Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea

With the latest Shonen Sunday comes the latest news about the new movie. We now have more information than ever about it, hence I shall start this new topic here.

The title of the movie will be Private Eye in the Distant Sea, it will debut on April 20th, 2013, and will take place on a vessel, via Anime News Network:

The movie is set on a state-of-the art Aegis vessel with the full cooperation of Japan's Ministry of Defense and Maritime Self-Defense Force. The heroine Ran is put in jeopardy, and Conan is forced to stand up against a dangerous criminal.

conan-17.jpg

Image: http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/actus/2012/11/16/17eme-film-pour-Detective-Conan

• Upvote 6

They shouldn’t even mention that Ran’s life is put in danger anymore since that happens in every single movie. It’s not like it’s a surprise or all that suspenseful anymore in that regard. You should come to expect it, like with Agasa’s Shitty Quiz.

The movie doesn’t look nor sound too interesting so far, but I’ll refrain from further judgement until I see how it looks when the trailer comes out.

• Upvote 8

Meh...They should change the one to be put in danger like Gin or Vodka. Ran is too mainstream already.

Or perhaps they should try making a movie that's canon. That would be terrific.

Movie 17-wise, I hope it's not like Movie 11.

• Upvote 3

All I can say is that Conan-chan looks extremely adorable all suited up and in salute. :wub:

And please tell me I'm not the only one to think that Shinichi would look exceptionally drool-worthy in that suit. I'm sure Ran would definitely approve.

• Upvote 4

REALLY??!!?? THERE'S A MOVIE SEVENTEEN?!?

Yes!!

Well, I should have expected it.

I would hope!!

I wonder how long the prologue is.....

Probably just as obnoxiously long as usual!!

I wonder if this time it will be Haibara to be in danger....

I highly doubt that!!

• Upvote 3

They should start making Conan movies overseas. . .

I wonder if there is a Movie 52. It would probably be Conan in outer space.... XD

I highly doubt a movie in outer space. But why number 52?

Hey, Conan has 18 movies, 11 ovas, 677 episodes, 6 magic files and a lot more stuff. Who says Movie 52 isn't possible?! LOL

Considering how much money Gosho makes from movies alone, it's not as impossible as one thinks.

"The heroine Ran is put in jeopardy"

Nice to see the movie team trying new things

But I am somewhat interested in the inevitable ship sinking/conan and ran almost drowning scene, hope the movie is good

• Upvote 2

"The heroine Ran is put in jeopardy"

Nice to see the movie team trying new things

But I am somewhat interested in the inevitable ship sinking/conan and ran almost drowning scene, hope the movie is good

I no longer have hope for the movies. So long as they aren't awful like 11 and 14, it should be fine...

Doraemon's 34th movie will be coming out in march and there's no sign of it stopping any time soon. If Conan ends up going the Doraemon route, which IMO is likely, and if the movies continue to bring in as much cash then there's no reason why they wouldn't continue on and on and on and on with the movies.

• Upvote 1

The movie guys are following the age-old advice in entertainment: stick with what you know. Hence Ran is in danger almost all the time.

Doraemon's 34th movie will be coming out in march and there's no sign of it stopping any time soon. If Conan ends up going the Doraemon route, which IMO is likely, and if the movies continue to bring in as much cash then there's no reason why they wouldn't continue on and on and on and on with the movies.

This. It is absolutely likely. I've been saying for years personally that once the series ends don't sell the idea of the movies still going short. It's a very real and very possible idea.