5 replies to this topic

#1 ShinRanx3

ShinRanx3

Eyewitness

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Does anyone know how long it's been in the DC series?
I'd guess around 2 months, because episode 268 and 608 are exactly a month apart...
Is a reason necessary? I don't know why you would kill someone, but as for saving someone a logical mind isn't needed, right?

Detective Conan can not end until Gin and Akai Kiss xP

#2 Ace Detective

Ace Detective

Eyewitness

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hmm this is a good question I am sure the timeline gets messed up a lot because if you add all the days from the episode its easily over 3 years but they never seem to age so its very hard to tell how much time has passed for sure.

#3 TML

TML

Protagonist

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

The answer to this question lies in a concept called a floating timeline (also known as a sliding timescale). This concept is used in fiction to make characters' ages stay relatively constant despite real-life changes in the background. On the US TV show The Simpsons, two of the main characters have remained in the same grade levels in school despite going through four different presidents (from Bush 41 to Obama).

Applied here, the ages of the major characters in Detective Conan have been kept relatively constant, despite obvious real-life changes in the background (for example, one of Conan's gadgets, the Earring Cellphone, has been superceded because of the evolution of cell phone technology in recent years).

I wonder if the producers will ever let any of the major characters age - if they had allowed them to age as in real-life since the beginning of the series, Dr. Agasa would be in his late 60s by now, Kogoro & Eri (also Yusaku & Yukiko) would be in their early 50s, while the Detective Boys would be in their early 20s and Ran, Shinichi, and Sonoko (also Heiji and Kazuha) would be in their early 30s.

#4 detectiveRJB

detectiveRJB

Officer

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Five month!

#5 kirhidemi

kirhidemi

Eyewitness

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

hope that they will age event a year or 2 just like how naruto shift time from the original series to shippuden

#6 Wakarimashita

Wakarimashita

Protagonist

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

hope that they will age event a year or 2 just like how naruto shift time from the original series to shippuden

Oh god no. I hope Gosho spares us from such a louzy, unoriginal and overused device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users