Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Mary Discussion Thread

About "Mysterious Girl"  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is her true identity?

• Masumi's full sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's half sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's step sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's adoptive sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's mother
    • Masumi's second brother
    • Masumi's cousin
    • Shuichi Akai
    • Other kind of relative not mentioned above
    • The "real" Subaru Okiya (not one of the characters above)
    • A child of Masumi's father's rich friend (not one of the characters above)
    • Just an ordinary friend of Masumi (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the Black Organization (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the FBI/CIA/other law enforcement (not one of the characters above)
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. Do you think she is another victim of APTX4869?

• Yes
    • No (She ages normally)
    • No (She doesn't age naturally)
    • She was a victim of/was exposed to something similar in nature (e.g Silver Bullet, whatever affected Vermouth's aging etc.)
    • Other possibilities (please explain)
  3. 3. Her true gender? (Must NOT contradict with your vote on her identity above, this is mostly for options that don't explain her gender like sibling, cousin, friend etc.)

I do not like the idea of this girl actually being an APTX victim. That would mean it's possible that even more people have taken the drug and survived by shrinking, and that I just don't like for some reason.  I'm hoping that this is her normal body or that her shrinking is completely unrelated to Conan and Haibara's. Either way I do not see how she could be an APTX victim because it would not have been completely developed at that time. Her and Vermouth's case must just be immense amounts of botox injections and good contacts with plastic surgeons...

I do not like the idea of this girl actually being an APTX victim. That would mean it's possible that even more people have taken the drug and survived by shrinking, and that I just don't like for some reason.  I'm hoping that this is her normal body or that her shrinking is completely unrelated to Conan and Haibara's. Either way I do not see how she could be an APTX victim because it would not have been completely developed at that time. Her and Vermouth's case must just be immense amounts of botox injections and good contacts with plastic surgeons...

It's not necessary for her to be a victim or Aptx4869, it might've been an earlier version of it, besides, we don't even know when she shrunk, as for the thing about Vermouth, I highly doubt it, her aging issue shouldn't be explained by normal means, it probably has to do with the main goal of the BO.  

maybe she's the real chris vineyard and sharon is just sharon taking her played since she's a kid now

That is not really possible, it's clear that the girl looks like Masumi Sera and Akai Shuichi, thus it's safe to assume she is related to them, the fact that Shuichi and Masumi look like their mother rather than their father, makes it more clear that the girl is the shrunken mother, Chris Vineyard looks nothing like the girl, the same thing goes to Sharon, so it's not a very possible theory.

Also sorry for the double post, I didn't know that I can't delete my post, I wanted to reply for this post but I forgot to edit the previous post.

Also sorry for the double post, I didn't know that I can't delete my post, I wanted to reply for this post but I forgot to edit the previous post.

Deleting a post is one of the great mysteries of DCW... xD

What do you mean? It's possible she was just shrunk months prior to the current plotline. And the APTX is still "not completely developed".

Also, I'd like to bring up a point about the effects of the APTX. Does it shrink you to a set age, or does it subtract a certain number of years from your current age? Will you grow and mature as if it were your real age, or will you be forever stuck there? Since Shinichi and Shiho's ages were pretty close to begin with, it's hard to tell if they're biologically the same age now. However, this girl is in middle school. She's the oldest victim, both prior and after the shrinkage (assuming she's the mother), so is there a difference in how the APTX affects her?

Deleting a post is one of the great mysteries of DCW... xD

What do you mean? It's possible she was just shrunk months prior to the current plotline. And the APTX is still "not completely developed".

Also, I'd like to bring up a point about the effects of the APTX. Does it shrink you to a set age, or does it subtract a certain number of years from your current age? Will you grow and mature as if it were your real age, or will you be forever stuck there? Since Shinichi and Shiho's ages were pretty close to begin with, it's hard to tell if they're biologically the same age now. However, this girl is in middle school. She's the oldest victim, both prior and after the shrinkage (assuming she's the mother), so is there a difference in how the APTX affects her?

