Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea

True....when do you think the series would end? I think it would end on 1000.....

About movie seventeen, is it another version of movie 9?

And I still vote on my idea if conan in outer space!

same here like he is trapped and only conan can land it along with heiji and kaito OMG Epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQmbrdPIaA

The Trailer OMG Heiji is in it

Wow, the link's down so fast.

Here's another --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdXwKgmjTn0

According to the trailers:

The 13th movie was a "battle mystery"...

The 15th movie was a "survival mystery"...

and the next odd-numbered movie is going to be a...

"spy mystery"

I'll do a quick analysis of the trailer, but it won't be detailed because most of these scenes looked so rushed when animated I doubt they'll use more than half of them in the actual movie.

It just starts out with a bunch of unrelated scenes of battleships and ship crew with a warning bell ringing. Absolutely nothing to comment on. Except maybe the fact that the water looks so bad. Then Conan turns around fast and dramatically while yelling "what!?" because that's a staple of every trailer in this series. And he has a life jacket on, if that's important. The next scene is that of a corpse, most likely beaten to death. Nothing much, we've all seen better. After that Heiji is on the phone and yells something about a spy. There's a short and sweet scene of a computer analyzing facial data on a criminal (the spy?) followed by Conan using what appears to be a new Agasa invention on his watch. Next, there's another computer screenshot of different CGI skeleton views of a battleship entitle "Angis_hotaka". "Angis" could be a reference to a snake or a Latin derivative of the word for pain. "Hotaka" could mean a lot of things, too. There's also confirmation of Kazuha, of course, in the next scene. Nothing to see in the Conan running scene or the helicopter scene (plenty of those in other movies anyway). Right after that, we have one of the shortest scenes presented and it is a potentially important one. The criminal holds up a red, 10 GB SD card with his or her right hand and smirks. There are some quick scenes of torpedoes being launched and a battleship being rocked by the blast. After a blinked-and-missed-it Mouri scene, we have a Tropical Land flashback of Ran telling Shinichi something. And after two plain scenes of Conan and a battleship, the title screen is finally shown. I have to say, if anything, their title screen always look pretty neat and varied in appearance. And that's the end of my analysis.

Credit to Zenthisoror of the DCTP spoiler cbox who gives a synopsis of the official Movie 17 website

Also the trailer is on the official website above, if the youtube ones get taken down

The trailer says, "A strange vessels filled with explosives..."

But it then follows it with, "A body without a left arm..." which sounds grim...

The story sounds as though there's a spy on board the Aegis, and they're going to have find him.

Conan says, "If things go on like this, Japan will be in danger!"

Movie 17 Story: A murdered defense force member! A spy on board the Aegis! And the hands of evil getting closer to Ran...

A supremely dangerous emergency mission!

Target: The whole of Japan!

Floating upon seas struck by the early light of morning, was a strange ship, filled with explosives...that ship was the beginning of everything...

Kyoto: Maizuru Bay

Supported by the Defense Force Navy, the valuable Aegis has been opened up for visitors to go on a navy experience cruise.

Conan, Ran, Kogoro and the Detective Boys are enjoying an immensely exciting cruise on the (okay, forgive me the literal translate here. I don't really know much about technology systems in English) electronically weaponized high-tech ship.

Suddenly they hear a loud roar...and an unsettling, uneasy feeling permeates the ship... and not long later, they find a body without a left arm. And it's the body of a defense force member.

They note a number of strange things about the body...

As Conan investigates, they find out that the spy 'X', working for an unspecified country, is aboard the ship.

Who is spy 'X'? And what is his link with the mysterious boat at the start?

The shadow of the creeping spy eventually begins to fall upon Conan and his friends...

A great conspiracy beyond anything imaginable upon the seas, that could rock the whole of Japan, had been hidden away upon the Aegis!

Edit: The ship is called Aegis, and is not the same named missile defense program used by some Self Defense force ships

Considering how much money Gosho makes from movies alone, it's not as impossible as one thinks.

I know right? It would be cool, Conan in outer space. His space ship along with Heiji, Kaito Kid, Saguru, Ran, Kazuha, Nakamori-keibu, and the other unimportant people is about to fly straight into the sun and they have to somehow use "logic" to escape. (Like using a bomb to propel a car to a different building like Movie 5).

Considering how much money Gosho makes from movies alone, it's not as impossible as one thinks.

I'm sure Gosho likes money like most people, but authorhood doesn't give you the power you think it does. It's likely the anime team and shogakukan have as much say in movies as Gosho does. The publisher holds most of the power (especially at first, remember they told Gosho to write a detective story to compete with Kindaichi), so it would be legally normal for Gosho to have signed over most of his rights to Detective Conan in a contract to be able to publish in Shounen Sunday. Think of the usual contract terms for books and songs. Why would manga be different? Remember, the magazine and the anime team get money for DC movies too. I'm sure Gosho saying no would be important (and they would listen to him) because the publisher and anime team respect him for his work done so far and don't want him to get upset and stop writing, but it would probably damage Gosho's standing somewhat and make negotiations for salary and assistants and all that other jazz a little harder. (well, if we had the money from a movie we could offer you ¥X, but...) Gosho doesn't want that or to spend precious time arguing, so he has the incentive to go with the flow.

I'm sure Gosho likes money like most people, but authorhood doesn't give you the power you think it does. It's likely the anime team and shogakukan have as much say in movies as Gosho does. The publisher holds most of the power (especially at first, remember they told Gosho to write a detective story to compete with Kindaichi), so it would be legally normal for Gosho to have signed over most of his rights to Detective Conan in a contract to be able to publish in Shounen Sunday. Think of the usual contract terms for books and songs. Why would manga be different? Remember, the magazine and the anime team get money for DC movies too. I'm sure Gosho saying no would be important (and they would listen to him) because the publisher and anime team respect him for his work done so far and don't want him to get upset and stop writing, but it would probably damage Gosho's standing somewhat and make negotiations for salary and assistants and all that other jazz a little harder. (well, if we had the money from a movie we could offer you ¥X, but...) Gosho doesn't want that or to spend precious time arguing, so he has the incentive to go with the flow.

... which is the long form version of what I've said, but A-OK with someone explaining it in long form so I don't have to.

... which is the long form version of what I've said, but A-OK with someone explaining it in long form so I don't have to.

Sorry, it's just that normally people overestimate Gosho's power in controlling the production, economics, and dissemination of DC. Misconceptions about Gosho's power obscures the things Gosho does have the ability to influence - which can be validly praised or criticized.

For instance, people tend to center on Gosho only for issues like why cases are less gory (shifting public values -> editorial pressure avoidance), influential financial incentives (what you mentioned), or official authorial approval of "flawed" derivative works (eg Case Closed, recent movies). On the opposite end, people underestimate Gosho's ability to control pacing (Shogakukan really needs DC financially, but Gosho isn't dragging individual arcs out for that reason), or utilize controversial plot developments like major character deaths or romance. (Early on when Gosho was still building repute, their suggestions had more sway (eg. introduce a rival (Hattori)), but now Gosho has relatively free reign after having "proven himself".)

Considering how much money Gosho, Shogakukan, and TMS make from movies alone, it's not as impossible as one thinks.

TLDR: Chekhov is picky, but presumes to have good reasons for being so.

Actual (and only version that I've seen so far) HD trailer --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBaML173bi8

And that "10 GB" red SD card, now that I can read it properly, only says "MICRO SD CARD" with no capacity size indicated.

EDIT:

Link to 60 sec trailer. Not much, just some more character confirmation --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4Bv-_rClw

It wasn't really worth a double post.

Edited by Akazora

Not that excited for this. I didn't enjoy movies 16, 14 and 13 so here's hoping that this'll turn out like movie 15...

True but again I be amaze it happen =)

I don't think movie 52 going to happen. I like Quarter of Silence, they pull off the impossble. Not excited. If Heiji got himself in trouble I consider watching how he get out of mess or Conan's own adventure I'm interested. Not interested in rescue except boys save boys.

I like some of the movies, they are fun to watch but some are just dumb... and none of the directors of the conan movies have really used the full potential that the movies provide yet!! Cmon, since gosho does not look to the movies, and they are not canon, the movies are basically fanfiction:) animated fanfiction!

if we get somebody who was actually a huge fan of DC to direct a movie, think of how awesome that would be!
like somebody said, I'm really eager too for the inevitable shin/ran drowning scene.

but still... *TO CONAN MOVIE 17 DIRECTOR OR WHATEVER*

Don't be afraid to burst out of the bubble yo, BREAK THE MOLD!! Give us something different this time >:]

This movie's premise is quite interesting, but it would take a lot of skill to pull off and not let down the fans. Judging from the past few movies, things are not looking too bright...but maybe a miracle will happen! (I hope...)

We have the new guest seiyuu!  

Her name is Kou Shibasaki (柴咲コウさん) and she's an actress and singer.  I'm looking at some of her pictures, and she's kind of pretty.  Oh dang, she was an actress in the movie Battle Royal!  I have high hopes already.  Her songs are alright I guess.

1360803610_conan_shibazakisan.jpg 

1360803610_guest_fujiinanami2.gif

Link to televised announcement of her involvment with the movie --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_eYqDSGcQ

Higher quality link --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hvKcX-ydgg

Edited by Akazora

I apologize in advance for the double post.  I didn't want this to get lost with my previous post.

This has been floating around the web for a while, but here are the highest quality pictures of the movie poster to my knowledge...

1361858695_conan17_maeuri.jpg

Sources: Recently updated on the official movie website news blog here --> http://conan-movie.jp/blog/

We have the new guest seiyuu!  

Her name is Kou Shibasaki (柴咲コウさん) and she's an actress and singer.  I'm looking at some of her pictures, and she's kind of pretty.  Oh dang, she was an actress in the movie Battle Royal!  I have high hopes already.  Her songs are alright I guess.

1360803610_conan_shibazakisan.jpg 

1360803610_guest_fujiinanami2.gif

Link to televised announcement of her involvment with the movie --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_eYqDSGcQ

Higher quality link --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hvKcX-ydgg

Ha! Loved her in Battle Royale. I'm a big fan. Now I'm certain I'll watch this movie.

Good timing with that post Ren-kun, or else I may have had to triple post.  Why is this thread so quiet?  I hope this livens things up...

*** THEME SONG FOR MOVIE 17 ANNOUNCED! ***

The theme song will be sung by Kazuyoshi Saito (斉藤和義さん) and will be called "One More Time" (ワンモアタイム, Wan Moa Taimu).

Pictures pertaining to the announcement:

1362085230_kazuyoshi_saito_photo.jpg    1362085230_onemoretime.jpg

Sources:

Announcement as featured on the official movie news blog --> http://conan-movie.jp/blog/index.php?UID=1362085230

Announcement as featured on Kazuyoshi Saito's official website --> http://www.kazuyoshi-saito.com/post/release/10219/

• Upvote 2