Detective Conan World
AJ M.

Fandub

So I do not know what led me to do this, nor why I even did this, but I felt like making a fandub video of DC today. Then I uploaded the UNFINISHED video on youtube on a new channel I made. O.o It's a fandub of the corny scene in London when Shinichi confessed to Ran, BUT I still need a female voice actor for Ran to help finish the scene!

EDIT: The official video for the fandub is right below! :mrgreen: I would like to thank Misaki-chan for being the voice actor for Ran! She did a great job. <3

I actually had fun voicing for Shinichi. :-o

• Upvote 2

*watching *waiting *reacts,,,,

Wonderful~ Nice fandub.. Keep it up!

You read my mind. =X

But good job as Shinichi AJ! :D

Of course I did. We're twins :P

+1 AJ-kun.

Thanks you guys! And Misaki, just hit me up a message when you have your audio prepared and I will be looking forward to receiving it (not sure how yet :P).

EDIT: The official video for the fandub is right below! :mrgreen: I would like to thank Misaki-chan for being the voice actor for Ran! She did a great job. <3

Aw, you're welcome <3 It was my pleasure <333

• Upvote 2

EPIC YOU GUYS!!!

Also, if I may, AJ-kun, your pronunciation of Ran's name sounded like "Ran" when I think it's supposed to be "Rahn"....er am I making sense?

But still epic!!! ^^

I agree with Anime, I notice there's one word you mispronounce is Ran's name. Shinichi's voice is husky, I find it mature but I don't have recollection he has husky voice because he sound like teenager. You make him sound like he's sexy adult. To make it less husky for his age, press nose for effect when practice lines. I'm impressed by Misaki, she did so well in her part and I believe that was what Ran sound like in my head, imagine how she talk.

I give her acting skill 5/5. AJM, Shinichi don't use pun for way and style...

From experience, and knowledge I learn from drama for a year in high school 2005.

I absolutely loved this you guys!!! :D Loved both of your voices! +1

I agree with Anime, I notice there's one word you mispronounce is Ran's name. Shinichi's voice is husky, I find it mature but I don't have recollection he has husky voice because he sound like teenager. You make him sound like he's sexy adult. To make it less husky for his age, press nose for effect when practice lines. I'm impressed by Misaki, she did so well in her part and I believe that was what Ran sound like in my head, imagine how she talk.

From experience, and knowledge I learn from drama for a year in high school 2005.

I don't think AJ's voice was that husky... it definitely didn't sound like a sexy adult lol. His voice was actually very good as Shinichi and trust me, I have watched several other fandubs and his voice is one of the better ones. And I dont think his pronunciation of Ran is that serious... He pronounced it pretty good anywayss for someone whos not japanese. ~justsaying

I absolutely loved this you guys!!! :D Loved both of your voices! +1

I don't think AJ's voice was that husky... it definitely didn't sound like a sexy adult lol. His voice was actually very good as Shinichi and trust me, I have watched several other fandubs and his voice is one of the better ones. And I dont think his pronunciation of Ran is that serious... He pronounced it pretty good anywayss for someone whos not japanese. ~justsaying

I mean it's not THAT big of a deal--it didn't take away from the video. However, there's always room for improvement, right?

Nice job. I liked how Misaki-chan was full of emotion~~ <3 really sounded like as if you were crying.

As for AJ-kun, yes, what Artistic Poet sensei said is true, I thought it was good though~ :P

I also have experience but too short to actually say anything... 2008 drama class and 2010 Theatre class...

Misaki did good job. I'm not saying I'm prejudiced, but when Shinichi talk, I suddenly feel I'm watching Shinichi talking two character's voice together... There's an echo.

Thanks for all the compliments and constructive criticisms!

I'll have to be honest with you Artistic Poet. I can't seem to be following and acknowledging your criticisms due to their inconsistencies. You say it's the mispronunciation of Ran, then it's the mature husky (sexy?) voice of mine (which I don't agree with), then you talk about your experience in a high school drama class (which doesn't exactly make what you say credible), and now it's my audio's echoness that disturbs you. And the fact that there is no positive feedback for me whatsoever only makes your criticism seem even less credible. Just for future references, I WILL take your word for it if you simply state both the pros and cons of what I did. And no, I'm not angry. I just wanted to let you know my thoughts about your critique.

That said, I will copy the description of the video from youtube and paste it here:

My intent for this fandub is to entertain, not to be compared with the original Japanese episode (I'm well aware that the japanese voices are much more appropriate for DC).

AJM, from start you know what I said is not criticism. It's a review. NOT criticsm. Reviews don't have credit. Misaki did good job, there's no need degrading. About Japanese, it's different matter. For info, that part is the last thing I have in mind comparing. Only pyschopath think that. But I guess much you will react this way. Be my guest.

ADDED: Anyway, AJM and I had talk it through, we have come to mutual understanding. I agree with Animegirl.

AJM, this is not review or critic, but honest comment, your voice remind me of Heiji and his style for no reason. You look at video two times, you understand. The rest is fine. :)

Besides that, Misaki's voice is coolest voice I ever heard from her.

Edited by Artistic Poet

I'm not a fan of fandubs (heh, get it?), but from what I know, this isn't bad. The voices, especially Misaki's, is kinda tinny and sharp.

How punny :P

Thanks for telling me. I didn't notice it at first. Will have to remember to listen to that next time I do a fan dub...

And..... Here's the new fandub! :mrgreen:

Might as well post the video's description as well:

My intent for this fandub is to entertain, not to be compared with the original Japanese episode (I'm well aware that the japanese voices are much more appropriate for DC).

And I would like to thank Misaki for being the voice actor for Ran!

ENJOY!

Edited by AJ M.

It's been quite some time, but here's another fandub voiced by Misaki-chan and I!

Stranger in 10 Years Fandub:

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Great job, guys! :D

BTW, AJ, how were you able to remove the Japanese voices? Me and some of my friends would like to make a DC fandub for fun. We don't know how to remove the voices, but you were able to. mellow.gif

Yeah, with even all the music intact too. I like that :)

Hmm... I guess I'll post my opinion on them all...

So, I'll start with AJ M...

More emotion is needed in your voice, I think. Not sure how you can improve it other than practicing and thinking about where you put the emphasis on some of the words, but yeah. I also think your voice sounds a bit too old for Shinichi, though that may just be me. Still, I think someone else might've mentioned it earlier so~

With Misaki, while you're really good at getting the emotions right, I think sometimes you speak a little too slowly for the situation or sound as if you're reading something out with your words suddenly becoming weirdly precise. However, I've only noticed it at a few points and you've got to keep in mind that I was trying to pick out all the flaws as I was watching it.

The microphone stuff on the first one could be heard quite a bit, but listening to the later ones, I can barely hear it any more, pretty good on that part :D.

Hmmm... there's also the wordiness of some of the lines, but with having to match the mouth flaps, it can't really be helped.

Other than that, I think the extras might need a bit more work put into them. In the Desperate Revival vid, there was a part where one of them was talking about a gun and... they sounded kinda bored.

Overall though, this is definitely one of the best fandubs I've found for Conan, probably even the best. Keep working at it and good luck :lol:

With Misaki, while you're really good at getting the emotions right, I think sometimes you speak a little too slowly for the situation or sound as if you're reading something out with your words suddenly becoming weirdly precise. However, I've only noticed it at a few points and you've got to keep in mind that I was trying to pick out all the flaws as I was watching it.

The microphone stuff on the first one could be heard quite a bit, but listening to the later ones, I can barely hear it any more, pretty good on that part :D.

Thank you ^^

Whoops. =X I'll have to remember to keep my lines more natural when I do them. I guess I sometimes spoke slowly since I have a tendency to speak fast ^^;

That's probably because I got a new mic :P Before I had used my default mic in my computer, but now I have a real mic that is better quality.

Hmmm... there's also the wordiness of some of the lines, but with having to match the mouth flaps, it can't really be helped.

Other than that, I think the extras might need a bit more work put into them. In the Desperate Revival vid, there was a part where one of them was talking about a gun and... they sounded kinda bored.

Overall though, this is definitely one of the best fandubs I've found for Conan, probably even the best. Keep working at it and good luck :lol:

Are they? I'll try to keep that in mind next time I do a fan dub.

Obviously because being shot is such a boring way to die. We all know cyanide and fishing wire is the best way to get killed :P

Thank you ^^