That exactly is the question that I'm asking myself, if I could know the answer to that I might get one step closer to what I think is the goal of the BO. I also have another question, if Conan doesn't age anymore, and after 10 years he takes the antidote while he's still in a 7 year-old body, will he return to the 17 year-old body or change into a 27 year-old body?

That exactly is the question that I'm asking myself, if I could know the answer to that I might get one step closer to what I think is the goal of the BO. I also have another question, if Conan doesn't age anymore, and after 10 years he takes the antidote while he's still in a 7 year-old body, will he return to the 17 year-old body or change into a 27 year-old body?

Haha, that would be something that I'd like to see answered in fanfiction. Personally, I think he'd be 27. Gosho would probably never enter that realm though xD

That is not really possible, it's clear that the girl looks like Masumi Sera and Akai Shuichi, thus it's safe to assume she is related to them, the fact that Shuichi and Masumi look like their mother rather than their father, makes it more clear that the girl is the shrunken mother, Chris Vineyard looks nothing like the girl, the same thing goes to Sharon, so it's not a very possible theory.

what block chris from being masumi's mother?? sharon is sharon end of it and chris is the kid 

both christ and sharon got caught in what shrunken them and stopped aging or something

just my theory

what block chris from being masumi's mother?? sharon is sharon end of it and chris is the kid 

both christ and sharon got caught in what shrunken them and stopped aging or something

just my theory

Hmm... First off, when do you think this whole thing happened?

Hmm... First off, when do you think this whole thing happened?

well sharon was anokata first for whatever project they have and for whatever reason both got caught in something that shrunked both of them and stopped the aging process after having her kid (also think shiho is sera's older sister and christ gave her to her sister/aunt elena cause of reasons

skotch might be sharon's husband and rum is chris husband aka papakai (akai/masumi father)

hold on 

are you saying that sharon and chris are not the same person 

yep 

well sharon was anokata first for whatever project they have and for whatever reason both got caught in something that shrunked both of them and stopped the aging process after having her kid (also think shiho is sera's older sister and christ gave her to her sister/aunt elena cause of reasons

skotch might be sharon's husband and rum is chris husband aka papakai (akai/masumi father)

yep

Ok, let's get started, so what your saying is that Sharon was the first Anokata, she had a daughter who is Chris and Chris is the mother of Akai, then something happened that shrank both of them or de-aged them, and you think that Sera and Shiho are siblings, and finally you think that Scotch is Sharon's husband and RUM is Chris' husband.

Ok, no offence at all but, all of that is an assumption that has 0 evidences to back it up, if you want to make a theory, you must at least have something, a hint at least to back it up, but in this one, you don't.

Now, let me try to convince you why it's not right:

First of all let's start at the whole Sharon being Anokata thing, you see there is no one called 'Sharon', Sharon is Vermouth, so your saying that Vermouth is Anokata, yet as we could clearly see, Vermouth received a message from Anokata, and you can't tell me that she was trying to deceive someone, the only person there was Conan and she thought he was unconscious, she said "Ok, boss" why would she say that when there is no one listening to her then? Exactly, Anokata is not Vermouth so he is not Sharon, and if your going to tell me that Sharon is not Vermouth and that Vermouth is Chris, then that ruins your other theory about Chris being the unknown child who is Akai, Sera and the middle brother's mother, because 

Vermouth appeared recently in the events of the scarlet showdown, and that  was after the unknown child was introduced, and she didn't have time to go back into that form, she's always busy with the organization.

And don't even try to tell me Chris and Sharon are both different people than Vermouth, because that doesn't make any sense, Vermouth is Chris who was Sharon, that is the canon information.

Now as for the unknown child being Chris who is the mother of the Akai siblings, that is wrong, Akai and Sera have the same eyes as their mother, who is most likely the unknown child, does Chris have the same eyes? No, we saw Chris' true appearance and she looked nothing like that, besides, the unknown child's hair is completely different from Chris. Now as for Shiho being Sera's sister, again you have no proof on it, Shiho's mother is Elena Miyano, that is the canon information, there is no reason why Elena would lie to Shiho, and there is also no reason for Chris, who your assuming is Shiho's real mother, to give her away, Elena would've said something to Shiho about it in the last tape, Elena thought she was old enough to know the truth about the drug, so why not the truth about her family? And now for the final thing, Scotch is Sharon's husband, you see, Scotch was just introduced, we don't even know anything about him, we don't even know his true age, what made you assume that? As for RUM being Chris' husband, as I said, the fact that Vermouth is Sharon who is also Chris, makes it impossible for Vermouth to have 2 husbands, besides, she would be cheating on them with Gin. Hope I cleared it up.

i have no idea how you got to the conclusion that they are different people, cause this matter was settled a decade ago.

It is well known that they are one and the same, the rest is a mystery.

im curious, do you read or watch DC 

Unfortunately, many DC fans these days only depend on guesses and feelings(such as people who say Kogoro, Eri, Megure or any other character is the boss), without looking at the facts and thinking about it logically, well, I used to be like that before, but now I changed, 

I agree with what Uchiha Shadow said. 

1) There's no evidence to back up your theory. I don't have anything against a random assumption, but it seems like you really support it. The thing is, the whole Chris/Sharon/Vermouth thing was settled way back. By what you're saying, Chris was never there the whole time? It was all Sharon who met Conan/Shinichi, befriended Yukiko, and played the double role of Anokata and the subordinate, Vermouth? That would lead to so many complications to things that happened so long ago, which, in some one-cour anime series, could be possible, but not in a 700+ oddity such as DC.

2) Why would there be a reason to play Chris? If Chris shrunk, she shrunk. To keep up a double role like Conan is hard enough as it is (with Shinichi only being contactable via phone), so playing two people in person would be even harder. Not only do you have to use disguises, masks, and make-up, you also have to compensate both roles in a boss/subordinate and mother/daughter relationship. At least Conan is able to distance himself with Shinichi. 

That goes without mention of the simplicity of a faked death. Either fake Chris' death or Sharon's; they're both better alternatives. Also, Uchiha Shadow has a good point: Vermouth's behavior contradicts that of someone who is Anokata.

3) Your viewpoint on the family is rather... Weird. I still don't quite understand who is whose child/parent/sibling, but I do understand you're connecting Akai Shuichi, Haibara, Vermouth, and Anokata into one big family. That isn't a very good mix, considering Akai is an undercover FBI agent. Wouldn't Anokata notice? And what do you suppose the mysterious girl's reason for going to Japan is? Also... Akemi/Akai would be incest. I highly doubt Gosho would want that.

I'm sure there are a lot of other things out there that would prove against this, but the way you state your theory in 2-sentence posts are rather hard to interpret, and I don't want to go off into things that weren't arguable in the first place. Also, I've only watched half of the entire series. Episode 425 (which I heard had a pretty important plot progression) and onward are unknown to me.

i have no idea how you got to the conclusion that they are different people, cause this matter was settled a decade ago.

It is well known that they are one and the same, the rest is a mystery.

im curious, do you read or watch DC 

what i meant is sharon play as chris too since the real deal is now a kid in other words the chris we saw/see is sharon disguised as christ (we never saw the true adult chris) its what i meant dammit i know the christ is sharon like everyone jsut that she play her since chris cannot show anymore

as for santa i guess

vermouth became vermouth after quitting anokata poste( before mange begin) so in the story she always been vermouth from tome 1 to now

as for rum and skotch its just random though don't take this seriously

and why she play chris  like you said playing double life is hard so she 'killed' sharon

yep chris never appeared before only sharon did all

anokate new for akai and played her card to make him flee (if we can say)by force (camel story) instead of killing him

so i think AI is sera older sister (she look to much like the kid than elena/atsuchi 

i know i don't have evidence its just what  i came up with i don,t need being bashing on like that 

i do read DC its what i though this 

since goasho said that skotch accident is not linked to the bo and also no one knew skotch name neither vermouth (as said skotch is random so not serious )

what i meant is sharon play as chris too since the real deal is now a kid in other words the chris we saw/see is sharon disguised as christ (we never saw the true adult chris) its what i meant dammit i know the christ is sharon like everyone jsut that she play her since chris cannot show anymore

as for santa i guess

vermouth became vermouth after quitting anokata poste( before mange begin) so in the story she always been vermouth from tome 1 to now

and why she play chris  like you said playing double life is hard so she 'killed' sharon

anokate new for akai and played her card to make him flee (if we can say)by force (camel story) instead of killing him

so i think AI is sera older sister (she look to much like the kid than elena/atsuchi 

i know i don't have evidence its just what  i came up with i don,t need being bashing on like that 

since goasho said that skotch accident is not linked to the bo and also no one knew skotch name neither vermouth (as said skotch is random so not serious )

First of all, I'm not bashing. I'm sorry if my post reflects that, but I'm not. I simply want you to further explain what your theory is; I know you're not crazy, but it's still hard to answer or play devil's advocate when you just post a few sentences and leave. And your attitude towards Balthazar is unjustified. He's saying that it's unlikely Gosho will play a big trick on us after 10 years, and I agree. Also, all he did was ask if you read the manga or watch the anime. We all know you somehow got this knowledge for DC, so you didn't understand the question.

Ooh... I see. See, I didn't realize you meant that there was a different boss until now.

Well, I guess your theory is possible? I'm not the person who has a database of DC knowledge, so there's no one specific fact that would disprove it. However, I feel that it's highly unlikely, due to its vagueness and its deviation from such a long plot line (also because I have no idea what the Akai arc thing was like). I'd send Gosho cookies if he were able to pull off such a big troll thing on us, but alas, he's one who likes the run the plot behind the cases instead of being all plot-intense like the 1-2 cour anime shows.

as for santa i guess

Well, I'm not saying your theory is wrong, it's just something that Gosho wouldn't do, it's too complicated for Gosho's style, so it's much better to make theories with evidences or arguments to back it up, anything else that doesn't have an evidence to back it up are only assumptions that are not really needed. And I think your confusing Scotch and Date, Date is the one who's not related to the BO, Scotch was a member of the Secret Police who died around 2 years ago while infiltrating the BO.

And even though Haibara looks like the unknown child, it's not that much, the eyes are completely different, and assuming Shukichi is the middle brother, Haibara also doesn't resemble the father, it's much safer to assume that Haibara is Masumi's cousin, which means Elena is Akai's mother's sister since Gosho said that there are 2 mothers who are sisters, he denied Yukiko of being one of them and told us that Masumi's mother is one of them, following the other hints it becomes clear.

, it's much safer to assume that Haibara is Masumi's cousin, which means Elena is Akai's mother's sister since Gosho said that there are 2 mothers who are sisters, he denied Yukiko of being one of them and told us that Masumi's mother is one of them, following the other hints it becomes clear.

I don;t remember him specifically stating that Masumi's mother was one of the two women. Can you site your source for this? I only remember him saying that Yukiko was not one of them (to debunk the idea that Yukiko and Chikage were sisters to explain why Shinichi and Kaito look similar). At the time the original "Sisters" interview took place, we would have only had like 1 or 2 appearances of the Mystery Girl and there would have been no way to definitively say that she was Masumi's mother. Technically there is still not 100% proof that the Mystery Girl is Masumi's mother, we only have strong evidence that they are biologically related and that it is highly likely that the Mystery Girl could have shrank. As for Haibara, the only thing connecting her to the Mystery Girl is something from Sherry's Soliquies, which are not part of the manga cannon. As far as I can remember, this similarity between them has not been mentioned in the series itself. 

Plus, at this point, the sisters thing is really hard to place since there has really been no reason in series to say that any two characters are sisters. We only know about this because he said something in an interview. Had he not said that, a lot of the conversations about sisters would have never taken place and would be considered "crack theories". 

it's much safer to assume that Haibara is Masumi's cousin, which means Elena is Akai's mother's sister since Gosho said that there are 2 mothers who are sisters, he denied Yukiko of being one of them and told us that Masumi's mother is one of them, following the other hints it becomes clear.

