Detective Conan World
Akazora

News for Movie 18

dcm18.png

Above is the official announcement for movie 18, due to come out April 2014 as expected.  This is just taken from the top portion of the "Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan: The Movie" announcement from Shounen Sunday.

This post will be updated as more news comes in, most likely much later this year.  Until then, feel free to post speculations and personal opinions, especially considering the producers now have two movies to juggle. 

Wow. Sadly, I just realized the 17th came out this month... Likely I won't see it till November.... actually for the past 2 years (the only movies I've known DC long enough to anticipate) I always give in to temptation and watch it raw about a week before the english subs come out xP   If 18 ends up Lupin and Conan, I may give up on the movies. Even if it isn't canon, the movies should be true to the universe. Now it seems as though they're swapping the "Ran's in Danger" card for an extended crossover special? And at that, one that's already been explored... I dunno.  Once the trailers are out, we'll see... _ _

Doesn't 18 have something to do with the Tokyo Sky Tree. I forgot where I heard that from.

But anyways, inb4 bombs again.

Looks like there's probably no Heiji in this one *sulks in the corner*. I hope 18 won't be another Kaito Kid movie, but then 14 was the last Kaito Kid movie and I guess either 18 or 19 (lol) will be a Kaito Kid movie since... 

I hope movie 18 will be something more captivating than soccer and bombs, something with Black Organization. Maybe Conan, Ran, Kogoro to catch a member from BO? And to see Ran using her karate on Velmouth? XD I really don't know. 

I think there's a possibility that it might be another Kid movie. From the movie patterns so far, Kid movies are usually every 3-5 movies (with the exception of Movie 10) so movie 18 will be the fourth year since 14.

There has been movies every year. I'm sure it's not going to be Lupin again, since that's a special. It might be Kaito Kid again, or Heji and Kazuha, or the Black organization. It's so exciting, but that's next year, this year, we should all be focusing on the latest movie, Private eye in the distant sea.

in the post credits scene of movie 17

we can see conan and lupin the 3rd talking to each other(dont know about what , it was in  Japanese, so i dont quite get it?) 

so i think that it is going to be lupin the 3rd vs Detective conan movie

i guess?

in the post credits scene of movie 17

we can see conan and lupin the 3rd talking to each other(dont know about what , it was in  Japanese, so i dont quite get it?) 

so i think that it is going to be lupin the 3rd vs Detective conan movie

i guess?

No, Lupin III vs. Conan will come out on this December, movie 18's release date is April 2014.

• Upvote 1

M15 wasn't that great for me and M16 was horrible for me, just stupid. I haven't jet watched M17 to judge it, and i wont have any high expectations for it cause i have constantly been disappointed after M12. If M18 ends up with kaitou kid, i would like it. Lately he has been less annoying to me, actually likable to be honest, and they cant make it worse then the ones before 17 and after 12

I'm hoping it deals with BO with maybe Saguru Hakuba in it. He's still considered a popular character even with his limited appearances. They do need to step it up with their videos though. I loved Movie 10 with their twist of adding detectives from episode 219, and having it deal with Kaitou Kid as he takes a serious tone in a movie that doesn't revolves around a jewel.

The thing is with the BO, if they add a new character, he will most likely die in the same movie seeing how its clear that movies are not canon. Also in movies they make Conan seem less worried about his identity. He slipped up on multiple occasions with the way he speaks towards others so this movie may end slipping with his identity but at the end will be saved by someone again like how Kaitou saved him.

So my guessing is this movie with deal with bombs.

Detective Conan 18th movie: Ijigen no Sniper.

"Shuichi Akai is targeted by a sniper and Masumi Sera is shot. Tokyo is in panic, citizens are taken in the shooting of a sniper. Nothing is known about him. Why was Sera targeted ? Will Akai be able to make it ? Jodie Starling and Subaru Okiya are also in this one. Will Conan be able to find and apprehend the culprit ?"

A first trailer should be attached with Lupin III vs Detective Conan.

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2013/11/29/18eme-film-pour-Detective-Conan

conan-2014-movie.jpg

• Upvote 3

If it's a movie about Shuuichi, my guess it's going to be a revenge plot related to Shuuichi's past in the FBI - like a case he solved and someone he arrested. I don't think there is going to be any major BO involvement (That would have been hyped for sure). Someone probably wanted to get revenge on Shuu for something he did for the FBI, but can't find him, so attacks Masumi to lure him out. Hearing the news about his sister ruins Okiya's stew-making plans. Jodie kidnaps Conan, rounds up the rest of the FBI, and they start trying to find the suspect and discover his motive. Meanwhile Conan and Okiya work together in the background and do all the real heavy lifting. The finale is Conan being chased by the sniper's bullets, which is stopped by Okiya/Akai sniping the guy from X00 yards away. Amuro was in Hawaii this entire time working on his tan and misses all the action. The end.

• Upvote 3

Knowing the movies are not cannon. Will this movie play with our perception on weather Sera and Akia are really related?

If Akia is really Okiya?

Or will it be a completly made up situation. Which is a bit ambiguious?

Or will both these points be confirmed in the manga by then?

Did the movie really release or it was a hoax? When will it be released in english subtitles..

the DVD comes out somewhere out in october i think, and with the current situations of not a lot of translators...so its going to take a really long time   

It has already been released in Japan last April 19, 2014 (if you had read some other news about it) 

If you're talking about when it will be subbed, subbers usually release them 6 months after the movie release date (I think it's because that's when the DVDs are released?), so if you're a hardcore DC fan, patience is a virtue.

• Upvote 1

Isn't there already a topic for this? :huh:

Anyway, wiki says: April 19, 2014. That means it has already been released. If you mean English subs, 6 months to go! D: