Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Amuro Tooru speculation thread

Amuro Tooru  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Amuro Tooru? (Multiple choice)

• Bourbon
    • Akai Shuuichi
    • Scar Akai
    • Member of the Black Organization (NOT Bourbon)
    • Just a detective
    • Free-lance assassin
    • Member of a rival organization
    • CIA
    • FBI
    • Another agency
    • Sera's older brother
    • Sera Masumi
    • Someone else
  2. 2. What is Amuro after? (multiple answer)

• Find Akai and/or investigate his death (NOT kill him!)
    • Find and Kill Akai (vs. just find him)
    • Find Sherry (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sherry (vs. just find her)
    • Spy on/ investigate Conan
    • Uncover Conan's true identity
    • Kill Shinichi/Conan
    • Investigate Sera (NOT kill her!)
    • Find and Kill Sera
    • Spy on/Investigate Kogoro Detective Agency
    • Investigate Okiya
    • Kill Okiya
    • Spy on the FBI
    • Damage the FBI
    • Spy on the CIA
    • Damage the CIA
    • Spy on/Investigate the Black Org
    • Damage/Destroy the Black Org
    • Kill someone else
    • Something else not on this list

Well, in the latest file, that Amuro guy has been showing too much skills of inspection and information gathering for all we know. He even knows about the fact that they were rescued in the fire, then who was adopted first, and who stayed at the church longer. That is quite impressive I must say, even for a detective.

Also, according to DCTP's translation, it seems that being a waiter is just another part-time job of his; and I also doubt that he, as a detective, has so many clients. Which matches the fact that most of the time he's been doing something else... :mellow:

I can't wait to see something interesting will happen between Conan and Amuro.

Well with 2 chapters i see nothing in him.

I mean if he IS a Bourbon WHAT he is doing? Why take such stupid case about cheating?

If he is Bourbon=Scar Akai he elready know Conan. But unlike Sera who was suspicious from the begining he shows no reaction.

Well it seems that next final chapter will be major. There must be reaction on sleeping Mouri.

He even knows about the fact that they were rescued in the fire, then who was adopted first, and who stayed at the church longer. That is quite impressive I must say, even for a detective.

It isn't a secret i think. Perhaps she tell him herself.

I mean if he IS a Bourbon WHAT he is doing? Why take such stupid case about cheating?

If he is Bourbon=Scar Akai he elready know Conan. But unlike Sera who was suspicious from the begining he shows no reaction.

Well it seems that next final chapter will be major. There must be reaction on sleeping Mouri.

Well, if Amuro is Scar Akai, then he rescued Conan during the Bank Heist case. But, I really doubt that he paid much attention to conan then, coz his main aim at that time was to see Jodie's reactions and not to see a kid's behavior. And Amuro clearly states that this case that his job is part-time. He has still not seen anything of Conan yet that has aroused his suspiction. According to the spoilers of the next chapter:

Conan will use sleeping Kogoro in the case. Amuro tries to justify that it was a murder but it was proved to be a suicide. So, surely he might have realized that something was wrong with Mouri's behavior. At the end of the case, he is seen as a part-time worker in Poirot and he asks Mouri to be his apperentice. Mouri acceptes this offer . So looks like he will be a regular visitor of the mouri household and this is surely leading to something HUGE as file 800 is just 5 files away!

And Amuro clearly states that this case that his job is part-time. He has still not seen anything of Conan yet that has aroused his suspiction.

So you think he take that case because he knows that Mouri come on this party?

Well, if Amuro is Scar Akai, then he rescued Conan during the Bank Heist case. But, I really doubt that he paid much attention to conan then, coz his main aim at that time was to see Jodie's reactions and not to see a kid's behavior.

Scar Akai was close enough to overhear Conan using the voice changer. The hostages heard it and Conan's voice telling the robbers his trick because they turned to listen.

Scar Akai was close enough to overhear Conan using the voice changer. The hostages heard it and Conan's voice telling the robbers his trick because they turned to listen.

So it means Bourbon must suspecting something about Conan.

But Amai shown no interest. I think he isn't even look at him.

i think the main purpose of Amuro being here is because he knew mouri would be there. this is probably to get closer to all of them

So it means Bourbon must suspecting something about Conan.

But Amai shown no interest. I think he isn't even look at him.

It makes sense if he has already known from the beginning. My theory is that Amuro doesn't even care about Conan or Kogoro at all. He only wants to approach them in order to investigate further about their connections with other parties (FBI, CIA, Sherry...).

About the reason why he chose this random cheating case for investigation. I think that, at first, it was just for money or to kill time, since it's his cover job after all (i.e. a mere coincidence).

It may sounds like a waste of time, but please remember that we don't know how highly ranked Bourbon really is. If his rank is very low, the Org. doesn't seem to need him that much (which may explain why he is not so active until now), therefore he can still has free time to do whatever he wants (much like Akemi). I also don't see anything strange with random cases for that matters (not to mention that in this one, he was required to do researches, which I think is something Bourbon would be fond of).

And, even the high-ranking BO members themselves have to stay quite at times (which BTW most criminal syndicates IRL also do), because if they appear so often, there'll be a big chance that the police will take notice of their secret syndicate. Therefore, you cannot expect every BO operatives to always be busy with crimes. The most obvious proof for this is that Vermouth, a very important member, had been two actresses for a very long time without participating in missions as much as the others, and it's likely that she also starred in lame movies along with legendary ones during that period of time.

Anyway, after a short time, while doing the investigation about Banba's various connections, he found out that he and Mouri were once classmates, so it was possible that he'd invite him to the party. (Please remember that to research about someone's past or childhood, taking notice of that person's relationships is a very important task, since you can find out lots of clues.) Therefore, the party was a very big chance for Amuro to get close to Kogoro and Conan. Of course if Banba hadn't invited them, Amuro could still have done many other methods to approach them, but it would take more time.

So you think he take that case because he knows that Mouri come on this party?

Yup, that's what I think. He might have known that the groom-to-be was a good friend of Mouri and the BO knows that the FBI activity was intense in that area. So, I won't be suprised if that's the case. It would be a perfect way to start investigating the place and Mouri's connections.

@Chekhov: But if he did hear Conan, then why is he not suprised to see him with Mouri? I think that he did not observe Conan beck then.

It makes sense if he has already known from the beginning. My theory is that Amuro doesn't even care about Conan or Kogoro at all. He only wants to approach them in order to investigate further about their connections with other parties (FBI, CIA, Sherry...).

About the reason why he chose this random cheating case for investigation. I think that, at first, it was just for money or to kill time, since it's his cover job after all (i.e. a mere coincidence).

It may sounds like a waste of time, but please remember that we don't know how highly ranked Bourbon really is. If his rank is very low, the Org. doesn't seem to need him that much (which may explain why he is not so active until now), therefore he can still has free time to do whatever he wants (much like Akemi). I also don't see anything strange with random cases for that matters (not to mention that in this one, he was required to do researches, which I think is something Bourbon would be fond of).

And, even the high-ranking BO members themselves have to stay quite at times (which BTW most criminal syndicates IRL also do), because if they appear so often, there'll be a big chance that the police will take notice of their secret syndicate. Therefore, you cannot expect every BO operatives to always be busy with crimes. The most obvious proof for this is that Vermouth, a very important member, had been two actresses for a very long time without participating in missions as much as the others, and it's likely that she also starred in lame movies along with legendary ones during that period of time.

Anyway, after a short time, while doing the investigation about Banba's various connections, he found out that he and Mouri were once classmates, so it was possible that he'd invite him to the party. (Please remember that to research about someone's past or childhood, taking notice of that person's relationships is a very important task, since you can find out lots of clues.) Therefore, the party was a very big chance for Amuro to get close to Kogoro and Conan. Of course if Banba hadn't invited them, Amuro could still have done many other methods to approach them, but it would take more time.

I agree with the very last part, but not the first or middle part. He is interested in Conan and Kogoro. We know this because Scar Akai knew Kogoro's cellphone number which was on Kir's phone. Also scar Akai has seen two Conan cases at work, Teito bank and red shirts, and the common aspect is Conan. This third case will only solidify Bourbon's suspicion that Kogoro and Conan have something strange going on. Also, any research on Conan is going to turn up weird stuff, as Sera found and as Eisuke found.

Having a codename indicates relatively high rank at minimum, better than Rikumichi or Akemi for instance.

Yup, that's what I think. He might have known that the groom-to-be was a good friend of Mouri and the BO knows that the FBI activity was intense in that area. So, I won't be suprised if that's the case. It would be a perfect way to start investigating the place and Mouri's connections.

@Chekhov: But if he did hear Conan, then why is he not surprised to see him with Mouri? I think that he did not observe Conan beck then.

Because Conan was with Mouri before, at the red shirts case. I'm not sure I understand your argument; why would it be surprising for Conan to be with Mouri anyway?

I just noticed... Ran was fishing for a connection about Conan and Shinichi again, right? Do you guys think this has to do something with Amuro Tooru?

Tooru seems lighthearted, nice, and understanding at first blush, so Amuro would be the natural go-to guy if Ran was trying to secretly run an investigation on Conan=Shinichi herself and needed to ask someone to do a forensic match test on fingerprints or something like that that. Importantly, Ran probably wouldn't adequately conceal from Amuro the source of her fingerprints or whatever she was using to match. If Amuro knows Shinichi is supposed to be dead anyway and then hears about Shinichi anyway...

There is a lot of potentially awesome plots that could happen here.

I agree with the very last part, but not the first or middle part. He is interested in Conan and Kogoro. We know this because Scar Akai knew Kogoro's cellphone number which was on Kir's phone. Also scar Akai has seen two Conan cases at work, Teito bank and red shirts, and the common aspect is Conan. This third case will only solidify Bourbon's suspicion that Kogoro and Conan have something strange going on. Also, any research on Conan is going to turn up weird stuff, as Sera found and as Eisuke found.

Well if he IS Boourbon. Well thank you for this post. That's why i say - Bourbon IS INTERESTED in Conan and Kogoro. That's what I waiting from Bourbon. And I don't see it in Amuro.

He might have known that the groom-to-be was a good friend of Mouri and the BO knows that the FBI activity was intense in that area. So, I won't be suprised if that's the case. It would be a perfect way to start investigating the place and Mouri's connections.

Really? You know he is very lucky bastard. If there was no murderer he cann't even talk with Mouri. Because he is just a waiter. He cann't say that he is Private Eye because it's a secret, he is working.

Besides If he want to meet Kogoro he may become the waiter in Pourou (sorry, forgot the name) from the very begining. But no he chose difficult way.

And I repeat. Take such boring case. Private detective of Organisation. Gin calls him Holmes. I don't believe it.

Really? You know he is very lucky bastard. If there was no murderer he cann't even talk with Mouri. Because he is just a waiter. He cann't say that he is Private Eye because it's a secret, he is working.

Besides If he want to meet Kogoro he may become the waiter in Pourou (sorry, forgot the name) from the very begining. But no he chose difficult way.

And I repeat. Take such boring case. Private detective of Organization. Gin calls him Holmes. I don't believe it.

It's pretty risky to just start working in the restaurant under a really famous detective if you are a member of a criminal organization. It would be wise to scope out the detective first to make sure the detective is interesting enough to your case to be worth the risk of getting close the detective.
  • Upvote 1

It's pretty risky to just start working in the restaurant under a really famous detective if you are a member of a criminal organization. It would be wise to scope out the detective first to make sure the detective is interesting enough to your case to be worth the risk of getting close the detective.

what we have found out, Bourbon likes to take big risks. Maybe that's why Gin hates him and Vermouth

what we have found out, Bourbon likes to take big risks. Maybe that's why Gin hates him and Vermouth

I think Gin doesn't like Vermouth because she is secretive as well. Bourbon is the same way, so Gin doesn't like him either.

Bourbon is the same way, so Gin doesn't like him either.

According to Gin Bourbon said that only he can kill Akai. It's like he said - You are too dumb to kill him.

So Bourbon is arrogant i think.

I think Gin doesn't like Vermouth because she is secretive as well. Bourbon is the same way, so Gin doesn't like him either.

Yeah, its probably the combination of their deceptive nature, conceited attitude,and Anokata's favoritism. Gin once said something like, "That guy, thinking he can do whatever he wants" They seem to get a liberty and has this risk taking nature Gin doesn't seem to care for.

