Detective Conan World
Mim5288

So lot's of you know about Avatar the last airbender right. So it was anounsed a while ago that they where going to make a new series of it about the next avatar 80 years after the last series ended. They also have resently made a official web site for it called Korra Nation where you can watch previews get up dates and lots of other info on the upcoming series it's really awsome you should check it out :)

http://sot.ag/NTExMDA3

Looking forward to it certainly, but I think this topic is better suited to the Music, Movies, TV forum. Though I don't believe anime is inherently different, a lot of people do, and Avatar, as awesome as it is, is not Japanese animation.

That said, avatar is awesome, and the fact that the two creators are pretty much doing all the writing, I have high hopes for this series as being a darker stronger series than the original.

I think this topic is better suited to the Music, Movies, TV forum. Though I don't believe anime is inherently different, a lot of people do, and Avatar, as awesome as it is, is not Japanese animation.

Whoop :) sorry about that your right :)

Ooh I didn't know there was a thread for this. I haven't watched an ep of LOK in a couple months now but I'm currently towards the end of book 2. I don't like it as much as ATLA but it's by no means bad. It took me a while longer to warm up to it as well but the characters are quite likable once you give them a chance. I wish it wasn't romance oriented during some parts though that's just a pet peeve of mine. I liked how some characters from ATLA got parts in the show or had their children be characters though. *and insert obligatory mention of Korra and Asami being bi here*

Oh dear, here we go.  Was about to go to sleep when I saw this and couldn't wait until later to respond.

First of all, "anime" in Japanese refers to all forms of animation regardless of style, genre, or nationality.  That's because it's a shorthand version of the borrowed English word "animation".  By this definition The Simpsons and Family Guy as well as The Lion King are all anime.  In the west, America specifically, we have "anime" defined as "animation from Japan".  This is why there's an entire Wikipedia page on anime-influenced animation, since animated series and movies made in the west can still appear to look like anime.  ATLA/LoK as well as RWBY are therefor categorized as western animation, and not anime, on this side of the globe.  Because this site was created by our beloved Canadian Maurice and utilizes American English as its language, organization of the forums and posts should revolve around American categorization.  Otherwise we'd have Teen Titans and Totally Spies threads in the "Anime" section.

And IMDb is not good at cataloging anime, therefore making it a weak source.  Not to mention, anyone can just add random information so credibility is low for the less monitored pages.  The two largest databases of anime in the west are MyAnimeList and Anime News Network.  Because they specialize only in anime, they're far more thorough, all-encompassing, and detailed, and both have come to the conclusion that ATLA and LoK are not anime.

Ooh I didn't know there was a thread for this. I haven't watched an ep of LOK in a couple months now but I'm currently towards the end of book 2. I don't like it as much as ATLA but it's by no means bad. It took me a while longer to warm up to it as well but the characters are quite likable once you give them a chance. I wish it wasn't romance oriented during some parts though that's just a pet peeve of mine. I liked how some characters from ATLA got parts in the show or had their children be characters though. *and insert obligatory mention of Korra and Asami being bi here*

I agree, but the characters lack developement till season 4...and even then it was meh

Oh dear, here we go. Was about to go to sleep when I saw this and couldn't wait until later to respond.

First of all, "anime" in Japanese refers to all forms of animation regardless of style, genre, or nationality. That's because it's a shorthand version of the borrowed English word "animation". By this definition The Simpsons and Family Guy as well as The Lion King are all anime. In the west, America specifically, we have "anime" defined as "animation from Japan". This is why there's an entire Wikipedia page on anime-influenced animation, since animated series and movies made in the west can still appear to look like anime. ATLA/LoK as well as RWBY are therefor categorized as western animation, and not anime, on this side of the globe. Because this site was created by our beloved Canadian Maurice and utilizes American English as its language, organization of the forums and posts should revolve around American categorization. Otherwise we'd have Teen Titans and Totally Spies threads in the "Anime" section.

And IMDb is not good at cataloging anime, therefore making it a weak source. Not to mention, anyone can just add random information so credibility is low for the less monitored pages. The two largest databases of anime in the west are MyAnimeList and Anime News Network. Because they specialize only in anime, they're far more thorough, all-encompassing, and detailed, and both have come to the conclusion that ATLA and LoK are not anime.

Bro, let it gooooo

just curious

whats your guys favorite season and villain 

I don't really have a favorite season, but season 2 was, by far, the worst

favorite villain though

idk

guru laghima, I guess

an airbender

who lived over 4000 years ago

you've probably never heard of him

jk, I know he's not a villain

I don't really have a favorite season, but season 2 was, by far, the worst

favorite villain though

idk

guru laghima, I guess

an airbender

who lived over 4000 years ago

you've probably never heard of him

jk, I know he's not a villain

Realy, season 2. Mine would be season 4. But season 2 has the worst episode ever...6. Even worse then the great devide.

I guess its a toss between those 2, based on fan coments

I know of laghima, poetic fella

Im torn between amon and zaheer

But the best anti-heros are eska and desna

Realy, season 2. Mine would be season 4. But season 2 has the worst episode ever...6. Even worse then the great devide.

I guess its a toss between those 2, based on fan coments

I know of laghima, poetic fella

Im torn between amon and zaheer

But the best anti-heros are eska and desna

I thought season 4 was fine (Kai and Opal got on my nerves though). My biggest complaint has to be... uh, okay, I'm going to get a lot of beef for this (and I already have), but I didn't like how the fourth season ended. I'm fine with Korra and Asami being bi, but I just got ticked off at how underdeveloped their relationship was. It was almost as if the creators just pulled this ending from their arses for the sake of triggering discussion. Still, it's not the worst way it could've ended, but it definitely had room for improvement.

Kuvira was a solid villain though.

Season 2 was godawful. First of all, the love triangle was disgusting. Completely unnecessary and distracting. It took away from the story and my enjoyment. Also, the final fight scene looked like something that was ripped off of DBZ.

But none of this changes the fact that Desna and Eska are my spirit animals.

I liked Zaheer a lot. Amon was good, but he would've been a better villain if his "scar" was waterproof.

Having his makeup washed off was the most anticlimactic unveiling scene of the entire series.

After taking the time to type this all out, I think season 3 has to be my favorite then.

I thought season 4 was fine (Kai and Opal got on my nerves though). My biggest complaint has to be... uh, okay, I'm going to get a lot of beef for this (and I already have), but I didn't like how the fourth season ended. I'm fine with Korra and Asami being bi, but I just got ticked off at how underdeveloped their relationship was. It was almost as if the creators just pulled this ending from their arses for the sake of triggering discussion. Still, it's not the worst way it could've ended, but it definitely had room for improvement.

Kuvira was a solid villain though.

Season 2 was godawful. First of all, the love triangle was disgusting. Completely unnecessary and distracting. It took away from the story and my enjoyment. Also, the final fight scene looked like something that was ripped off of DBZ.

But none of this changes the fact that Desna and Eska are my spirit animals.

I liked Zaheer a lot. Amon was good, but he would've been a better villain if his "scar" was waterproof.

Having his makeup washed off was the most anticlimactic unveiling scene of the entire series.

After taking the time to type this all out, I think season 3 has to be my favorite then.

You are not wrong for thinking that THAT ending came out of nowhere. I felt like they were reading fan mail and got that idea. I mean she was gone for 3 years, before that she has warmed up to her as a person...so all of a suden...lets be in love ??????. I thought the ending should have bean that they al got together to take pictures. But only those 2...smh

Season 2 is like the first season of UBW for me, slow but i can get use to it. The bad things were as you said the love stuff, and i guess they didnt have to make varik a bad guy. Im just wondering why unalaq never went inside the spirit word via south portal with korra...she clearly isnt able to alighne with any avatar or rava. If she saw vaatu, unalaq could have said it is a spirit tree. Once opened his army would bevthere to ambush....all in all, it is clearly rushed as they said

But begininngs were awesome.

Going back to amon, well, they had to make him bend vater and that was the only way...i guess

How he unlocked het airbending i will never know.

Ironic how aang took his dads bending and now he takes the avatars.

But killing himself and his bro...wow, not even disnay is that dark.

Im stll stuck between 1 and 3

You know what bothereth me about 4.

Its that mako was only noticeable in the ladt one, bolin has not became a master fighter

Not enough meelo, suu, the united nations are the same as the un...if it is happening to someone else then its not our problem untill it is.

Not enough toph, she is my fave even in old age

Spurit ray canons...where did that come from

Kuvira was ok

Here is a something

Do you rememmber in ep17 of season 1 of the last airbender

The northern air temple then and now look diff

You are not wrong for thinking that THAT ending came out of nowhere. I felt like they were reading fan mail and got that idea. I mean she was gone for 3 years, before that she has warmed up to her as a person...so all of a suden...lets be in love ??????. I thought the ending should have bean that they al got together to take pictures. But only those 2...smh

Season 2 is like the first season of UBW for me, slow but i can get use to it. The bad things were as you said the love stuff, and i guess they didnt have to make varik a bad guy. Im just wondering why unalaq never went inside the spirit word via south portal with korra...she clearly isnt able to alighne with any avatar or rava. If she saw vaatu, unalaq could have said it is a spirit tree. Once opened his army would bevthere to ambush....all in all, it is clearly rushed as they said

But begininngs were awesome.

Going back to amon, well, they had to make him bend vater and that was the only way...i guess

How he unlocked het airbending i will never know.

Ironic how aang took his dads bending and now he takes the avatars.

But killing himself and his bro...wow, not even disnay is that dark.

Im stll stuck between 1 and 3

You know what bothereth me about 4.

Its that mako was only noticeable in the ladt one, bolin has not became a master fighter

Not enough meelo, suu, the united nations are the same as the un...if it is happening to someone else then its not our problem untill it is.

Not enough toph, she is my fave even in old age

Spurit ray canons...where did that come from

Kuvira was ok

Here is a something

Do you rememmber in ep17 of season 1 of the last airbender

The northern air temple then and now look diff

my thoughts exactly

the shock factor from Korrasami just came out of thin air

I think season 2 was just poorly planned.

I guess they didn't leave any room to create a coherent story for season 2 since they didn't intend to continue LoK after season 1

I actually really like how dark LoK was compared to ATLA. ATLA was a little bit too kid-friendly for my taste, but I still loved it

you know, season 1 wasn't bad, but gosh, I really dislike how they just forced Korra and Mako together for the sake of having a romantic subplot

my main complaint for season 4 is the lack of Sokka and Toph

the spirit energy cannon was a bit over the top, and Kuvira's mecha was poorly designed and tacky (a tank would've been a lot more effective, imo)

Kai and Opal were really annoying side characters

Meelo got really annoying as well

Lin and Suyin's backstory was kinda neat though

well, Ghazan did burn it down

but if you were referring to the art style, the art and animation of LoK was a huge step up from ATLA

it was glorious

my thoughts exactly

the shock factor from Korrasami just came out of thin air

I think season 2 was just poorly planned.

I guess they didn't leave any room to create a coherent story for season 2 since they didn't intend to continue LoK after season 1

I actually really like how dark LoK was compared to ATLA. ATLA was a little bit too kid-friendly for my taste, but I still loved it

you know, season 1 wasn't bad, but gosh, I really dislike how they just forced Korra and Mako together for the sake of having a romantic subplot

my main complaint for season 4 is the lack of Sokka and Toph

the spirit energy cannon was a bit over the top, and Kuvira's mecha was poorly designed and tacky (a tank would've been a lot more effective, imo)

Kai and Opal were really annoying side characters

Meelo got really annoying as well

Lin and Suyin's backstory was kinda neat though

well, Ghazan did burn it down

but if you were referring to the art style, the art and animation of LoK was a huge step up from ATLA

it was glorious

By believing that it only would have 1 season it allowed them to make a crappy romance between the 2. Like those teenage ones which you hate to watch by how out of the blue they came. No getting to know each other, no flirting, no date.

How dare you say that about Meelo, he was interesting till the end

BAD BAD kenzi

but you are right about opal and kai

i meant when in TLA, ep 17, S1, those people came to live there as refuges and the mechanist kinda remade it with the pipes and mechanisms and what not

In korra that is changed back to the old way as i saw