One problem with this theory. Dont forget that Haibara's sister and Akai were romantically involved. If they were cousins it would be a bit creepy from Gosho I think.

In my opinion Amuro could be related with Akai's family but it just my opinion. What's sure it is that the Miyano, Amuro and Akai's family are connected. How I don't exactly know yet but there is something to investigate here certainly implicating Rum also. It's just what I think.

One problem with this theory. Dont forget that Haibara's sister and Akai were romantically involved. If they were cousins it would be a bit creepy from Gosho I think.

In my opinion Amuro could be related with Akai's family but it just my opinion. What's sure it is that the Miyano, Amuro and Akai's family are connected. How I don't exactly know yet but there is something to investigate here certainly implicating Rum also. It's just what I think.

In some countries(like mine) it's normal for cousins to get married, the only problem I see in it is the fact that they didn't know about it, which could possibly be explained by the fact that the 2 families got separated before Akemi was born, since the Miyanos started working for the BO 30 years ago, that's before Akemi's birth, so they might've never known about being cousins.

In some countries(like mine) it's normal for cousins to get married, the only problem I see in it is the fact that they didn't know about it, which could possibly be explained by the fact that the 2 families got separated before Akemi was born, since the Miyanos started working for the BO 30 years ago, that's before Akemi's birth, so they might've never known about being cousins.

Well I'm still skeptical about the cousins love history. Country's culture I guess. But where I agree with you it's that whatever the 2 related families are, the children's don't know about it and I still feel there is something important about Amuro in this history. The flashback of him with supposedly Elena Miyano(?) when he was a kid are related I think.

You should chek on the KudoProject, a French site with many interesting theories. You may find you're happiness !

I don;t remember him specifically stating that Masumi's mother was one of the two women. Can you site your source for this? I only remember him saying that Yukiko was not one of them (to debunk the idea that Yukiko and Chikage were sisters to explain why Shinichi and Kaito look similar). At the time the original "Sisters" interview took place, we would have only had like 1 or 2 appearances of the Mystery Girl and there would have been no way to definitively say that she was Masumi's mother. Technically there is still not 100% proof that the Mystery Girl is Masumi's mother, we only have strong evidence that they are biologically related and that it is highly likely that the Mystery Girl could have shrank. As for Haibara, the only thing connecting her to the Mystery Girl is something from Sherry's Soliquies, which are not part of the manga cannon. As far as I can remember, this similarity between them has not been mentioned in the series itself. 

Plus, at this point, the sisters thing is really hard to place since there has really been no reason in series to say that any two characters are sisters. We only know about this because he said something in an interview. Had he not said that, a lot of the conversations about sisters would have never taken place and would be considered "crack theories". 

I'm pretty sure I read the fact that Masumi's mother was one of the 2 sisters in the translating interviews topic, you should search for it there, but I disagree with you here, there is good evidence that the unknown child is Masumi's mother:

1) She has Masumi's eyes, the mother passed her looks to Masumi and Shuichi.

2) She was very happy when Shukichi won the Shogi titles. Shukichi is most likely the middle brother so she would be happy since he's her son.

3) Ran said that she met with the unknown child somewhere, since she met Masumi in the past, it's safe to assume she met them together, we can see that Masumi was very young, around 7 years old, that means that it took place around 10 years ago, the unknown child would've been too young to be recognized by Ran, which suggests she was shrunken, that means she was an adult when she met Ran, and the only one who makes perfect sense of being with Masumi when she met Ran 10 years ago is her mother. 

4) Masumi talks about her mother in a past tense, she says her mother had big breasts, which suggests she doesn't have them anymore, that mean she shrunk, furthermore, Masumi talks to Ran about her mother like Ran knows her, which means she thinks Ran knows her mother, all the pieces fit together now.