@Chek: Oops, I think I forgot about the 13 Red T-shits case :( My bad. What I want to say is that, Amuro (Scar Akai) has met Conan a couple of times, but he did not pay much attention to what he was upto. At that time, he was concentrating on the FBI (Particularly Jodie). I will be now, that is, in the upcoming cases that he will realize that Conan is not just a mere 7 yr old and might start investigating on him. Next time, I'll see to it that I recollect all the cases before posting my theories :)

@Chek: Oops, I think I forgot about the 13 Red T-shits case :( My bad. What I want to say is that, Amuro (Scar Akai) has met Conan a couple of times, but he did not pay much attention to what he was upto. At that time, he was concentrating on the FBI (Particularly Jodie). I will be now, that is, in the upcoming cases that he will realize that Conan is not just a mere 7 yr old and might start investigating on him. Next time, I'll see to it that I recollect all the cases before posting my theories :)

He was stuck on the floor without Jodie or Camel. Also Scar Akai's deduction showed that he had to be paying attention to Conan because it was Conan who said aloud various clues about the receipts and the red mark on the bomber's shoulder that scar Akai would be unable to get close enough to see for himself. Okiya and Scar Akai were both shown watching so it makes sense.

This is more of an off-topic observation then anything else mind you...

but did anyone else notice how Amuro shares a similar appearance with that of Arrack from the non-canon, Detective Conan Special Volume 26? Clearly the two characters have no connection, but I thought it was a tad bit ironic. If you think about it, Arrack's mission to capture Sherry would also be the same as what Kir told the FBI about Bourbon's alleged mission (that is, assuming that Amuro is indeed Bourbon).

Regardless of whom he is or what his role in the plot is, I wish Gosho had thrown Amuro (and Sera for that matter) at us ages ago. We've had Subaru lurking in the shadows for what seems to be forever now, and then later we were introduced to Scar Akai. Concerning those two, the story's pacing seemed rather slow, but recently, Gosho seems to be throwing everything at us all at once. If the Bourbon Arc is starting to wrap up, it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Of course, that is assuming everything will be coming to an end shortly after File 800.

• Upvote 2

Regardless of whom he is or what his role in the plot is, I wish Gosho had thrown Amuro (and Sera for that matter) at us ages ago.

Exactly, and cut about 75 chapters of filler out in the middle. The pacing in this arc has been terrible, plot all at once and then none at all.
  • Upvote 1

This is more of an off-topic observation then anything else mind you...

but did anyone else notice how Amuro shares a similar appearance with that of Arrack from the non-canon, Detective Conan Special Volume 26? Clearly the two characters have no connection, but I thought it was a tad bit ironic. If you think about it, Arrack's mission to capture Sherry would also be the same as what Kir told the FBI about Bourbon's alleged mission (that is, assuming that Amuro is indeed Bourbon).

Regardless of whom he is or what his role in the plot is, I wish Gosho had thrown Amuro (and Sera for that matter) at us ages ago. We've had Subaru lurking in the shadows for what seems to be forever now, and then later we were introduced to Scar Akai. Concerning those two, the story's pacing seemed rather slow, but recently, Gosho seems to be throwing everything at us all at once. If the Bourbon Arc is starting to wrap up, it will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Of course, that is assuming everything will be coming to an end shortly after File 800.

Exactly, and cut about 75 chapters of filler out in the middle. The pacing in this arc has been terrible, plot all at once and then none at all.

Am I the only one here who is fearing that this arc....... may not end at "800" ??? So just recently introducing those two into the plot is actually "early" ? (Gosh, I so not hope that it's the case, and I bet that Wakarimashita would disagree with me though :P ). Just think about it, even if the next case is plot related, i.e Sera/Haibara visits Poirot and some interesting things will happen between Amuro and them. Then BAM!!! The next case, everyone's identity gets revealed. That is a little too fast, don't you think ? I somehow doubt that Gosho would go OOC to do something like that.

After reading last chapter i can say only one thing.

If Amuro is Bourbon, he is suck. He failed the case and mistool murdere with suicide. I dont want to belive that scary Bourbon is stupid.