Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

How did you come across Detective Conan?

Hello Friends,

I have been wondering that how did you all came across Detective Conan for the first time? Who told you about this amazing anime? From whom did you hear about it?

In my case, i saw Detective Conan first time on a local channel in India! Actually my first episode was "Kogoro's Re-union"

How about you all? :)

I've always enjoyed mystery books, so when I saw the cover with Conan in his Sherlock Holmes outfit, I was drawn in. Before that, I had assumed all manga was about young girls who fight dragons with unnaturally coloured hair. XD

Then, two strangers at school told me to watch the anime version, which I did, and it was a good decision.

^Nice :lol:

I got into the series through fanfiction, weirdly enough. Basically, I was searching through a fanfic authors other fics (I think it was Ellen Brand) and I saw a oneshot from the Detective Conan fandom. I decided to read it and proceeded to love it, then, in order to make sense of some of the confusing aspects (APTX, the bowtie ect;) I googled it, which resulted in some, but not all the of the plot points spoilt and discovering DCTP. That was halfway through the London Case... :mrgreen:

I watched Death note, and decide i needed another Mystery-manga. Then i found DC and could not stop wathing it. (It was better than Death note)

My friend showed me Case Closed. I read the first few volumes and got scared of the blood. :P (I was in 5th or 6th grade). Then, last summer, I decided to watch all the episodes and read the manga. And so I did. First I had nightmares about being murdered, but then I was fine. :P SO NOW I LOVE IT!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!

• Upvote 1

My friends read it so I decided to borrow the first volume from library. I was 12 and right after reading that I got traumas and I had to keep a pause.

But about a year ago I was too curious to keep my fingers away from DC and I continued reading it. And I don't have any traumas anymore...

My mom told me about the show, since she knew that it was popular in Japan (if you're curious WHY she knew this, my mom's side of the family lives in Japan and she contacts them about once a week). Since I had JUST run out of ideas of anime to watch, I decided to watch the first episode on YouTube. I instantly loved it and finished all the episodes I could in about a month (It was around the Shiratori/Kobayashi episodes that I finished most of the previous episodes). So then I started reading the manga when I could online as I waited for the next episode. And that's about it.

I was on vacation to Taiwan in the year 2006. I remember cuz there as a mini-earthquake when I was there.

Bored in a hotel with three other kids, I had little choice but to turn on the TV. The show that was playing happened to be Detective Conan.

The episode that was playing was the episode where Sato was to solve a case regarding her dad.

I thought that Conan was a really smart kid and that Officer Sato was his mother :lol:

After the holiday, I forgot about DC. One day, by chance I happened to find a DC movie. (Movie 11 to be exact.)

I also found the 10 in 1 DC Movie Boxed Set. I watched the 6th movie: Phantom of Baker Street with my family.

I liked the entire idea of DC and I was, frankly, addicted. A month later my dad told me about Haibara Ai, who also shrunk like Shinichi did.

And then I found out about Case Closed. I made the librarian order it from the states. I read all of them, from Book 1 to Book 31.

That's how I got addicted to DC :D

I got into it through regular TV. :]

There is a channel called "RTL II" here, it used to broadcast loads of good animes but it turned into sh#t.

But anyway, it was about 10 years ago I think, I was 6/7 (OMG:Othatsalongtime,wanttobealittlechildagainsobadly) and well yeah. . . I was watching RTL II pretty often because of all the other Animes. And yeah. . . :D

i actually read the manga first bak in 07 i found it @ my local lybrary where ive only found fruits baskets and i actually only found 27-29 so i finished those and so wanted more than i googled it and holy crap it was an anime so ive been hooked since than

Channel surfing back in '04. Came across the first english dubbed episode on adultswim.

I watched the show for a while until they eventually stopped airing.

I just recently starting watching the anime again from the beginning.

Hello Friends,

I have been wondering that how did you all came across Detective Conan for the first time? Who told you about this amazing anime? From whom did you hear about it?

In my case, i saw Detective Conan first time on a local channel in India! Actually my first episode was "Kogoro's Re-union"

How about you all? :)

after so much of time an indian

i am indian studying in 10th standard

yes i remember DC on hungama channel when i was in 6th

now i am in 10th

well i was just having a glance at the episode and i liked it and then i started following

reply to my pm

okay?

i was watching adult swim some morning (had stayed up all night or woken up really early, can't remember which) and saw the last 5min of the smooth sailing case. i was determined to find out what the show was so i kept trying to stay up to watch it xD

my 1st full ep was the 'richard/kogoro class reunion case'

When I was about 7 or 8 I watched an episode that aired on TV. I was young so I guess I wasn't really into the show at that time so i basically forgot about it. Last month my friend Recommended me to watch, and after watching the first few episodes I got addicted to it.

Let's see,

My cousin was a big fan of it..

She bought the first season DVD..

And I was in a sleeping party with her..

And I didn't sleep until I watched all the ep of season 1..

The next day I took her laptop and watch season two..

And now I'm a huge fan of it!!

All thanks to Her!!

Well, I think this was when I were seven and she was nine (: