Detective Conan World
Moonlight Magician

SCIENCE!

Erm... okay... :mellow:

Let's see...

Newton's first law states that: (Hopefully Ive memorised correctly XD)

An object(or body) will continue to stay at rest, or continue in its state of motion in a straight line unless an external force acts upon it~

:P (Yay I took the easiest)

Speaking of Newton, what other scientists do we know besides him?

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Can we have anyone share with us about Science laws or teach us about science?

Newton's three laws, Einstein's laws, etc...? :P

I'll tell you right now that every Law is just a well proven theory. Anyone tells you that science produces hard irrefutable facts has lied to you. Science is about total understanding, but because of that we are always questioning and revising. Sometimes in an effort to prove something, it is disproven, or an exception is found.

Here is a good comic about the state of the understanding of gravity in theoretical physics:

20110922.gif

Regardless of what you may think, or what impressions you may have about science. Science is merely the testing of hypothesis. Whether the result is positive or negative doesn't matter because everything is a result.

Also... I could very easily put down the equations for each theory and expand upon what they mean... but that may be too much for a forum where most users have never even seen the likes of calculus or actual physics or science. If you go into science you'll learn really quickly that people lied to you when you were in grade school... (actually that goes for a lot of subjects, but it is especially horrid in science)

Erm... okay... :mellow:

Let's see...

Newton's first law states that: (Hopefully Ive memorised correctly XD)

An object(or body) will continue to stay at rest, or continue in its state of motion in a straight line unless an external force acts upon it~

:P (Yay I took the easiest)

hahaha you're naughty as always! :P

How dare you to forgot Einstein... <_<

I'll tell you right now that every Law is just a well proven theory. Anyone tells you that science produces hard irrefutable facts has lied to you. Science is about total understanding, but because of that we are always questioning and revising. Sometimes in an effort to prove something, it is disproven, or an exception is found.

Here is a good comic about the state of the understanding of gravity in theoretical physics:

20110922.gif

Regardless of what you may think, or what impressions you may have about science. Science is merely the testing of hypothesis. Whether the result is positive or negative doesn't matter because everything is a result.

Also... I could very easily put down the equations for each theory and expand upon what they mean... but that may be too much for a forum where most users have never even seen the likes of calculus or actual physics or science. If you go into science you'll learn really quickly that people lied to you when you were in grade school... (actually that goes for a lot of subjects, but it is especially horrid in science)

Indeed, in science, rules change. Absolute truths become total lies. Impossibilities become possible.

Well, :rolleyes: I can tell you A LOT of amazing things about science

1. If you love astronomy, you can describe your location with precision and detail. I for one, live in the Blue Planet, counted among the inner planets, in the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, etc..., Universe

2. If you love taxonomy, you can classify every living thing into its own K-P-C-O-F-G-S... I add another category exclusive for human beings-- Variety: Normal, Abnormal, Insane, Psycho, Schizo, Paranoid, etc...

3. Biology is the study of life. Study it and you'll find what kind of people you meet everday-- snakes, crabs, sloths, leeches, and the like.

4. If you love physics, you can explain why you always seem to lose things. Apparently, anti-matter is a powerful force. And once again, black holes do exist. We call them "blind spots."

5. If you love chemistry, you'll be an expert on what makes people fall in love with each other. And admit it, chemistry class is a great time for bonding...

6. If you love geology, you will be well-versed in multiplication tables, periodic

tables, and water tables--and wonder why the last one never appears on your exam.

7. If you love meteorology, you should know the best place to get an unlimited supply of different shapes and sizes of cotton candy.

8. If you're a fan of marine biology, you will swear that dolphins are smarter than fifth graders.

9. Newton's first law of motion, or the law of inertia states that things at rest

tend to stay at rest, and things in motion tend to remain in motion. It shouldn't

be a surprise to your parents that waking you up in the morning is such a chore. On the other hand, they have probably restated the other half as "Kids at play remain that way."

10. Sarcasm is a science.

Wow.

I <3 your list, Twin. +1

XXDDDDDDDDDDD

The very first thing they lied as per i remember was teaching Bohr's atomic theory till the 10th grade.

There are many cases where newton's law's are defied. Science is huge. Rather, we all are talking about Physics to be specific!. Nothing remains. you never know, after some 200-300 years, new laws may be out. Universe is random. If there were no anomilies, there wont be interest and amazement.

A derivative a day, keeps Integral away.

[/Quote]

hahaha you're naughty as always! :P

How dare you to forgot Einstein... <_<

Einstein...what do I remember about Eintstein? He's autistic, right?

Also, let us not forget Copernicus. Pasteur. Boyle. Watson. Our dear old Aristotle.

The very first thing they lied as per i remember was teaching Bohr's atomic theory till the 10th grade.

There are many cases where newton's law's are defied. Science is huge. Rather, we all are talking about Physics to be specific!

Science is not only huge but it talks everything.Even the tiniest thing in the universe can be explain by it.

Also, let us not forget Copernicus. Pasteur. Boyle. Watson. Our dear old Aristotle.

:mellow:

Hmmmm... I forgot. I do bad at remembering names. I will probably only remember their laws. I did well in remembering Einstein's and Newton's. I don't think I can remember the rest unless you remind me :P

20110922.gif

Of course. Science is ever changing. One moment they can tell you that a chemical is good for your body, the next moment they proved otherwise. Everything in Science is based on assumptions. (Assuming that air resistance is negligible, assuming that energy is conserved...etc.) There are so many other factors that affect Science. There are also some contradicting aspects in Science. (For example, some say light is energy, some say they are thrown out in packets of matter...) But without the laws and theories in Science as basis, we wouldn't be able to continue and make so many other discoveries which we use today. Even though Science may not be absolute truth, we still have to learn and understand them. Whether or not you think they are lies or not, they will have to decide for themselves.

I heard that Einstein dropped out of High School or something. :mellow:

I remember Copernicus, Pasteur, Aristotle as well as Einstein. :mellow:

Copernicus- Solar system

Pasteur- something about Milk.

Aristotle- forgot. >__<

Einstein- e=mc2

I remember Copernicus, Pasteur, Aristotle as well as Einstein. :mellow:

Copernicus- Solar system

Pasteur- something about Milk.

Aristotle- forgot. >__<

Einstein- e=mc2

Aristotle-everything against Galileo

Sadly..most of the people know Einstein only becasue of Theory of Relativity...He actually got Noble Prize for Photoelectric effect..

:mellow:

Something about him reminds me of atomic bombs...

Do you want to explain the theory of relativity?

I know him because of e = mc2

energy = mass x speed of light~

(Don't really understand what it meant by packets of light)

Energy has always been separate from mass. This is one confusing law. hahaha :P

Photons=discrete packets of light

Do you want to explain the theory of relativity?

I know him because of e = mc2

energy = mass x speed of light~

(Don't really understand what it meant by packets of light)

Energy has always been separate from mass. This is one confusing law. hahaha :P

Correction: Speed of light^2

Packets of lights..Its time to introduce Max Planck into picture. He was the one who said that light is made of small packets of energy called "Quanta". Each packet has energy equivalent to E=hf..where E is energy, h is planck's constant and f is frequency.

WARNING-- KKLT, dont put too much head into it right now..else you will forget everything@!

Correction: Speed of light^2

Packets of lights..Its time to introduce Max Planck into picture. He was the one who said that light is made of small packets of energy called "Quanta". Each packet has energy equivalent to E=hf..where E is energy, h is planck's constant and f is frequency.

WARNING-- KKLT, dont put too much head into it right now..else you will forget everything@!

NOOOOO!!!

Quantum theory...

Orbitals...

Negative and Positive Electron Spin...

My brain can't handle that much.