One word for this thread: EPIC

And for the one who started it: AWESOME

And for us posting in it: AMAZING

And for myself: NOBODY

:P

*Is totally not intrest in science*

*Just got F in science quiz*< just saying :P

What do you guys like about science that much? DX

Everything can be explain by SCIENCE via scientific explanations.

Biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, physiology, anatomy, psychology, pretty much all sciences were demonstrated in DC.

The fact that you're alive sounds pretty amazing.

hahaha nice one there AJ.

Well, :rolleyes: I can tell you A LOT of amazing things about science

1. If you love astronomy, you can describe your location with precision and detail. I for one, live in the Blue Planet, counted among the inner planets, in the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, etc..., Universe

2. If you love taxonomy, you can classify every living thing into its own K-P-C-O-F-G-S... I add another category exclusive for human beings-- Variety: Normal, Abnormal, Insane, Psycho, Schizo, Paranoid, etc...

3. Biology is the study of life. Study it and you'll find what kind of people you meet everday-- snakes, crabs, sloths, leeches, and the like.

4. If you love physics, you can explain why you always seem to lose things. Apparently, anti-matter is a powerful force. And once again, black holes do exist. We call them "blind spots."

5. If you love chemistry, you'll be an expert on what makes people fall in love with each other. And admit it, chemistry class is a great time for bonding...

6. If you love geology, you will be well-versed in multiplication tables, periodic

tables, and water tables--and wonder why the last one never appears on your exam.

7. If you love meteorology, you should know the best place to get an unlimited supply of different shapes and sizes of cotton candy.

8. If you're a fan of marine biology, you will swear that dolphins are smarter than fifth graders.

9. Newton's first law of motion, or the law of inertia states that things at rest

tend to stay at rest, and things in motion tend to remain in motion. It shouldn't

be a surprise to your parents that waking you up in the morning is such a chore. On the other hand, they have probably restated the other half as "Kids at play remain that way."

10. Sarcasm is a science.

*speechless* Nice! \o/

*forgets to put Moho is not allowed* :V

Hahaha anyway let's not go off-topic.

Work equals force times distance!

I disagree. For me, work means you're forced to go the distance. B)

Biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, physiology, anatomy, psychology, pretty much all sciences were demonstrated in DC.

Pretty horribly though. The DC psychology is laughable (though, its a means to an end), and its technically not one of the physical sciences. Biology is horrible, but I only say that because of the APTX thing. Chemistry is actually... one of the better ones. As is physics so long as it is GOSHO's story and not the anime team having fun (they take too many liberties in physics). Gosho does too but its usually only for the gadgets. Anatomy is pretty decent, but it sticks to the basics, but that is fine. I do not however remember astronomy....

Amazing things in science? Hell we might have found something that breaks physics! The neutrino subatomic particle has been found, tentatively at least, to be able to surpass the speed of light.

There is also that arsenic based life form that NASA found in some arsenic laced pond.

One thing is for sure: Evolution is NOT science.

Evolution is not science....? WTF is wrong with you? It is most certainly science, and people are still studying it. And we are technically forcibly evolving certain organisms to meet certain ends through genetic recombination (biotech and molecular biology and geneticists focus on that among others). The most popular are bacterium (E.Coli is the usual), and plants. There is a hell fire of debate over GMOs though, which I don't understand... Those plants were bound to develop those resistances on their own, we just forced it along to help yield better crops.

Pretty horribly though. The DC psychology is laughable (though, its a means to an end), and its technically not one of the physical sciences. Biology is horrible, but I only say that because of the APTX thing. Chemistry is actually... one of the better ones. As is physics so long as it is GOSHO's story and not the anime team having fun (they take too many liberties in physics). Gosho does too but its usually only for the gadgets. Anatomy is pretty decent, but it sticks to the basics, but that is fine. I do not however remember astronomy....

Amazing things in science? Hell we might have found something that breaks physics! The neutrino subatomic particle has been found, tentatively at least, to be able to surpass the speed of light.

There is also that arsenic based life form that NASA found in some arsenic laced pond.

WOW!Sounds interesting! :D I'm really into that speed of light.

I can't believe that all you noticed was the astronomy part...D:

haha! Sadly that what you thought!

@Kyuu,thats another amazing one! After finding that neutrino particle over-taking speed of light, whole of Einstein's theorum is being questioned. Whole Physics may fall apart if it is true.

Indeed, it was said that if you break the speed of light, time travel is possible. :blink:

• Upvote 1

:mellow: We don't need Einstein.

Then again, we can use one of those little Chibi Einsteins featured in Night at the Museum :blink:

<_< you suck! :P

We need him!

There's a possibility that we can time travel but we can't go back again I dunno if it's true because if you'll try, your gonna be in another dimension which is the reason why we can't go back.

As a scientist, I'd like to believe that time travel is possible, but.... It really isn't. If you are moving faster than the speed of light, you aren't time traveling so much as seeing past light, your own time stream is still moving. There is a theory that says that moving that fast would cause time to move on earth and you'd come back from your journey in the future due to the theory of relativity. However considering that we cannot do such things we cannot test it. And I don't buy that as a viable result.

And then you have the issue with backwards time travel. Which again, is not possible. Though I have to say it makes for great movies and TV shows (Bill and Ted, Back to the Future, Doctor Who).

I have not been able to convince myself, objectively, that it is possible. We would have to break every law of physics, beyond simply breaking the speed of light barrier. That is unless we discover that String Theory is true, and those strings can link to other times and dimensions. However, that is unlikely to be the case. Other dimensions is possible, but to access and have those allow time travel is not (or at least highly unlikely).

• Upvote 4

As a scientist, I'd like to believe that time travel is possible, but.... It really isn't. If you are moving faster than the speed of light, you aren't time traveling so much as seeing past light, your own time stream is still moving. There is a theory that says that moving that fast would cause time to move on earth and you'd come back from your journey in the future due to the theory of relativity. However considering that we cannot do such things we cannot test it. And I don't buy that as a viable result.

And then you have the issue with backwards time travel. Which again, is not possible. Though I have to say it makes for great movies and TV shows (Bill and Ted, Back to the Future, Doctor Who).

I have not been able to convince myself, objectively, that it is possible. We would have to break every law of physics, beyond simply breaking the speed of light barrier. That is unless we discover that String Theory is true, and those strings can link to other times and dimensions. However, that is unlikely to be the case. Other dimensions is possible, but to access and have those allow time travel is not (or at least highly unlikely).

I agree. I do not support the notion of parallel universes or the possibility of time travel.

@KKLT: Of course. You begin.

You're so great at it.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Can we have anyone share with us about Science laws or teach us about science?

Newton's three laws, Einstein's laws, etc...? :P

The person above you is very great at it.He might teach us about that unless he wants a payment.