Detective Conan World
Glass Heart

The best movies you've seen lately and the movies you will see soon.

OMG YOU ARE WAY AHEAD OF ME

My brother's in the other room, planning the movie night out this weekend. And this is different from Interstellar—Interstellar walked into the mystic, paradoxical realm of Sci-fi not long after it started. The Martian, from the few pages I've read from the book before my brother called dibs on it, is all hard-science. One thing I'll miss about Interstellar though is the Hans Zimmer soundtrack. 

I haven't watched it yet lol so I ain't ahead of you :V

I see. I see :P . I really liked Interstellar lol. It's a pretty cool movie (Especially that Nolan Directed it *fanboys* xD He's like one of the best Mind-Blowingly Creative Director around right now). Yeah, there was not much hard science in Interstellar but there were few and they were true to the facts, lol.

And, I'm pretty sure The Martian and Interstellar would be completely different, in terms of the feel. The Martian is more Sciency (as you said plus based on the book) and Actiony bad-ass like film when I watched the trailer. On the otherhand, Interstellar was intended to be more Emotional and Complex Movie. Just like Inception.

Hans Zimmer? I've heard legends about him :P They say he's one of the best musical film scorer xD

#missedmuch

Haha, yeah. I'm gonna be catching up soon. :P So far, in the Superhero genre, I have only watched Spiderman (With Tobey Maguire in it), Batman (Dark Knight Trilogy) and Ironman (RDJ). Heard that the new Spiderman series is way better than the old, was that true?

there is a distinct lack of inside out in this thread

I've heard about that movie. Dunno what it is about.

Gonna watch Metropolis soon. It's a silent movie from early 1927 and is one of the first science fiction movies. It takes place in 2026 so I'm really interested to see how the creator(s) thought 2026 might look like. I've heard very good things about this movie and even just scrolling through the comments on the youtube page for it, most of the comments are positive. It's got robots and the main one (possibly the only one; I'm not really sure yet) is called a "maschinenmensch" which literally is just the words "machine" and "person" or "human" put together. It's surprisingly long and is a good two and a half hours long so I'm actually really interested to see just how they'll fill up all that time. (Most early cinematography I've seen from the early 1900s has been in the 15min - 90min range so I'm very curious as to what they need 150min for)

It also served as the loose basis for the Metropolis anime movie that came out in 2001. Being that the two will be at least somewhat similar, I want to watch them back to back, so finding a good 5 hours to do so will be difficult. I'm hoping I'll have time to watch them next weekend 

Bridge of Spies is very very very good. I watched it maybe around 2 or 3 weeks ago? :)

It makes the most recent one I've watched - Spectre not so great. Or maybe the movie itself is not so great except for the soundtrack.

I want to watch Birth of a Nation and The General soon. Both are important, notable silent movies. Birth of a Nation came out in 1915 iirc, and is racist as hell. It's release is credited as one of the things, if not the main thing, that caused the increase of KKK members in the 20s, and the KKK reportedly used to use it as a recruitment tool/propaganda film at one point, so I want to see what it's all about. It's going to take a very specfic mood to be able to sit through that movie though, so I've got to wait for the right time to watch that this. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon though. 

On the other side of the sectrum, The General came out in 1926 iirc. Buster Keaton stars in it, it's a comedy film, but there's a bunch of cool stunts in it too. I'm not a huge fan of physical humor, something that silent films tend to rely heavily one, not to mention that what was funny 100 years ago, isn't what's considered humorous now, but Buster Keaton's known for his deadpan demeanor (though I think he's more expressive in this one), and I love deadpan humor, so I'm hoping it'll still appeal to me in a comedic sense at least slightly. Oh and did I mention the stunts 

tumblr_lpj52jJwm11qiz3j8o1_500.gif

0ZLvC1p.gif

Also Char's Counterattack. But unlike the other two, I know I'll be watching this very soon, so I can start Gundam Unicorn before the end of the month. Will definitely end up saying something about these in another post once I finish them.

I want to watch Birth of a Nation and The General soon. 

CefY3INWAAE5VLW.jpg

I didn't reading anything past that sentence.

I'm kidding, I read your whole post, it's all good

tumblr_lpj52jJwm11qiz3j8o1_500.gif

Ohhhhh so that's where the hype train derailment gif comes from.  I've been seeing it a lot recently in lieu of recent Nintendo news.

Best Movies I watched lately: The Little Prince and How to Train Your Dragon 2. Both 3D animated movies :P But they're really good.

Movies I want to see: Still Star Trek and Warcraft. Also, I wish for a Wreck It Ralph 2 soon.

I fell asleep in the first half of Jurassic World.

plz don't hurt me

Anyway, I plan to go at it again sometime soon. From what I saw, it was pretty good. (plus I have a brother giving me the death glares every time this particularly sensitive topic is brought up. idek when he'll ever forgive me)