I don't know about you but for me it's clear as day that the unknown child is Masumi's mother.

Now we get to her being Haibara's aunt, there is more than one hint, it's not just the interview, these hints are:

1) There are multiple hints that Masumi is British, there also hints that the unknown child is British, assuming she's the mother, that means the mother is British, Elena is also British, so it fits, for the hints for them being British, there is a whole topic about it on DCTP.

2) The fact that we never saw Elena's eyes, maybe the look like Shuichi's eyes, although that is just a small speculation.

3) Haibara said that the child resembles her in Sherry's Soliloquy, Gosho said that he talks through Haibara, so that means it's Gosho's words.

I know they are slight hints, but they should serve as a good argument all together.

I'm pretty sure I read the fact that Masumi's mother was one of the 2 sisters in the translating interviews topic, you should search for it there, but I disagree with you here, there is good evidence that the unknown child is Masumi's mother:

1) She has Masumi's eyes, the mother passed her looks to Masumi and Shuichi.

2) She was very happy when Shukichi won the Shogi titles. Shukichi is most likely the middle brother so she would be happy since he's her son.

3) Ran said that she met with the unknown child somewhere, since she met Masumi in the past, it's safe to assume she met them together, we can see that Masumi was very young, around 7 years old, that means that it took place around 10 years ago, the unknown child would've been too young to be recognized by Ran, which suggests she was shrunken, that means she was an adult when she met Ran, and the only one who makes perfect sense of being with Masumi when she met Ran 10 years ago is her mother.

4) Masumi talks about her mother in a past tense, she says her mother had big breasts, which suggests she doesn't have them anymore, that mean she shrunk, furthermore, Masumi talks to Ran about her mother like Ran knows her, which means she thinks Ran knows her mother, all the pieces fit together now.

I don't know about you but for me it's clear as day that the unknown child is Masumi's mother.

Now we get to her being Haibara's aunt, there is more than one hint, it's not just the interview, these hints are:

1) There are multiple hints that Masumi is British, there also hints that the unknown child is British, assuming she's the mother, that means the mother is British, Elena is also British, so it fits, for the hints for them being British, there is a whole topic about it on DCTP.

2) The fact that we never saw Elena's eyes, maybe the look like Shuichi's eyes, although that is just a small speculation.

3) Haibara said that the child resembles her in Sherry's Soliloquy, Gosho said that he talks through Haibara, so that means it's Gosho's words.

I know they are slight hints, but they should serve as a good argument all together.

I totally agree with you on the unknown child and I will even ad an argument for you. If you look at the unknown child's clothes you can see that she's wearing a kind of a striking turtleneck (I'm not sure about the file). It's pure English style maybe old but still it's english.

And to get back to Amuro (I won't let go on this one XD), in the mystery train's file and even in Scarlet Showdown he's wearing an English coat from Victorian. Only in big confrontations between Conan and the Organization. All those families have a connection with England. Slights arguments to but I think it's Gosho style.

And I just forgot something about Kuroda. He's only drinking black tea. Tea is part of English traditions. It could be a false trail intentionally set by Gosho but I have my doubts.

I totally agree with you on the unknown child and I will even ad an argument for you. If you look at the unknown child's clothes you can see that she's wearing a kind of a striking turtleneck (I'm not sure about the file). It's pure English style maybe old but still it's english.

And to get back to Amuro (I won't let go on this one XD), in the mystery train's file and even in Scarlet Showdown he's wearing an English coat from Victorian. Only in big confrontations between Conan and the Organization. All those families have a connection with England. Slights arguments to but I think it's Gosho style.

And I just forgot something about Kuroda. He's only drinking black tea. Tea is part of English traditions. It could be a false trail intentionally set by Gosho but I have my doubts.

Lol, I still don't know about Amuro being blood-related to the Akai family and the Miyanos, but he's clearly related to Elena in some way, and yeah I know about the small hints of him being British, Kuroda drinking black tea sure doesn't sound like something big now, but later on when we progress through the arc, I have a feeling it will be important when added to other things.