which clue corresponds to what description, but I haven't come up with a good idea how to do that.

Your idea seems better, about the numbers can't we add them as a captions to the images. Or instead of the numbers we can write a brief description as a caption. For example:

*Across from Etsuto Murobashi is a single gunshot hole in the couch. Sera could see it by looking in the door. Satoru Andou asked Murobashi to fire this shot so his gun would look used.

And write a caption under the image "the gunshot hole"?

About copying ideas, I can't say I agree with you. First, we're trying to make a good wiki and every idea is acceptable (even if it isn't ours, we're not stealing). Second, It's just too simple to call it an idea. It's only a box with text and images. We already have an evidence section in the resoloution, it just lacks the images.

Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's less valuable as an idea. The editors have put many efforts in creating the page, so every single detail (regardless of how small) is to be respected. I know that you mean well and want to improve the Wiki, but we still shouldn't take others' works for granted, even if it's technically not illegal. That's why even though I approve of the idea, I still want the template to be in a different style and original to ours rather than something that looks exactly like the one on the page. We obviously can still improve it (Chek's version would work basically). Trust me, I'm not the only one to emphasize originality here (and probably the one to do that the least), we've had many issues with wikis copying ideas and content from one another in the past. It's also one of the reasons why we can still survive till this day.

I'll refrain from debating this matter from now on so we can focus on creating the template instead. It's not the point of this thread anyway.

Your idea seems better, about the numbers can't we add them as a captions to the images. Or instead of the numbers we can write a brief description as a caption. For example:

*Across from Etsuto Murobashi is a single gunshot hole in the couch. Sera could see it by looking in the door. Satoru Andou asked Murobashi to fire this shot so his gun would look used.

And write a caption under the image "the gunshot hole"?

If you have an idea about the layout and such, you can create, test, adjust it in your user page or by using the Sandbox. Then we can pick up the best possible result and find a way to fit it within our Wiki's current formatting. 

EDIT: 

I'm not really sure what you meant, do you want to create something like this, this, or maybe this? This may be problematic if the clue/evidence in question is inside a spoiler box or something. 

I made a test template that I used on Movie 17's article: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Movie_17#Resolution

Click here to see how to use, it's not really complicated: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Template:InfoBox_Evidence

Feel free to customize it, I chose the colors, sizes and styles pretty much randomly. Each row (actually a table) can only have 4 images, but this is purely for aesthetic purpose and can be changed. If you have more than four, you'll have to repeat the sub template {{Evidence}} again. Despite this, I didn't want to stuff all images into one template because the number will never be definite, it'll also result in some irritating large gaps that I don't know how to fix. 

• Upvote 2